GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I cant find anything on the Dec. 10th appearance????

Okay... I am trying to find MSM reporting the next court date...

The article below, dated September 12, 2013, reports the next court date (already passed, of course) will be October 29, 2013.

But I could not find an article from October 29th, reporting the outcome of the hearing on that day (October 29th)... and then announcing the next court date...

But... this news organization (The Observer) seems to be following the case pretty regularly...

:dunno:
http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/09/12/murder-suspects-appear-in-court

Murder suspects appear in court
Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:17:39 EDT AM

"Sarnia residents Tanya Bogdanovich, 32, and Michael MacGregor, 19, charged with first-degree murder, will make their next video court appearance Oct. 29 to allow for a continuing pre-trial."
So... I guess what I am asking is... if there is an article from the October 29th court hearing... announcing the next court hearing.. like maybe December 10th... or maybe another date?

TIA... :seeya:

I'm beginning to wonder if it will even be in 2014. Especially with 2 charged. I have been in Sarnia twice this past month. Avoiding the crime scene road. It must be so very hard for the Family and locals.

I would say it is highly unlikely it will be in 2014. I would be on early/mid 2015. Big trials, IME usually are 2+ years from the offense date around here.

Indeed. The wheels of Justice move at a snail's pace in Canada. :/

LOL I was being hopeful for 2014. Yes the Sarnia Observer has been reporting diligently. Not sure why we cant even get Court dates.

Today is December 10th!

Wonder if the court hearing is still going to occur...

Hoping for movement on poor Noelle's case...

However small those steps may be...

:please:

I contacted Neil Bowen who covers Sarnia Court cases. Asked if he could keep us updated. He emailed back it was a pretrial hearing. I said I would be checking for updates.

Thanks for researching, Bravo! :tyou:

Sooooo... From the link above... (Paraphrased)

Michael MacGregor and Tanya Bogdanovich, charged with 1st Degree Murder of Nollelle Paquette, have been remanded in custody to February 11, 2014, to set a Preliminary Hearing Date.

JMO

Your very welcome :seeya: With Canadian Publication bans we wont learn much. As you likely already may know.

Your very welcome :seeya: With Canadian Publication bans we wont learn much. As you likely already may know.

As a person... I actually feel this may be a preferred way to conduct trials... Since it limits the speculation and infringement on privacy of the persons involved with the trial...

but.... As a Sleuther... (Who is nosey...:giggle:).... Well... That is a whole 'nother story!

:D

JMO

As a person... I actually feel this may be a preferred way to conduct trials... Since it limits the speculation and infringement on privacy of the persons involved with the trial...

but.... As a Sleuther... (Who is nosey...:giggle:).... Well... That is a whole 'nother story!

:D

JMO

LOL I hear ya. Now it was strange during the Stafford Trial. Many of the press were there. They were allowed to tweet etc. If there was an argument when the Jury was not present communication of such ceased. The press was very respectful. Yet when I or others were in the Courtroom we were privy to the argument too. Strange but just the way we roll up here LOL. I didn't post much as I was afraid I might make a mistake (on another board then).

LOL I hear ya. Now it was strange during the Stafford Trial. Many of the press were there. They were allowed to tweet etc. If there was an argument when the Jury was not present communication of such ceased. The press was very respectful. Yet when I or others were in the Courtroom we were privy to the argument too. Strange but just the way we roll up here LOL. I didn't post much as I was afraid I might make a mistake (on another board then).

So... Reporters in Canada may tweet from the court room... But are limited...

I live in the U.S.... So we roll a little differently... The drama is quite the norm in major cases...

:bigfight:

It must have been exciting... Though sad... For you to sit in the Stafford trial!

:judge:

So... Reporters in Canada may tweet from the court room... But are limited...

I live in the U.S.... So we roll a little differently... The drama is quite the norm in major cases...

:bigfight:

It must have been exciting... Though sad... For you to sit in the Stafford trial!

:judge:

It was interesting as I attended mainly forensics and stayed away from the graphic days. Had a chance to speak with Rodney Stafford and his Mom Doreen. I didn't talk with Tori's Mom despite sitting behind her and her Boyfriend. I did manage a sympathetic look her way. She just didn't seem approachable in her pain. As of late Canada seems to have it's share of horrific murders. I seem much more privy to the American system. Not sure if this case will be at the discretion of the Judge as far as what is in the news at Trial. I guess I will learn more of my own system. Sadly.

