CANADA Canada - Montreal, WhtMale 20s, bright red hair, 'Michel' on bracelet, Jul'11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Surely, with his distinctive appearance (despite the blurriness) this would be a prime case to get the picture shared all over social media?

I don't use imgur/reddit etc, but a fantastic job was done on the Grateful Doe case. Could someone start this one off in the local area perhaps?
I started to add this case to Never Forget Me a couple months ago, but we could not verify that he was still A UID.

I contacted The newspaper and they said that they have no updates. I think we will have to contact the Montreal police to find out.

Delurking to suggest this missing Nebraska man......height is off-MP is listed as 6 ft 1, but strong resemblance in face. MP photo looks like a school photo from high school, but not a senior picture, more like a freshman or sophomore picture, or even an 8th grade picture. His first name is Michael. He went missing in 1992 at the age of 23.
Link: https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/MissingPersons/

Hi, I recently sent a couple of emails out to authorities regarding the status of this guy because I think he may have been identified. I will post here if/when I hear back.

Delurking to suggest this missing Nebraska man......height is off-MP is listed as 6 ft 1, but strong resemblance in face. MP photo looks like a school photo from high school, but not a senior picture, more like a freshman or sophomore picture, or even an 8th grade picture. His first name is Michael. He went missing in 1992 at the age of 23.
Link: https://statepatrol.nebraska.gov/MissingPersons/

Hi rainwater - I wasnt able to get that link to work to do a search - is this the same person:
https://nebraskamissing.wordpress.com/tag/nebraska/

I dont think it is our UID :(

If I am reading this correctly - Michael Ashby was 23 years old in 1992 - the UID was found in 2011 - which would have made Michael Ashby 42 years old if it was our UID.
The description also mentions a couple of tattoos on Michael Ashby's arms...

Remarks: MICHAEL was last seen wearing white tennis shoes, blue jeans and a black t-shirt.
He has a UNICORN TATTOO on his left arm and a TATTOO of a SKULL with a DAGGAR on his right arm.
MICHAEL also has a SCAR on his forehead and DISCOLORATIONS on his forehead and back.
MICHAEL was last seen at his residence on North 16th Street in Omaha, NE on 8/1/92. At that time, he was leaving to go on a date with an unknown female. MICHAEL was reported missing 1/5/93.
He may be in the CHICAGO, IL area.

Yes, Michael Ashby. I was "age progressing" Michael in my mind and Michael's hair looked wavy in his pic. My husband also thought there was a resemblance. I was actually looking for matches for a totally different UID when I saw Michael's picture and thought of "Michel".

Thank you for posting a working link to Michael Ashby.

I received a reply from the coroners office. They stated that they have no 2011 unidentifieds matching the details of this guy. Still waiting on a response from the police.

Edited to add - There is an unclaimed body listed on the coroner's website, named Michel Lauzon. He would have been 37 in 2011 but I have no idea if he is recently deceased or has been listed for awhile.

I received a reply from the coroners office. They stated that they have no 2011 unidentifieds matching the details of this guy. Still waiting on a response from the police.

Edited to add - There is an unclaimed body listed on the coroner's website, named Michel Lauzon. He would have been 37 in 2011 but I have no idea if he is recently deceased or has been listed for awhile.

If it turns out that he is still a UID, please let me know and I will add him to the page.

Yes, Michael Ashby. I was "age progressing" Michael in my mind and Michael's hair looked wavy in his pic. My husband also thought there was a resemblance. I was actually looking for matches for a totally different UID when I saw Michael's picture and thought of "Michel".

Thank you for posting a working link to Michael Ashby.

Hi rainwater
Michael Ashby has a thread here at WS -
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?112622-NE-Michael-Eugene-Ashby-23-Omaha-24-Aug-1992

and... after you posted about Michael Ashby I remember seeing a UID on Namus - so I went sleuthing and found the UID.
I emailed Michael Ashby's & UID's details to his case manager - and they are now letting the police do the follow up for the comparison - so thank-you very much for highlighting him.
Hopefully something positive comes about for both our Red haired Michel, and for Michael Ashby.

That is quite a coincidence - to have the name Michel - and spelt that way.
ETA: I just did a search on Michel Lauzon and there are many Michel's (name spelt that way. Sorry didnt realize the common spelling of the name :blushing:

I will be waiting with much curiosity to see what the results are from the Coroner and the Police when they get back to you.
Thank-you for making in-roads on the case :seeya:

Just spoke to the coroner on the phone - lovely guy btw, and they do have an unidentified that may be this guy. He was not in possession of any of the pictures of the jewelry or the surveillance pic but he does have an unidentified man with red hair, roughly the right height and weight who was found in the river. The possessions of this unidentified man include a pair of cargo pants, a leather look belt, a "chain" and a ring. He has given me a number to call to speak to the police but I might do that tomorrow as I'm still mortified at how many times I needed to ask him to repeat himself because of the accent. :(

Just spoke to the coroner on the phone - lovely guy btw, and they do have an unidentified that may be this guy. He was not in possession of any of the pictures of the jewelry or the surveillance pic but he does have an unidentified man with red hair, roughly the right height and weight who was found in the river. The possessions of this unidentified man include a pair of cargo pants, a leather look belt, a "chain" and a ring. He has given me a number to call to speak to the police but I might do that tomorrow as I'm still mortified at how many times I needed to ask him to repeat himself because of the accent. :(

LOL! Accents!

Just a mention about the height and weight - were his details about the height and weight much different? (if they were the UID's) Did you happen to make note of the discrepancies?
I will have to go back to the beginning of the thread to see if there is a picture of the belt and the cargo pants (I cant remember if I have seen them or not :facepalm: - memory fading)
Thanks so much for the update!

Maybe we can help ....

Montreal police seek help to identify body

He had no identity papers - and a bracelet engraved with Michel, which may or may not be his name.

Montreal police are asking for help to identify a man found dead in early July.

The mystery man, in his 20s, was 5 foot 9 inches, 75 kilograms and had brown eyes and shoulder-length bright orange hair.

He was wearing a baseball jersey - white with red sleeves - brown cargo pants, beige socks and brown sport shoes when he was found. In addition to the bracelet, he wore a Lord of the Rings-type band on one finger and a green elastic around his left bicep.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/Mont...dentify+body/5486808/story.html#ixzz1ZZpFol00

Good stuff everyone!!
Bumping with this Rbbm. post detailing uid's items.

Sharing this case on Never Forget Me today. I was just waiting on confirmation that he is still UID. My son was born with that same color hair, and his eyebrows match it. He also has brown eyes. I find that combination is way more common that the statistics state.

Sharing this case on Never Forget Me today. I was just waiting on confirmation that he is still UID. My son was born with that same color hair, and his eyebrows match it. He also has brown eyes. I find that combination is way more common that the statistics state.

You certainly see it a lot in New England. Brown or hazel eyes with red hair.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back