GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I'm new to all this and call me stupid I never pay attention to many cases. Only one that has has come close to me. What is a publication ban? What would it intale?

It basically means that media can't divulge/report on information and details that happen in the case.

Personally I am dismissing the cab ride as unlikely at this point.
I see no valid reason that LE would with hold that information as it has no real evidence value other then Last Known Sighting of NP and as you say the cab driver knew nothing of anything but that he'd apparently had her in his cab so he would be of little value to the case other then Last Known Sighting, and have very little to do with the actual crime or accused in the case.
Thats my opinion only.

Hey guys I'm new to all this and call me stupid I never pay attention to many cases. Only one that has has come close to me. What is a publication ban? What would it intale?

here is the explanation : as per supreme court website info :publication Bans

While the media, in general terms, has a constitutional right to publish information about appeals, there are limitations on this right. The Court may (and frequently must) impose a publication ban, for example to protect the privacy of victims and witnesses or as required by legislation, for example to ensure the names of young offenders are not disclosed.

In order to check whether there is a publication ban in effect in a particular case, visit the SCC Case Information page and enter the case name or docket number. If there is a publication ban in place, this will be indicated on the "Docket" page.

There are serious consequences for breaching a publication ban. When reporting decisions of the Court, members of the media bear the responsibility of ensuring that the terms of any publication ban are respected. On occasion, it may be prudent to obtain legal advice on whether publication is permitted.

here is the link
http://www.scc-csc.gc.ca/media/decisions/index-eng.asp

its possible that after the cab driver saw the news he thought the girl was her but it just resembled her it is dark at that time of night.

No. THe EMDC in London, ON is typically where the more "serious" offenders are house while awaiting trial in this area. They will be transported to Sarnia for court dates as long as the venue remains here and may spend some time locally before or after court....but the majority of their time will be spent in the EMDC.

Just a thought, if people are concerned where they are staying. I've called jails before looking for a missing friend ad they can tell you. Although I don't know if that would be the case being all of Canada and some of the US knows about these two and it could maybe be a risk? Jmo

Like I posted earlier...was it confirmed by LE that she was in the cab...or did he just provide a tip he thought was her?

about the possible injury to MM - it could explain the splints and why they were splinted without him having been to a hospital, TB is an rpn and would therefore know how to splint broken hands/fingers....correct? JMO

Folks, there is not much more to say...definitely nothing more to speculate upon until the Police or media release additional information.

My heart goes out to her family. THEY know the truth and deserve our compassion.

Like I posted earlier...was it confirmed by LE that she was in the cab...or did he just provide a tip he thought was her?

no confirmation by LE in any updates, no mention of it all in msm

about the possible injury to MM - it could explain the splints and why they were splinted without him having been to a hospital, TB is an rpn and would therefore know how to splint broken hands/fingers....correct? JMO

If the extent of her RPN experience was working in an old folks home, not likely. Even in training to become an RN there's no training on splinting fingers or hands.

I'm pretty sure he would have been taken to hospital for that before they went to court

Sorry, that was a question to Reddog...Did LE contact him after is what I was getting at...for more information...or was it just a tip that didn't pan out.

well, time for some shut eye...everyone please remember respect each other and be thankful for those we have in our lives both here and watching over us...thoughts and prayers for all who have be touched by this horrible crime

imo

Just to clarify, they are to appear in court on Thursday Jan. 10th, not tomorrow. It was on our local news tonight.

JMO I think TB is going to go against MM so she can get a deal. I saw someone mention on here that TB was working at a bar that night on Christina St. Can anyone verify this? Or is it just hearsay at this point? I know she worked at a nursing home, but did not know she also worked in a bar. Also AC who is the girl that claimed to have a gut feeling on where NP was, can anyone verify that she was working at a tattoo shop four doors down from where NP left the party. I saw someone mention on here awhile back that AC was at the shop until 2am. If that is true, it seems really fishy to me that she found the location of the body on just a premonition or feeling.

while she may have been working that evening, theres no way she'd be still be working at 2am.. on NYE... in sarnia. normal shop hours around here are only until 8-9pm, maybe a few that are open till 10pm. so unless they had a gathering after the shop closed, theres no way she'd be there till 2am.

