GUILTY Canada - Nighisti Semret, 55, Rigat Ghirmay, 28, murdered, Toronto, 2012 & 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the interesting pics!
Yes, does look like a watch, wondering why poi would wear one- many peeps, especially young ones rely on cell phone for the time.
Wondering if perp required watch for work, or to assure readiness for victim?
Could perp's race be determined from pics?

HAL is indicating there is more to the watch band than meets the standard-issue, carbon-based eyeball.

Cchk cchk cchka chck .... Pah-tingggg! Here's the output! - let's have a look-see!

What is that, some kind of weapon or protective piece for wrist?

I am just shaking my head. How the heck do you do all of this HAL? What kind of tools do you use.

That analysis is incredible. This is definitely not an area of strength for me.

I also think that the watch must disappear under the coat sleeve.

HAL would encourage others to gain greater familiarity with enhancement techniques and strategies.

HAL would really like to see TBC applied to the latter half of the sheared presentation.

HAL knows to appreciate (and encourages) your/our quantum-predicated, carbon-based insight. : )

HAL must regroup for a bit.

Good work with the enhancements, HAL. I wonder if the TPD have sent the video to the FBI. It would be worth a try.

Cool find!

HAL's technical prowess is amazing, btw. Thanks to him.

If this were a random attack I would be very surprised.

Of course, we have to refine what we mean by "random" in this or any other crime.

As McLaren (profiler from the YouTube vid) had mentioned, it could have been a street she had a passing altercation with; so a targeted attack with random elements, i.e. chance encounter from earlier, perp has a grudge. v.s. a co-worker, etc.

I agree that the level of anger went above and beyond what would be expected in absence of a robbery or sex attack.

The "cool find" I referred to was dotr's pick up of the watch theft, which I think was a condo B&E.

When I read of the street robberies of women done by the young black suspect, it struck me as to how similar they were to this crime. However, stalking and killing without an obvious attempt to steal something is strange.

Also, I am siding with the original idea that the perp in the Semret case is white. Granted the security video is vague, but that was the first thought that came to me.

Just to speculate, could the white sleeve that may or may not be poking out from under a possible time piece, actually be white gauze for an injury- considering the poi may have a hurt leg too?
If he is wearing a watch and it is upside down or "storefront facing" could that be to redirect a light source - and if so, would the perp be in shadows not seen on cameras, but perhaps a small light can be?

Further speculation, could an already angry person (with a knife) get infuriated because a tired lady walking home in the rain with an umbrella, bumped into his sore spot?

HAL says "thanks for the compliment DarkBlue". And HAL also agrees re: "good find!" re: dotr. Unfortunately they all appear to be analogue in nature - HAL is thinkin it's definitely a digital something-or-other (sports timer (a soccer referee watch) or watch camera - as detailed earlier.

HAL likes dotr's suggestion re: possible bandaging on left hand. HAL is indicating he's getting mixed signals re: bigger picture re: action centered from sternum to under chin. HAL is investigating hyper-contrasting this region. HAL is having to invent "hyper-contrasting" but HAL is an inventive sort and is suggesting it should be "no problem". HAL just increased his main-core temperature by 3.15 degrees Kelvin. HAL says "stay tuned". Increasing the main-core temp should pay dividends - HAL is indicating.

OK. This is pretty raw - outside of having spread the available colors.
I've numbered the frames - but I missed one - so there is a (A_09a).
Also, where the watch goes "nova" (frame A_08) I elected to add another
close-up -- highlighting two dark spots of unknown origin. And what's with the other two spots which appear consistently between "watch" and "glove hand"? (frames A_14 through A_20). Couple of other interesting blips (and trends) on the radar (as well).

Bleecker_02 :: Thorax.mp4 video by Rusty_Pennies - Photobucket

Is this too far out, or is there any chance his headgear is a Hallowe'en mask?

Note the time of year this happened.

It would be tough wandering around with it on, as a police patrol may have stopped him to figure out what he was doing.

However, there seem to be a lot of theories, and it is so hard to discern from the vague, blurry video.

