GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/08/23/judicial-pre-trial-today/

A Judicial Pre-Trial is taking place today for the man and woman charged in the shocking New Year’s murder of Noelle Paquette.

A judicial pre-trial is a closed door discussion involving a judge, crown and defense counsel that addresses how the matter will proceed.

The pre-trial for 19 year old Michael MacGregor and 31 year old Tanya Bogdanovich was scheduled to get underway at 11 at the London Courthouse.

The pair is charged with first degree murder in the 27 year old school teachers death after she went missing on New Year’s Eve.

MacGregor and Bogdanovich have another scheduled video court appearance in Sarnia September 12th.

A publication ban is imposed on the proceedings.

Thank you for the update canadagurl!

has this happened today yet? not sure of the time difference in canada

Anyone? I Googled but couldn't see anything from recently and I'm not sure you can view court minutes as you would for anything in America??

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/09/12/murder-suspects-appear-in-court

The man and woman charged with the murder of 27-year-old Noelle Paquette remained in custody following a brief appearance Thursday in Sarnia court via video.

Sarnia residents Tanya Bogdanovich, 32, and Michael MacGregor, 19, charged with first-degree murder, will make their next video court appearance Oct. 29 to allow for a continuing pre-trial.

Each face a charge of first degree murder

Paquette's body was found Jan. 2 in a Mandaumin Road woodlot. She had been reported missing following a New Year's Eve party.

Anyone? I Googled but couldn't see anything from recently and I'm not sure you can view court minutes as you would for anything in America??

No, you cannot watch court proceedings in Canada as you can in the U.S. In addition to that there is a publication ban on court proceedings in this particular case so Canadian media cannot report on what happens in court until it is lifted. You will hear very little beyond "they appeared in court via video today" until the last of the suspects tried has their trial. (or unless the publication ban is successfully challenged and lifted as a result. In some cases there may be aspects of the case (typically particularly sensitive evidence presented in court) that are never made public to protect the victim's family from emotional duress. This was the case in the Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka case, where there were video tapes of the crimes.

Regarding time zones in Canada, this case is in Ontario, which is on Eastern Standard Time, the same as the Eastern seaboard of the U.S., e.g. New York.

No, you cannot watch court proceedings in Canada as you can in the U.S. In addition to that there is a publication ban on court proceedings in this particular case so Canadian media cannot report on what happens in court until it is lifted. You will hear very little beyond "they appeared in court via video today" until the last of the suspects tried has their trial. (or unless the publication ban is successfully challenged and lifted as a result. In some cases there may be aspects of the case (typically particularly sensitive evidence presented in court) that are never made public to protect the victim's family from emotional duress. This was the case in the Paul Bernardo and Karla Homolka case, where there were video tapes of the crimes.

Regarding time zones in Canada, this case is in Ontario, which is on Eastern Standard Time, the same as the Eastern seaboard of the U.S., e.g. New York.

I know of the publication ban,and not being able to watch trial,what I meant was....you can search the court records and view motions etc. I'm assuming you can't do that in Canada?

There is a 5K and 10K run and walk in Noelle's honour Oct. 5th as well. It is a night run. Good things are happening because of Noelle. It is remarkable how her family and friends have honoured her and kept her name in the media.

Noelle's run was yesterday! Did anyone go? Any news on how things went?

I was unable to attend. Since it was held Saturday the Sarnia Observer may run something in Tuesdays paper.

I checked all the papers and nothing other than info on the upcoming run. No results of. I will keep checking the page set up in her memory. I'm sure they will have something soon. ETA ^ meant Mondays paper :facepalm:

I was there. It was a sold out event (capped at 500 people) and a huge success.

A very well ran run with lots of support from the community and the running community.

Lots of runners were seen wearing sunflowers. The volunteers wore yellow and the runners wore a very pretty shade of blue.

Support for Noelle is still going strong in our community. Her family continues to be a class act.

An after party was graciously held by Norms - a local pub n grub in Sarnia - again... sold out.

I was there. It was a sold out event (capped at 500 people) and a huge success.

A very well ran run with lots of support from the community and the running community.

Lots of runners were seen wearing sunflowers. The volunteers wore yellow and the runners wore a very pretty shade of blue.

Support for Noelle is still going strong in our community. Her family continues to be a class act.

An after party was graciously held by Norms - a local pub n grub in Sarnia - again... sold out.

Thanks for the update. So awesome to read. You are a wonderful community.

I do try to check updates for this Trial. Last Trial I attended was Victoria Stafford's. Tweets were allowed from the Courtroom. As long as all party's were present. If there was something argued from the presence of the Jury no tweets were allowed. Press respected. It seems Canada is relaxing somewhat. Yet I don't agree with the publication bans. My Daughter and Her husband were running the night Noelle was murdered with another couple. They run marathons in their spare time. Not only was I freaked out but they were as well to think they were running one road over. At the time the crime happened. Said maybe if we had been on that road maybe we could have stopped it.

Thanks for the update. So awesome to read. You are a wonderful community.

http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/10/11/noelles-gift-grows/

The first “Light Up the Night for Noelle” was a huge success.

$25,841 was raised during the first annual night time run, held last weekend at Canatara Park in Sarnia.

The money will go to “Noelles Gift” a charity established in memory of slain 27 year old Sarnia school teacher Noelle Paquette. Funds benefit area students in need.

http://blackburnnews.com/sarnia/sarnia-news/2013/10/11/noelles-gift-grows/

The first “Light Up the Night for Noelle” was a huge success.

$25,841 was raised during the first annual night time run, held last weekend at Canatara Park in Sarnia.

The money will go to “Noelles Gift” a charity established in memory of slain 27 year old Sarnia school teacher Noelle Paquette. Funds benefit area students in need.

Teachers at our school have started using the Noelle's Gift funds this month. A student has received a new pair of glasses, purchased with those funds and other received running shoes and winter boots (his feet were literally sticking out the end of his shoes). I cannot express how wonderful Noelle's Gift will be for the lower income kids in our local schools. It is wonderful that her family has honored her in this way. Her legacy will be long lasting in our community.

Teachers at our school have started using the Noelle's Gift funds this month. A student has received a new pair of glasses, purchased with those funds and other received running shoes and winter boots (his feet were literally sticking out the end of his shoes). I cannot express how wonderful Noelle's Gift will be for the lower income kids in our local schools. It is wonderful that her family has honored her in this way. Her legacy will be long lasting in our community.

I didn't know Noelle personally but from pictures, and the stories told about her, you know she was a beautiful person, inside and out.

Their next appearances will be December 10, 2013 to set a pre-trial continuation.

Thanks so much for the update :seeya:

Their next appearances will be December 10, 2013 to set a pre-trial continuation.

So the next court appearance will be December 10, 2013...

Thank you for updating us, Swanna! :seeya:

Seems like this has been dragging on forever.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to wonder if it will even be in 2014. Especially with 2 charged. I have been in Sarnia twice this past month. Avoiding the crime scene road. It must be so very hard for the Family and locals.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pixilove
Back