GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would like to be called for jury trial just once. I would like to see the process first hand. I think it would be informative. I also think it would usually be very boring. ;)

Typically anyone i know who has served found it a very tedious process. It is interesting to see the process at work. I just don't ever want to be on a Jury for a case such as this. It's one thing to read about it. Another to be in a Courtroom by choice. I think for me it would be too much. A good friend of ours served on a child molestation case. I knew he would make the cut because he is bright and can process information in a fair and intelligent manner. He doesn't speak of it to this day. It haunted him. Jurors found the accused NG. All he did say was Jurors agreed in their gut they knew he did it. The evidence to convict just wasn't there. (Charges had been brought years after the alleged crime)

I could look this up, but since people are feeling short on things to post about, I'll just ask. Who requested the publication ban, the prosecution or the defense?

I could look this up, but since people are feeling short on things to post about, I'll just ask. Who requested the publication ban, the prosecution or the defense?

Due to the Publication Ban we dont know :floorlaugh: Could be the Defendant,Lawyers or the Judge himself. If i had to guess I would think the Defense Lawyers in a case like this IMO

Absolutely. My point being in crimes such as this. High profile, a murder and horrific where the public and the press pay attention bans are in place. Not to say others that are say sexually based are not. Hope i am making myself clear. I guess what i am trying to say is an average run of the mill trial may not see a ban. IMO

Exactly...got ya!
Thank you.

If some of you are interested, I have started a new discusion board related to the unsolved Karen Caughlin case from 1974 in Sarnia Lambton. The Caughlin family have endured 38 years of sorrow and frustration with regards to this horrific crime. This case was mentioned a few times in the NP forum due to the proximity of where the victims were discovered and the manner in which they disappeared. I thought due to the publication ban we are now experiencing, it may provide the participants (especially locals) with an outlet for some sleuthing.
Here is a link to the thread where I have posted some background info to get things started. Tho this case is not as new and sensational as the one we're currenting investigating, there is a local family out there seeking answers. Thank you.

Karen Caughlin Cold Case - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Over the last few years I have received 3 summons for Jury Duty. Each time before i was to appear I rec'd a call the case had been settled out of Court. So i was never part of the process as far as even being chosen. Now I figure I should disclose I am a member on several crime boards right? Now i figure that should get me out of Jury Duty right? if it was a Crminal case :floorlaugh: That's certainly my hope :floorlaugh:

I have read from a WS poster....(was it you? :smile: ) that divulging to the court we are a member of WS would keep us off jury duty?

I am just curious...

Now that I am retired... I actually would LIKE to be on a trial... To see the inner workings of the legal process!

Just some thoughts!

:dunno:

So sad to see this thread closed down - we had a lot of great discussions and you have all been a nice welcome! Hope to see you all around the boards, and hopefully back here when/if the trial happens

I have read from a WS poster....(was it you? :smile: ) that divulging to the court we are a member of WS would keep us off jury duty?

I am just curious...

Now that I am retired... I actually would LIKE to be on a trial... To see the inner workings of the legal process!

Just some thoughts!

yes I read someone posting that too. good to know!

I am just curious...

Just some thoughts!

LOL Yeah it was me. Ha!!!! I was hoping disclosing being a Member might get me off Jury Duty. I suppose it would depend on the Trial. It could cut both ways. They may want you or they may not. I know i could form a personal opinion based on what i do know as fact in a case. And sometimes a gut feeling. Could i put it aside if i was ever a Juror. Absolutely. Do i ever want to be a Juror. No. At least not in cases such as these. I would invite you to attend a Trial due to your interest. It is a fascinating process. You can go up to your local Courthouse and check the docket posted to see if there is anything of interest. Last i knew Dockets are not made Public on the Net here in Canada like in the U.S. I remember sitting in Court for Law Class many days and losing my mind from boredom. One day my Uncle showed up for a DUI. Scandalous it was in my Family. Then. And I wasn't suppose to know :floorlaugh:

yes I read someone posting that too. good to know!

LOL I said it in jest. See my other post. I would def. disclose i was a member if it was a high profile Murder Case. I don't doubt the Defense would find out anyway and it would be horrible if it was during Trial. If any of ya's followed the Caylee Anthony Murder Trail (like who didn't lol) Det. Yuri Melich posted on here. Benign stuff. Everyone loved him and supported him. Baez did mention it in Court. I cant remember verbatim but it was a dig. Asked him something like Oh and do you have a name you go by (insert board name here) Words to that effect. Of course the prosecution objected and that was the end of that.