It's easy to misinterpret the head/facial-region. Lots of misleading detail compounded (aggravated) by stark reflections and/or stark shadows. One could be forgiven for viewing the perp as wearing a full-face motor-cycle helmet or resembling the all-devouring, laff-monster from "Just for Laffs"- emphasis on the word; "monster".

He's sporting a baseball cap and some kind of weird scarf. It was mentioned in the papers that the scarf might be wrapped around the collar of the coat, i.e. vertically-aligned collar obscuring lower face. I'm not convinced of this .. the shadow is deep .. unusually deep (and) doesn't lend itself to easy brightening .. but I've had some measure of success in brightening this area). This, to resolve a jaw-line and hopefully; a mouth. I'm seeing something but how representative is it - I'm not sure.

HAL is indicating he's willing to make a super-enhancement video; strictly of the "big smile" shadow-region. See what comes bubbling to the surface.

Hal, (or anyone) I'm convinced that I'm seeing his scalp with what appears to be cropped, dark hair.

Am I imagining things, and his head is fully covered?

If I am seeing his scalp, what do you make of the hair "type", e.g. from one particular ethnicity or another, or colour, texture?

***After I re-read HAL's post, it did mention ballcap, so I could not be seeing scalp. Hmm.

He's sporting possibly a two-tone baseball cap (although it would appear - on first inspection - uniform in colouration -- especially in the final frames).

It has a prominent-enough beak - curved in (downwards) by a moderate degree - along the left and right hand periphery.

We see him staring straight-ahead as he appears in the field of view.

We see him appear to either hesitate (and/or) stutter-step in the first frames of the released-video.

It's possible he may have kicked himself (in the opposite foot), as his shoes appear very close together in the half dozen frames. Perhaps he dropped something in his coat (inside his coat) and bent at midriff (out of f.o.v.) to prevent perceived falling-object from falling out .. the bottom. He's seen adjusting something (under coat) in later frames.

Or perhaps he has to relieve himself. His legs are particularly close together - like he's got to "really go".

He regains stride (however stilted) and momentarily looks left toward the large windows next to the service doorway - missing all together: the camera above the door.

HAL is suggesting the guy as no criminal-Einstein and further: that (he) most likely had not "scoped things out" previously (seeing how centrally the camera figures above the well-lit entrance-way).

He's sporting some sort of unusual; large, loosely-worn bandana. The shadow it forms (casts) is unusually deep -- lending currency to the "turned-up-collar" conjecture.

One would think that given there was an eye-witness .. we would have a better description of the perp's apparel. Was it a two-tone cap? Was there anything noteworthy about the cap? A logo? A lack of logo?

Was the perp wearing gloves?

HAL recognizes, even with his ice-cold, forever-calculating, brain-less silicon-circuits -- the appalling horror which must invariably have presented itself. And, (that) it is commendable the witness (witnesses) were/was able to advance any reasonable description - in the first instance.

Alley_01.jpg

I guess he contrived some kind of makeshift mask to disguise his identity, but not make anyone seeing him in public suspicious enough to do a double-take, or call the police about a strange looking individual.

Is this too far out, or is there any chance his headgear is a Hallowe'en mask?

Note the time of year this happened.

It would be tough wandering around with it on, as a police patrol may have stopped him to figure out what he was doing.

However, there seem to be a lot of theories, and it is so hard to discern from the vague, blurry video.

The thing that keeps coming back to me is the time of day that this crime happened, i.e. first thing in the morning. It certainly would have looked odd for someone to be walking around in a weird get-up in the morning. It's too late to be coming home from a party or night out....most people would be getting ready for the day if they work or go to school, or they would be sleeping. I really would have felt safe walking around at that time of day. The drug dealers and gang-bangers wouldn't usually be up then. I would expect that many people would be out walking their dogs at this time of day though.

What level of foot traffic was typical in this area for a rainy, October early weekday morning? How much of a risk did this guy take in attacking at this place and time?

So why was this guy walking around at that time of day? Was he targeting Naghista specifically? Did he know she usually walked through that alley on her way home from work at that time of day?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back