GUILTY Canada - Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia, Ont, 31 Dec 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Due to Kingston Pen being slated for closure, they will be rehousing these inmates in another facility. I have heard some news about Windsor but I do not know if that is where they are planning to send the most serious offenders.
The special needs of PB and RF are higher then the regular protective custody. They cannot be housed even in a population of protective custody. I know of no protective custody at Milhaven that houses this type of criminal.

A super jail sounds like a good place to start though.

It is also possible they will be sent out of province to somewhere else.

We're posed to be getting a super jail here in Windsor -- word has it it's already started to be built BUT we haven't had anything written in the paper yet

as i understand the south western detention center is being built to replace the aging windsor jail and serves the following purposes (like any other city jail):

http://www.mcscs.jus.gov.on.ca/english/corr_serv/jurisdiction/jurisdiction.html

difference b/w jail and prison (i.e. kingston penn/millhaven):

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Jail_vs_Prison

Yep, I just looked that up , it is in fact a Detention Center not a Prison being built.. so I have still no idea where they will put the worst of the worse.

I, personally, haven't noticed anymore weirdos than normal but I agree with the different feel around town. I walk the dog twice a day and it is always in the dark at this time of year since the daylight hours are so short. Anyway, I've passed three women walking alone (or with kids) since the murder and they all crossed the street as we approached each other. The dog is a cute, friendly little guy that usually attracts attention and I don't consider myself a particularly intimidating guy but I can understand how they might feel these days.

As for the extra cops, there was a ride program set up on Indian road a couple of nights ago around eight o'clock. I was thinking that it was to ensure city residents of a strong police presence as much as stopping drunk drivers.

I live on a major road near downtown maybe I never noticed this many weirdo's before because I didn't bother to look out the window at every sound, but I have noticed a lot more police presence than what is normal around here. I had to go pick up my son the other night after dark and noticed the same ting people walking in groups with flashlights crossing the roads when others approach. I'm sorry but I refuse to be imprisoned in my own home I will still walk a block or 3 in the dark to the store or to pick up my son after dark as long as it's not terribly late ( anytime after 10:30- 11 pm) like I always have. Today I was out with my daughter and a man on a bike went by us and said "Hi, how are you?" I said answered him and we all kept on walking THAT is normal in this town to greet people as you walk by weather you know them or not a simple hi how are you is just how this town is and it was actually nice to see that not everyone is scared to say hi to others.

We're posed to be getting a super jail here in Windsor -- word has it it's already started to be built BUT we haven't had anything written in the paper yet

the windsor star? i read the online version every day... several articles have been written about the new jail and how the build is going.

I felt compelled to put down some of my thoughts and post them here.
I hope they make sense to those of you who take the time to read them.

On Wednesday last, after I dropped some books off at the Sarnia library, I then walked along Christina Street to the Bayside Mall entrance at Lochiel Street, where I had some business to attend to.

Whilst walking along that downtown street, I could not help but be aware that I was passing along the same route, albeit in reverse, that Noelle Paquette was reported to have taken, on the early hours of January 1st, after she left the New Year’s Eve party that, it has been said, she attended.

The mixture of emotions and questions that kept running through my head, as I walked along, all seemed so jumbled up. The where, the why? The anger…… mixed in with disbelief,( I guess, because my mind wanted to shut this horror out) that such an unbelievably evil situation, had been spawned somewhere along this very route I was now traveling?
So many questions sprang into my mind that will probably never be fully answered?

So many “What ifs”… the… ”If onlys”…. and that ever present thought that has been in my head, since the story unfolded…. “Why?”
I felt a great sadness as I walked along, and that feeling, I believe is shared by the other citizens of this normally ‘normal’ little city, people who like myself are in shock and disbelief that such a thing could take place in our community.

This is the street, where on warm Friday evenings in summer, the folks of this city stop and chat with old friends they meet, as they wander through the weekly Art-Walk displays and share in lighthearted fun.
This too is where the annual Santa Claus parade delights the children, their parents and grand-parents of our city, as it passes along with the colourful floats, filled with beaming children, who are eagerly waving at their friends and families. A time for the citizenry, who are usually bundled up and stamp their feet against the cold night air, as they enjoy the brightly lit parade vehicles and listen to and watch the marching bands blare out their joyful seasonal tunes.

And along this, the old downtown main street, is where the Royal Canadian Legion members, the Veterans, Police service, Fire services, the local Militia members, Military Cadets Little Brownies and Girl Guides, Boy Scouts, Cubs and Beavers, along with the many wreath carriers who in the annual Remembrance Day Parade, march solemnly to the Cenotaph in honour of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the benefit of their fellow citizens.

It is so very sad that this part of our town will be remembered as the area where a more sinister event started out.

I post these thoughts to honour the memory of Noelle Paquette, a young woman whom I never met but I admire and respect, for all the selfless deeds that she carried out during her short life time, all of which show an ultimate concern, for the wefare of the children and adults she came in contact with and for the love for her family, whom she obviously cared for so very much.