Lordy I just realized I posted upthread that I couldn't find anything on the Dec. 10th hearing on December 8th :floorlaugh::facepalm: I guess I was days ahead of myself. I hope Mr. Bowen doesn't think I'm some nutbar :floorlaugh: I emailed him on the 8th :blushing:

Lordy I just realized I posted upthread that I couldn't find anything on the Dec. 10th hearing on December 8th :floorlaugh::facepalm: I guess I was days ahead of myself. I hope Mr. Bowen doesn't think I'm some nutbar :floorlaugh: I emailed him on the 8th :blushing:

I think Mr. Bowen will just think you are an efficient and dedicated Sleuther! :great:

:websleuther:

:)

I think Mr. Bowen will just think you are an efficient and dedicated Sleuther! :great:

:websleuther:

:)

LOL Thank You. I did receive another email just a bit ago. I did email back and apologized for messing up my dates LOL. I hope he will continue to email as things progress. Considering it will be some time before we actually get to Trial.
ETA email was to inform of the Feb. date

I do wish Canadian Trails were televised even just once. I would luv for those not Canadian to see the pomp and circumstance as I call it. I luv it. Still the British influence in the Courtroom. Minus the wigs. I luv the little half bow everyone must do while standing for the Judge. I luv the grey pin stripe pant, black robe and white collars etc. Funny part was as soon as the Jurors left the Courtroom all the Lawyers ripped off those collars and robes as fast as they could LOL. Just a little insight to Canadian Trials.

It was interesting as I attended mainly forensics and stayed away from the graphic days. Had a chance to speak with Rodney Stafford and his Mom Doreen. I didn't talk with Tori's Mom despite sitting behind her and her Boyfriend. I did manage a sympathetic look her way. She just didn't seem approachable in her pain. As of late Canada seems to have it's share of horrific murders. I seem much more privy to the American system. Not sure if this case will be at the discretion of the Judge as far as what is in the news at Trial. I guess I will learn more of my own system. Sadly.

I realize that this is off topic for Noelle, but I have to applaud Bravo for attending Tori Stafford's trial. I was unable to attend due to work commitments, however I literally ran over to the courthouse as the verdict was being read. It was an incredible response; an incredible feeling. It was almost as if a release valve let go. People in the street 'involuntarily' cheered. It was an unbelievably emotional moment.

Having said that, for some strange reason, in Noelle's case, even though one of the accused perpetrators is from London, and both of the accused perpetrators were found/arrested in London, I don't have the sense that most Londoners are even aware of Noelle's murder. Since Noelle was murdered 'over the holidays', and since the Canadian justice system naturally errs to the side of confidentiality, most people in southwestern Ontario "missed" the news that highlighted the tragedy of Noelle's horrific murder.

In the end it is surprising and disappointing, since there are so few murders, let alone "stranger murders", in this area.

I have forgotten now, but will the trial be held in Sarnia or London?

I realize that this is off topic for Noelle, but I have to applaud Bravo for attending Tori Stafford's trial. I was unable to attend due to work commitments, however I literally ran over to the courthouse as the verdict was being read. It was an incredible response; an incredible feeling. It was almost as if a release valve let go. People in the street 'involuntarily' cheered. It was an unbelievably emotional moment.

Having said that, for some strange reason, in Noelle's case, even though one of the accused perpetrators is from London, and both of the accused perpetrators were found/arrested in London, I don't have the sense that most Londoners are even aware of Noelle's murder. Since Noelle was murdered 'over the holidays', and since the Canadian justice system naturally errs to the side of confidentiality, most people in southwestern Ontario "missed" the news that highlighted the tragedy of Noelle's horrific murder.

In the end it is surprising and disappointing, since there are so few murders, let alone "stranger murders", in this area.

I have forgotten now, but will the trial be held in Sarnia or London?

Awww your too kind. Thank You. I do know it was in the London Free press at the time. With folks just getting over New Years I agree many may have missed the news since Noelle was found so quickly. I'll bet things will heat up once Trial gets close. So glad you got to the Court for the verdict. I watched online. I knew before the Official Verdict it was Guilty. I'm sure you heard what I did. The shrieks of Family running outside where the press awaited. I don't know how to describe the shriek/cry/scream. It was a happy sound yet a very emotional raw sound. And I lost it. It's so surreal when you are there live for something eh? It touches all your senses. Last I read it said Trial to be held in Sarnia but I cant imagine the Defense not asking for a change of venue. These two are so evil. Her picture terrifies me. Wonder which one pointed the finger once they Lawyered up. Not that it will help IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaoskap
Back