GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A long-time executive with the Ottawa-based Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, Ms. Harriman has been in seclusion since her husband's arrest, but has visited him in the Quinte jail a number of times.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ring-set-for-russell-williams/article1648356/

I wonder what those conversations were about. I'm sure she's filled with rage and questions. I would be.

I felt sorry for her until she threatened to sue the OPP for scratching her floors. I don't anymore.

OMG, he looks so RIDICULOUS. Jeeze.

He could have placed the camera on a buffet shelf - it looks like it may have been a dining room he took it in.

Actually, Larry Jones said he often seen RW's camera set up on a tripod in the living room, and that RW used a remote to capture images of birds.

I found some of those images of birds, yes, he did actually take some. He was a well known birder with a few birding associations, I think. SOB

Oh, yeah, he does look so ridiculous, and pathetic, and I guess that's why the Judge allowed some photos to be released, because, despite the admission of guilt etc., I think some people still had a hard time believing that RW could have actually done what he admitted to.

The pictures really make it clear, unfortunately. :(

The photos that were released to the public were very few in number. According to the newspaper column (link posted above), the columnist says that there were thousands of photos, possibly tens of thousands.

We do not know the locations of any of the photos that were released. We do not know the locations of any of the photos that were not released.

We do know the location.

It was blogged live from the trial that the photo's were NOT taken in any victim's home.

ETA: The picture posted here recently with the fireplace looks like it was taken in the Ottawa home. I noticed in some of the pictures, there was brown panel board in the background, which they likely had in their Tweed Cottage.

I wonder what those conversations were about. I'm sure she's filled with rage and questions. I would be.

I felt sorry for her until she threatened to sue the OPP for scratching her floors. I don't anymore.

Yeah.. especially that first conversation! I suppose I'm being gossipy, but you have to wonder what their sex life was like. Oh, I think I read that he can have conjugal visits with his wife.

We do know the location.

It was blogged live from the trial that the photo's were NOT taken in any victim's home.

ETA: The picture posted here recently with the fireplace looks like it was taken in the Ottawa home. I noticed in some of the pictures, there was brown panel board in the background, which they likely had in their Tweed Cottage.

You know, it makes sense that the court only released photos that Williams took at his residence. They wanted to protect the privacy of the victims.

Conjugal visits...eww. Husband or not, he would make my skin crawl. He'd NEVER be touching me again. Not ever.

Marie-France and Jessica will never be able to have sex again (and probably not his assault victims for a very long time), so why should he? Ugh.

We're such bleeding hearts.

I couldn't agree with you more SomeGirl. All the pyschiatrists, profilers, etc. in the world can interview him and they aren't going to learn anything other than he is just evil, it's not going to help stop the next maniac out on the streets.

Personally, I don't blame the military for not catching him, nor do I feel they owe Canadians any explanation whatsoever - they have apololgized, they have stripped him of his medals, removed his title, etc. The man is in prison for the rest of his life, and like the article that Dotr posted - case closed.

Have you read anything about him being reduced to the rank of Private from Colonel, so that his pension is reduced. There was some discussion about that initially, but I have not seen anything lately about whether the military was going to follow through on that. However, if victims can get his entire pension then it might be preferable for it to stay the greater amount.

Conjugal visits...eww. Husband or not, he would make my skin crawl. He'd NEVER be touching me again. Not ever.

Marie-France and Jessica will never be able to have sex again (and probably not his assault victims for a very long time), so why should he? Ugh.

We're such bleeding hearts.

His wife should have made Williams pay for the scratched floors, not the Canadian taxpayer. He is the one who brought all this on. She should be ashamed of herself. As well, she is not the so-called wonderful person her neighbours and others say she is if she is continuing to see this horrible monster and has not yet set about to divorce IT. Rather, she seems to be a shallow, superficial, weak creature.

Have you read anything about him being reduced to the rank of Private from Colonel, so that his pension is reduced. There was some discussion about that initially, but I have not seen anything lately about whether the military was going to follow through on that. However, if victims can get his entire pension then it might be preferable for it to stay the greater amount.