And an interesting article related to a Facebook group posting information/rumor/comments during a publication ban in 2010:

http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/oshawa/article/748973--does-facebook-page-break-the-law

Again, just adding to the conversation

Yeah, that's an interesting point. As with any publication ban, there is nothing to stop private citizens discussing details privately among themselves. A facebook page can be just like a group of friends sitting around a table at Tim's. If they talk quietly, people at surrounding tables don't hear. If they yell, it's like not using appropriate privacy settings on facebook and everybody finds out. This is just people's stupidity. Unfortunately, the Internet allows a lot of stupid people to broadcast stuff.

I find it bizarre, I guess I am just so used to the first amendment that I cannot even fathom that you wouldn't even be allowed to speculate or post about a case. Weird. IMO.
Like shouting "Fire!" in a crowded movie theatre?

This is a public forum. If something gets posted here that later jeopardizes the case and lets a clever lawyer get the perps off, the admins will be responsible. Hence the rules.

Im new here, been reading along the whole time! Decided to sign up. There was so much said here and I do wish I had joined in earlier to share my theories and speculations just based more on one of the accused and my experience with that person prior to this horric tragedy. This is my second time spending time and watching threads here at WS in a year's time. This truly is a wonderful site, with great posts and brilliant people. In some ways it is very frustrating when the accused or charged seem to have more rights than the good people who who seek the truth. My only positive summary of PB's being put in place is that, it gives loved one's a time to grieve without media covering the horrific detail's on the loss of their loved one every time the television in turned on, newspaper opened etc...In this case my love and blessing's are sent to the the family and friends of Noelle (bless her soul in heaven), community of Sarnia and outward where to whomever this tragedy has touched and the children the beautiful kids who have been affected they all will remain in my prayers. Thank you all, in someway reading through these posts really helped me which I think is why I came here ....To realize I am not alone in thought and even if I couldnt tell my story these threads and specific posts truly helped.

LOL Yeah it was me. Ha!!!! I was hoping disclosing being a Member might get me off Jury Duty. I suppose it would depend on the Trial. It could cut both ways. They may want you or they may not. I know i could form a personal opinion based on what i do know as fact in a case. And sometimes a gut feeling. Could i put it aside if i was ever a Juror. Absolutely. Do i ever want to be a Juror. No. At least not in cases such as these. I would invite you to attend a Trial due to your interest. It is a fascinating process. You can go up to your local Courthouse and check the docket posted to see if there is anything of interest. Last i knew Dockets are not made Public on the Net here in Canada like in the U.S. I remember sitting in Court for Law Class many days and losing my mind from boredom. One day my Uncle showed up for a DUI. Scandalous it was in my Family. Then. And I wasn't suppose to know :floorlaugh:
Actually... I got called to jury duty right after I joined (and got addicted to :smile: ) WS... And I was the last alternative juror to be released....

I had just started reading WS.... So it was SOOOO hard not to follow up on the trial during the jury selection process....

but I was a good girl... And followed the law... And kept away from the trial on the Internet... But I sure followed it after I was released! :D

I just wanted to add a point. If say I was a potential Juror in this case and i had/have disclosed opinions as to Guilt here in a public forum. I doubt I would make the cut :floorlaugh: Can you imagine the nightmare if you were picked and it came to light you had publicly formed and discussed an opinion of guilt in said case. And i dont mean in a coffee shop. I just wouldn't want to be a part of an issue in a Trial such as this.

Actually... I got called to jury duty right after I joined (and got addicted to :smile: ) WS... And I was the last alternative juror to be released....

I had just started reading WS.... So it was SOOOO hard not to follow up on the trial during the jury selection process....

but I was a good girl... And followed the law... And kept away from the trial on the Internet... But I sure followed it after I was released! :D

Good for you. You were an excellent pick then.

Welcome Bazinga :seeya: Glad ya joined and are finding some measure of comfort. Sorry you have been affected by this also.

Im new here, been reading along the whole time! Decided to sign up. There was so much said here and I do wish I had joined in earlier to share my theories and speculations just based more on one of the accused and my experience with that person prior to this horric tragedy. This is my second time spending time and watching threads here at WS in a year's time. This truly is a wonderful site, with great posts and brilliant people. In some ways it is very frustrating when the accused or charged seem to have more rights than the good people who who seek the truth. My only positive summary of PB's being put in place is that, it gives loved one's a time to grieve without media covering the horrific detail's on the loss of their loved one every time the television in turned on, newspaper opened etc...In this case my love and blessing's are sent to the the family and friends of Noelle (bless her soul in heaven), community of Sarnia and outward where to whomever this tragedy has touched and the children the beautiful kids who have been affected they all will remain in my prayers. Thank you all, in someway reading through these posts really helped me which I think is why I came here ....To realize I am not alone in thought and even if I couldnt tell my story these threads and specific posts truly helped.

:welcome4: Bazinga. :wagon:

Thank you for your thoughtful post... And I hope you continue posting with WS!

Yes... This board is useful in so many ways... One of which is that it is a support group of sorts! :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back