GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/10/violent-murder-victims-deserve-a-closer-look

BY CHARLES ADLER ,QMI AGENCY
FIRST POSTED: THURSDAY, JANUARY 10, 2013 08:00 PM EST

bringing this forward for whomever may have missed it this morning... Thanks for the link summer_breeze. Perhaps it will help people deal with the information blackout/posting ban. There is still something to talk about:

"As a kindergarten teacher, Noelle Paquette was determined to make her students’ lives better. When she encountered a child in need, she brought them lunch — sometimes even clothes, shoes, school supplies. Not to make a name for herself, but because she was just good.
"The world needs more people who are just good — and we’ve just lost one.

...>

"Whose name do you recognize first: Jessica Lloyd or Russell Williams? Leslie Mahaffy or Karla Homolka? Brenda Ann Wolfe or Robert Pickton? Daryn Johnsrude or Clifford Olson?
"It’s important to pay some attention to the criminals at first — that’s how we know if there’s something in the system to blame for their crimes — something for which we can demand change. But when they become more famous than their victims, we’ve gone too far.
"Let’s keep our minds on the victims. Let’s not let the people who destroyed their lives get the attention they crave. Let’s not give them a reason to be copycats. Let’s focus on the woman whose family and friends are using a sunflower to symbolize her — perfect for the warm and happy person she was."

Yes.... I went to SDSU... San Diego State University...

DH and I spent an extra night in Canada when we went on an Alaska cruise... We definitely would enjoy gong back and seeing much more!

:rocker:

Awesome!!!! great climate in San Diego. Well to a Canuck it is lol Glad ya got to see some Canada and hope ya can get back. Hubby had to take some Courses some time ago at Cal State. Sacramento I believe? It was so long ago. Not even sure why so far away but i wasn't complaining.

Great link bluebirdy. I saw this in print but not the actual video.

It bothers me how much the perps in any case are in the news soooo much.
Sadly the names you think of are not the victims, I hope this is different here.

I hope whenever anyone think about the girl who lost her life too soon from Sarnia ON, they think NP, not the names of the monsters.

It was a lovely tribute to Noelle :rose: Noelle will never be far from my mind and I'm sure most people's. In time this will turn to the accused. I think we just seek to understand and seek Justice.

Was it the 30th of this month they are back in Court? I could look but i should really get some work done. I think :waitasec:

Well... Here ya go!

:Banane30: :Banane30: :Banane30:

LOL Thanks. Wont be long and i will be on vaycay. On a beach. Good book. Pretty drink in hand. My laptop will stay home. It's a rule with me and the Mister.

The world needs more Teachers/Mentors like Noelle. Not only did she teach but she taught by example :rose:

been waiting to get picked for jury duty but it never happened... then as soon as i moved to BC this fall i got a summons from ON to fill out an application for the jury pool for windsor. crazy!

btw, i can't remember who posted about living so close to where she was found, but it was kristen french who was found alongside the road in the bushes. leslie mahaffy was found in cement in a shallow river :(

(and sorry, i don't mean to pollute noelle's thread with other cases/victims... i certainly do not want to be seen as disrespecting her. but certain things lend themselves to discussion-- like opinions about profilers and the publication ban. hope no one is offended :) )

My apologies. I didn't realize other users were not permitted to message each other / request messages on useful information on this site. I missed that in the rules. Again sorry for this.

You ARE allowed to message people and request info---you are just not allowed to talk about it online. :wink:

Or even an thread based on Highway of Tears? Please and thanks : ) Looks like all discussion surrounding this case is haulted. Time to go back into some of the other one's.

Or even an thread based on Highway of Tears? Please and thanks : ) Looks like all discussion surrounding this case is haulted. Time to go back into some of the other one's.

You may want to try the search button on the top of each page to see if there are threads/events that you have interest in!

Good luck... And I bet you will find some familiar Sleuthers as you follow those threads!

I will see you! :seeya:

Don't think this has been posted yet..if it has, sorry but so true!

http://link.brightcove.com/services...241GVQxOh-GBHNHu5Cuhlf-y9&bctid=2086309630001

Thanks for posting this beautiful commentary about Noelle, and other victims of senseless violence!

One of the things that he comments on is the need for the media to focus more on the victims and not the perps. I couldn't agree more!

After the CT shooting, a psychologist said the same thing. He asked that the media focus more on showing images of the victim and their grieving family. He also stated this is the way to help prevent copy cats since it causes a feeling of empathy rather than the excitement of the lives of the perps, the police car lights, swat teams, ambulances, etc. that are often shown in the media after tragedies.

I bring this up also because many on this forum were upset with the media for showing pictures of Noelle's family mourning at her funeral, meanwhile I was remembering the advice of the psychologist and thinking these images of human suffering/mourning are perfect since it causes empathy and sympathy to stir within one's heart, and may do so even in those who may fantasize about being copy cats. Perhaps it would be a good thing to show more images of weeping and sorrow when these tragedies happen, it seems we have far too many who are looking to imitate evil.

I think Noelle's family would not be upset if they thought those pics could prevent the victimization of another human being.

RIP, sweet Noelle.

This is just MOO.

LOL Thanks. Wont be long and i will be on vaycay. On a beach. Good book. Pretty drink in hand. My laptop will stay home. It's a rule with me and the Mister.

Me too yay! Feb come on lol

Was it the 30th of this month they are back in Court? I could look but i should really get some work done. I think :waitasec:
Not sure if anyone answered your question yet...but they are back in court on Jan. 31st. :)

Heard some interesting stuff today from a friend living in Sarnia who knew TB personally. Obviously I won't go into detail on here but I'm still just sickened by all this. These people were wolves in sheeps clothing and fooled many people.
RIP beautiful Noelle.

Heard some interesting stuff today from a friend living in Sarnia who knew TB personally. Obviously I won't go into detail on here but I'm still just sickened by all this. These people were wolves in sheeps clothing and fooled many people.
RIP beautiful Noelle.

I've herd of many people feeling fooled. Many in shock it's so tragic. :(

Not sure if anyone answered your question yet...but they are back in court on Jan. 31st. :)

Yes that is what I have been reading. Will be interesting to see how fast the trial comes if they don't plea guilty. I'm surprised there isn't more charges although could they have added more after the ban? And we just not know about it ? Is it possible? Not bringing up if any more were laid since we prob can not discuss this

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back