He would still get his pension, as it is based on your best 5 years.

I know that in a court martial, an officer cannot be reduced to a Pte - they can be punted back to 2Lt because of their commission. Taking away his commission effectively punts him from the military.

A reminder, on November 11, 2010, that RW and his actions, in no way diminish the heartfelt thanks we have for our fallen heroes, and our appreciation for everyone serving our beautiful country, Canada.

Lest we Forget

okeeffe_red_poppy.jpg

In this article, two forensic psychiatrists discuss Williams' behavior:

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ms-psychology-101019/20101019/?hub=OttawaHome

And here's something interesting from the comments section of article:

He was "NOT" a highly decorated member of the Canadian Armed Forces. He had a CD and one other medal. Hardly highly decorated. No tours to Bosnia or Afghanistan which would stop any future promotions even if he had not been caught. This would indicate that the media's Rising Star scenerio is far from accurate. There are Brigadier General's in there early 40's and he just got his Colonel rank and was 47. Without a Tour of Duty he was at his peak for future promotion's.

SomeGirl, what do think about this comment?

A reminder, on November 11, 2010, that RW and his actions, in no way diminish the heartfelt thanks we have for our fallen heroes, and our appreciation for everyone serving our beautiful country, Canada.

Lest we Forget

okeeffe_red_poppy.jpg

Very nicely done,Wondergirl,thankyou!

In this article, two forensic psychiatrists discuss Williams' behavior:

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ms-psychology-101019/20101019/?hub=OttawaHome

And here's something interesting from the comments section of article:

He was "NOT" a highly decorated member of the Canadian Armed Forces. He had a CD and one other medal. Hardly highly decorated. No tours to Bosnia or Afghanistan which would stop any future promotions even if he had not been caught. This would indicate that the media's Rising Star scenerio is far from accurate. There are Brigadier General's in there early 40's and he just got his Colonel rank and was 47. Without a Tour of Duty he was at his peak for future promotion's.

SomeGirl, what do think about this comment?

Not true.

It's true that he wasn't a decorated Col, as I had mentioned in a previous comment earlier.

As for not being highly decorated, people still get promoted to a higher rank without a rack of medals. They DO however, have to speak French to get higher promotions.

Doing a stint as the WComd of 8 Wing Trenton, pretty much guarantees that check mark in the box and a promotion to BGen and off to NDHQ. Every prior WComd has rec'd it (that I'm aware of in recent memory). Col Hood, Col Dumais, etc.

He would still get his pension, as it is based on your best 5 years.

I know that in a court martial, an officer cannot be reduced to a Pte - they can be punted back to 2Lt because of their commission. Taking away his commission effectively punts him from the military.
Thanks SomeGirl for all your insights into the military.

I really don't understand how commission works.

Have you heard whether they will be trying to take away his commission, or did the military do that automatically when he was found guilty, and how does that effect his pension if at all?

Not true.

It's true that he wasn't a decorated Col, as I had mentioned in a previous comment earlier.

As for not being highly decorated, people still get promoted to a higher rank without a rack of medals. They DO however, have to speak French to get higher promotions.

Doing a stint as the WComd of 8 Wing Trenton, pretty much guarantees that check mark in the box and a promotion to BGen and off to NDHQ. Every prior WComd has rec'd it (that I'm aware of in recent memory). Col Hood, Col Dumais, etc.

I'd really appreciate your opinion on this comment on this cbc fifth estate link. The writer implies that Williams' OCD might have been noticed by his superiors, and that they wouldn't have trusted him in a battle situation. This may have contributed to his stress level.

There's also some pictures on here that I hadn't seen before of a younger Williams taken by his former best buddy Jeff Farqhuar.

Excellent report. But one question remains. What happened to him at Camp Mirage in 2006?

From December 2005 to June 2006 Williams was the commanding officer at Camp Mirage, the Canadian Forces forward logistics base near Dubai.