Originally Posted by reddog
Hello all, just some information, rumour at best, you understand, from a local that I have, and feel compelled, to share.
Though you all seem like lovely, compassionate and considerate folk, I doubt I'll be posting beyond this but I will answer questions that arise from this posting if I have the information.
The following information was given to LE on January 2nd, 2013:
The stories about NP being unable to get a taxi cab while not outright false are a little confused: She could not BOOK a cab in a time frame that pleased her but she did ultimately manage to flag a United cab in the downtown. I know this because a good friend of my husband picked her up.
NP was picked up in the south end on Christina St. South near the library between 2 am-2:30 am and ran up a 30 some odd dollar fare with the trip ending on Springbank Dr. in the city's Southeast end. This would regularly be about a 20 dollar fare but NP had the driver pass by some bars (Dempsey's at the 5 corners on Ontario was mentioned) and private residences looking for someone or something, angrily texting on her phone the entire time, ultimately ending up at the address on Springbank. This puts her much closer to where her body was found.
Not sure why police haven't updated this information but I have my suspicions.
My prayers and thoughts are with the family.

ABOVE is the post that JoHypen copied, a reported previous post by reddog, about NP having been picked up in a cab - it's response # 169 in this thread.

OOPS, I went back to the 1st Thread here for NP and response #1306 by Reddog is above, and below:

Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM

NP did get a cab that night
Hello all, just some information, rumour at best, you understand, from a local that I have, and feel compelled, to share.
Though you all seem like lovely, compassionate and considerate folk, I doubt I'll be posting beyond this but I will answer questions that arise from this posting if I have the information.
The following information was given to LE on January 2nd, 2013:
The stories about NP being unable to get a taxi cab while not outright false are a little confused: She could not BOOK a cab in a time frame that pleased her but she did ultimately manage to flag a United cab in the downtown. I know this because a good friend of my husband picked her up.
NP was picked up in the south end on Christina St. South near the library between 2 am-2:30 am and ran up a 30 some odd dollar fare with the trip ending on Springbank Dr. in the city's Southeast end. This would regularly be about a 20 dollar fare but NP had the driver pass by some bars (Dempsey's at the 5 corners on Ontario was mentioned) and private residences looking for someone or something, angrily texting on her phone the entire time, ultimately ending up at the address on Springbank. This puts her closer to where her body was found but I can't say for sure that she didn't make her way back downtown and back to the party.
Not sure why police haven't updated this information but I have my suspicions.
My prayers and thoughts are with the family.
Last edited by reddog; 01-05-2013 at 08:11 PM.

I can see there are lots of new members joining WS from the Sarnia Lambton area. There are going to be plenty more to come. I suggest all the new subscribers do what I did, and that is, go back to the beginning of the first thread and bring yourselves up to speed. I started following this discussion last Sat (5th) and have spent the last few days reading everything and familiarizing myself with the website and the case. As well, please go back and read the terms and conditions and rules of the forum. I can clearly see they are not being followed. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from taking part in the discusions, but it is way to easy to open an account and jump in and start asking redundant questions or becoming emotional and attacking the discusion itself. All of this is MOO. This being said, it has been interesting following the discusion! I'm not too sure how much I will be posting but I will be reading.

EVERYONE lets not argue over what we know! Unless we have links to back up our facts it's hearsay!! I appreciate everyone who is feeding us information but please I have spent days on this site reading every last comment if it gets shut down bc we can't get along I'm going to be very up set. I don't watch the news much and only read my local paper so any links provided by other people of papers in their area is a god send to me! We need to slew in peace please

I watched a video and..it brought tears today..very fitting....Train ---Calling All angels...so sad taken at a young age

Just bringing it over to make sure everyone sees. Night. RIP noelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member