I really enjoyed reading this, Curiousonion. Thank you for sharing, you are very good with words and expressing your thoughts. I have found myself asking the same questions you have been asking. So many 'If Onlys' and why did this have to happen? It is touching to see how much Sarnia has really come together as a community. I was simply awestruck by the photos of all the people who showed up for Noelle's vigil.

I spoke to a resident of Brights Grove today and was told that the neighbourhood that the Noelle's parents live in are raising money to put a memorial tree for Noelle in St. Micheal's school.

I am so very touched at how this community is trying to help to mend each other in Noelle's name. It really is beautiful.

I have been out and about in the city quite a bit lately and notice that it just isn't the same. People's hearts are broken. Sarnia has seen an intense amount of tragedy in the deaths of NP and JK (car accident) this year.

I was by TB's house and down the downtown streets.

Her house looks normal. Barbeque on the front porch and fits in nicely with the rest of the street. I am not sure what I was looking for there, but I certainly saw nothing that would alarm me.

NP was a gem. The world is not a better place without her but I hope that it is a better place because of her.

the windsor star? i read the online version every day... several articles have been written about the new jail and how the build is going.

I usually read what they have on the app which should be close to online. I never cared till now I guess. Perhaps I skipped the articles about the jail. I believe the first I read of it was in the paper couldn't tell you how long ago. And now that I think about it maybe I did read it was underway. My husband says its for overload tho. Unless they build a specific area to house such murders. But he says it to replace the old jail and dumb down the over crowding. In Windsor if you sleep 3 to a cell, meaning 2 on the bunk one on the floor you get a extra day towards your time. So that's how ppl get out so fast here. Any sentence over 2 years is posed to be pen time and I'm not sure if lawyers argue well he/she has slept 3 to a cell for the last 6 mos so it adds up to less than 2 yrs.

NP was a gem. The world is not a better place without her but I hope that it is a better place because of her.

It most certainly will be. I know Noelle has touched my heart, & she will never be forgotten. In my opinion, anyone that had the pleasure of knowing Noelle personally should feel blessed. That smile that you see when you look at pictures of her speaks volumes as to what kind of a person she truly was. I hope she is resting peacefully in Paradise. I am sure she is smiling down on everyone. As I am sure she would be super proud of the $32,500 that has been raised to keep her legacy alive!!

Just saw this and thought you might be interested in it if you are from the Ottawa , ON area.

http://www.sugar-baking.com/blogs/news/7159218-noelles-gift

This is an Ottawa baker that is offering all the proceeds from her Apple shaped cupcakes and her teacher themed cupcakes to Noelle's site (Noelle's gift).

It is selflessness like this that touches me the most.

Just saw this and thought you might be interested in it if you are from the Ottawa , ON area.

This is an Ottawa baker that is offering all the proceeds from her Apple shaped cupcakes and her teacher themed cupcakes to Noelle's site (Noelle's gift).

She is actually in the Toronto area, ( Beaches)

Wonderful idea, so thoughtful.

How wonderful! Ill share this with my Toronto friends :)

Quoted from Honey West,
"I really enjoyed reading this, Curiousonion. Thank you for sharing, you are very good with words and expressing your thoughts. I have found myself asking the same questions you have been asking. So many 'If Onlys' and why did this have to happen? It is touching to see how much Sarnia has really come together as a community. I was simply awestruck by the photos of all the people who showed up for Noelle's vigil".

Thank you for your kind comments "Honey West".
I believe when dreadful things such as this take place, people want to pick up the broken pieces and put them back as they were...We want to make everything and everyone whole and happy once again....Unfortunately we do not have those powers and are left wanting.

Agree. Altho we would like to see him there lol. Kingston is slated to close. I'll find a link as to when. All prisoners will be dispersed to other Prisons. No new prison for Kingston. I would think by the time this gets to trial Kingston will be closed. I'll look that up and come back with a link. IMO

Hi everone - new poster but been reading and also a Sarnia resident - Kingston is set to close but Millhaven Institute has already begun construction for more prisoners - some will be moved there as it is in Bath, Ontario (very close to Kingston) and some will be moved to other maximum security prisons - this is my opinion and my son in laws who is a corrections officer at Millhaven Institute so he has some knowledge - they do not know yet which prsoners will be moved where. :twocents:

Thanks for the info and welcome kmom13 :seeya:

Working a Prison is tough job. Kudos to those that do it.

Hi everone - new poster but been reading and also a Sarnia resident - Kingston is set to close but Millhaven Institute has already begun construction for more prisoners - some will be moved there as it is in Bath, Ontario (very close to Kingston) and some will be moved to other maximum security prisons - this is my opinion and my son in laws who is a corrections officer at Millhaven Institute so he has some knowledge - they do not know yet which prsoners will be moved where. :twocents:

As long as they keep them locked up... tight.. forever..... I think prison guards do a great job and should be paid more for their services btw.. IMOO

:welcome5:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back