Then in July 2006 they gave him a desk job in purchasing: the Directorate of Air Requirements, where he served as project director for the Airlift Capability Projects Strategic (CC177 Globemaster III) and Tactical (CC130J Hercules J), and Fixed-Wing Search and Rescue.

And he started doing panty raids in 2006.

The CBC report shows his obsessive-compulsive pattern. When stress in his life increased, he did more raids.

Did he apart in Dubai in 2006, come back a failure, and relieve his stress by going on panty raids? Did someone in the Canadian Forces keep quiet?

This fellow had been on the command track. Back in August 2003 they had given him a year at RMC to get his master's of defence studies. But he never got closer to combat than Dubai. Why?

Back in February I heard a CBC radio program when a doctor in charge of a field hospital in Kandahar say OCD people are attracted to the military, but they make poor soldiers in theatre: war is uncontrollable. They tend to fall apart when they can't keep control.

Keep digging, CBC.
http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2010-2011/abovesuspicion/timelinewilliams.html

This might give some hints into what was niggling away and festering inside RW:
Looking back now, I did notice some things about Russ, but nothing to suggest anything of any significance at the time. Sometimes I would be up at Chalk River, AECL or Deep River for a day. Arriving home, Russ might see me in my coveralls and casually ask me where I was. When I mentioned Deep River, no further comments, subject changed. Russ was very secretive and we did not know that he spent early childhood years in Deep River. We knew nothing of his family, did not know he had a brother, he avoided any mentioning of his past or family.

http://www.emcorleans.ca/20101111/news/How+well+do+we+know+our+neighbours?

Thanks SS

He never got closer to combat because he's was an Air Force pilot at the rank of LCol. He flew a Polaris Airbus...not a CC130. The Airbus doesn't go into CM - they need an asphalt runway, whereas the Herc and C17 can land on a dirt runway. The Airbus is more like an airliner (it's what the PM and GG fly on).

Yes, he had his commission revoked by the Governor General - and I believe it was the first time in Canadian history (I could be wrong about that though).

I don't know any LCol (especially in the Air Force) who would be involved in combat. That's why we have the infantry and combat arms personnel. Maybe helicopter pilots, but they're usually all young Capts.

I don't profess to know all, and I hope that no one thinks I'm a know it all - all I can do is to shed some light on a few questions and things I've learned after spending the last almost 20 years in the Air Force :)

This might give some hints into what was niggling away and festering inside RW:

http://www.emcorleans.ca/20101111/news/How+well+do+we+know+our+neighbours?

Thanks SS

Sure makes me wonder what on earth happened to him to cause such a huge rift in his family? Was he abused and he absolutely hates his family for that? On the surface everything looks great -- a family he should be proud of, and want to brag to his neighbours about. A brother who is a doctor, a mom who is a successful physiotherapist in one of the most respected hospitals in Canada. A father with a PhD in engineering. A stepfather with a PhD in engineering who sets up nuclear facilities all over the world.

Did he feel like he was made to feel like he could never measure up? After all, he never went on to get a PhD. like his male role models. Instead he merely had an undergrad degree in economics and poli sci from a satellite campus of U of T. before he joined the military. And it wasn't even in engineering (which would have been more suitable for his military positions, and would probably have given him more confidence and respect from others when dealing with technical matters). Did he feel like he never got any support -- emotional and financial -- from his family? Was joining the military seen as a "last resort" and looked "down upon" by his family as Williams being a failure?

Not true.

Thanks for the reply. So, not having a 'tour of duty' under his belt wouldn't have hindered his advancement. BTW, how is the new commander of the airbase doing?

I'd really appreciate your opinion on this comment on this cbc fifth estate link. The writer implies that Williams' OCD might have been noticed by his superiors, and that they wouldn't have trusted him in a battle situation. This may have contributed to his stress level.

There's also some pictures on here that I hadn't seen before of a younger Williams taken by his former best buddy Jeff Farqhuar.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2010-2011/abovesuspicion/timelinewilliams.html

He almost looks like Woody Harrelson in one of those pics! It is weird to see those old photos of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97