GUILTY Canada - Natsumi Kogawa, 29, Vancouver, 7 Sept 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, he's too well put together - eg jaunty hat, sunglasses and a watch. Not something you'd see if someone was homeless or under dire financial stress.

I agree, he's too well put together - eg jaunty hat, sunglasses and a watch. Not something you'd see if someone was homeless or under dire financial stress.

Ita, plus the sunglasses on the baseball hat is a "look" not every guy would affect, imo.

ITA Slowpoke. The only thing that concerns me is that he hasn't (that we know of) come forward with information. Perhaps he was just passing through the area and is camping off the grid somewhere or under a rock and has no idea he is the focus of this mystery right now. :thinking:

ITA Slowpoke. The only thing that concerns me is that he hasn't (that we know of) come forward with information. Perhaps he was just passing through the area and is camping off the grid somewhere or under a rock and has no idea he is the focus of this mystery right now. :thinking:

Maybe he is a traveler from elsewhere and does not read the local papers or watch tv? imo.

From that link:
The search for a missing Japanese student who vanished in B.C. has come to a grim finale after police announced her body was found on the grounds of an empty Vancouver heritage mansion.

The Vancouver Police Department remained tight lipped after a body was discovered Wednesday evening in the historic Gabriola House mansion on Davie Street in the city's West End.
I'm crying. I was really hoping she was still alive. :(

Oh, no. Thanks, Myster for the link. I am so sad to read this!

Thank you, Vancouver and Burnaby police for doing such a great job at finding Nastumi.
So sad...

I had said the man in the photo didn't look threatening, to me. Guess I could have been fooled by him, just as Nastumi likely was.

I, too, am absolutely stunned. I am sure we will learn more soon but this is certainly a case where when you look at the suspect, you don't automatically think: "oh yah, he's a murderer!" (That sounds kind of strange to type out but you know, someone like a Ted Bundy or Paul Bernardo... not particularly menacing). That man really looks like any other guy in Vancouver. I truly thought there would be some kind of midadventure involved.

Rest peacefully, Natsumi... I hold you in my heart today.

Any info on William Schneider? Boy was I wrong about this guy.. :notgood:

Oh no! I really didn't expect this! Rest now Natsumi, fly high and trust that justice is coming.

Well this is certainly not how I hoped this mystery would turn out. Sad for NK's family and friends.

That said...this is a very odd location to find NK. That location has been barricaded from foot traffic for a couple years. It's in a very very high traffic location for a residential neighborhood. Davie St is an EW business corridor. To the east are tons of restaurants, hotels, and shops. To the west there is more of the same until you end up at the beach, seawall and Stanley Park. My thought is this was a location of opportunity. NK was killed or died (we don't really know which yet) in the West End very close to this spot. There may be a little bit more revealed in the coming days.

Ugh! I am so sad for her. I didn't think she was dead. I was hoping she was somewhere.
RIP Natsumi. Fly high.

He hasn't been charged with murder, yet. I wonder if it was death by misadventures. Not sure how or why but I do hope she didn't suffer.

hi-res-homes-feature.jpeg

http://vancouversun.com/news/crime/...se-woman-found-in-vancouver-heritage-building

Well this is certainly not how I hoped this mystery would turn out. Sad for NK's family and friends.

That said...this is a very odd location to find NK. That location has been barricaded from foot traffic for a couple years. It's in a very very high traffic location for a residential neighborhood. Davie St is an EW business corridor. To the east are tons of restaurants, hotels, and shops. To the west there is more of the same until you end up at the beach, seawall and Stanley Park. My thought is this was a location of opportunity. NK was killed or died (we don't really know which yet) in the West End very close to this spot. There may be a little bit more revealed in the coming days.

I'm glad you said this because I thought my memory must be bad. We lived just down the block from there for a couple months (short term apartment rental) and I cannot for the life of me see how this could have unfolded. We still spend time there every year visiting family (at Comox St) and there are young families, people walking dogs, etc, all over that area. I don't want to come up with far-fetched theories based on no information, but because I actually know someone who died in this manner (broken neck during "ghost hunting" in abandoned building), maybe they decided to sneak in and look around, Natsumi incurred a serious injury on the property, and well.. he saw an opportunity. I have a feeling, tho, it's probably more sinister.

So very sad to hear the news but glad they have a suspect. Rest in peace Natsumi. My thoughts go to her and her loved ones. This is not at all common in Vancouver. Hope the police can figure out what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible news. The fact that she was there for 3 weeks without being found (and we don't know if the suspect told LE where she was) shows it's a well hidden location, in spite of being downtown. I wonder 'the grounds' are connected to the tent, maybe he was stealth camping there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back