CANADA Canada - Rene Gunning, 19 & Krystle Knott, 16, Edmonton, 18 Feb 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched that video and I can definately relate. I used to hitchike frequently as a teenager, I even did it alone a few times, Im taking long distance province to province hitching. I am lucky to be alive. A lot of old creeps picked me up but never to the point of endangering my life. It didn't help that they were both intoxicated and that it was so dark. Poor girls, they were so young.

Yes I am doing great thank you. Just get a little sad sometimes about it but use this experience as inspiration to love a little more and appreciate my life, kids, family...everything..Just that much more.
Anyway, my reason for posting in here tonight: I have a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. There is a woman missing from Edmonton..they just found her car near rocky mountain house which is 6 hours from Grande Prairie/Debolt but..on a forestry trunk road. Could it be? My instincts (or hormones..never can tell these days) are telling me there is something very wrong and malicious going on here. Maybe I'm just picking out things but it just seems too similar to me and I've always felt it was a trucker who did this to them. Am I being paranoid?

This has been bugging me and waking me up all night..(that and my yorkie constantly dragging little things under the bed to chew on). The post I read said "a" forestry trunk road, making it sound like there were a few of them. Checked out Google maps..Forestry Trunk runs for hours and in the post about this young girl missing, it said her car was found 2 hours outside of red deer. It's the same effing road. Quite a bit farther away, but still the same. Yeah, they are 9 years and 32 days apart and maybe it was bound to happen being such a long long road.. but it still gives me the chills. It says this woman was a forestry expert usually studied pine beetles and there was no sign of foul play when they found her car, but I still don't feel well about it. Again, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Maybe not.

vehicle was found abandoned Tuesday afternoon on the side of the Forestry Trunk Road (Hwy 734), about 25 kms north of the North Fork Road junction, Hwy 752.

She had left her cross-country skis at home when she left.

it looks like the only prints of any description that may have been around the vehicle when they arrived on scene were that of a grader operator that was working.
end quote

http://www.reddeeradvocate.com/news...unt_for_missing_Edmonton_woman_252792461.html

Yes I am doing great thank you. Just get a little sad sometimes about it but use this experience as inspiration to love a little more and appreciate my life, kids, family...everything..Just that much more.
Anyway, my reason for posting in here tonight: I have a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. There is a woman missing from Edmonton..they just found her car near rocky mountain house which is 6 hours from Grande Prairie/Debolt but..on a forestry trunk road. Could it be? My instincts (or hormones..never can tell these days) are telling me there is something very wrong and malicious going on here. Maybe I'm just picking out things but it just seems too similar to me and I've always felt it was a trucker who did this to them. Am I being paranoid?

This has been bugging me and waking me up all night..(that and my yorkie constantly dragging little things under the bed to chew on). The post I read said "a" forestry trunk road, making it sound like there were a few of them. Checked out Google maps..Forestry Trunk runs for hours and in the post about this young girl missing, it said her car was found 2 hours outside of red deer. It's the same effing road. Quite a bit farther away, but still the same. Yeah, they are 9 years and 32 days apart and maybe it was bound to happen being such a long long road.. but it still gives me the chills. It says this woman was a forestry expert usually studied pine beetles and there was no sign of foul play when they found her car, but I still don't feel well about it. Again, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Maybe not.

Hope you are doing ok Naomi. I don't think your being paranoid. Your friends didn't end up out there on their own and no one has been held accountable.

9+ years and counting is a long time - far too long - with no answers!

:justice: for Rene & Krystle!

[video]https://youtu.be/-FMhUNSIxks[/video]

...Up, up, up / Can only go up from here / Up, up, up / There's no way but up from here...

:balloons:

Hang in there Naomi!

:grouphug:

:bump: for Rene & Krystle!!

:candle:

Still thinking of you Naomi!

attachment.php

Is this the exact location that Rene and Krystle were found, where the thumb tack is? It may be time to start profiling the SOB that took them there. It seems to me that if Laboucan had been responsible someone would have heard about it by now in consideration of the way in which he wore his bragging rights on his sleeve.

Attachments

• Rene Krystle.jpg
    Rene Krystle.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 77
How the Canadian Authorities Have Impeded Reporting on Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women
October 13, 2015

Snipped...
...When I think about the RCMP, inevitably I think about Krystle Knott, born 26 years ago.

If Krystle had enjoyed the opportunity to translate her childhood ambitions into adult passions, she might now be a veterinarian or a mechanic. She might still listen to Shania Twain. (She'd probably be as stubborn and willful as ever.) But her family will never know. Krystle was killed, together with 19-year-old Rene Gunning; the girls' remains were found in 2011. Who killed the two young women? That's just one more thing Krystle's family would like to know.

My first call to the police about Krystle was to an RCMP spokeswoman in Edmonton. I wanted to know why Krystle had been missing for three years before the RCMP said a single public word about her. I also wanted to explore the perception that her aunt, Doris Goulet, has of the case (which, to this day, remains unsolved): "It's like: they're found, they're buried, so it's done."

http://www.vice.com/read/how-the-rcmp-has-impeded-reporting-on-missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women

Bumping
April 3 2016
http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...place-for-our-women-indigenous-activist-says/

Fort St. John ‘a dangerous place for our women,’ indigenous activist says
The circumstances surrounding each violent death and disappearance is as unique as the women involved. But when it comes to violence against women in Fort St. John in general, be it from strangers or spouses, there has been some local research looking at whether the nature of the extraction industry — with its high-paying jobs, transient workforce, isolating shift work, culture of hypermasculinity and boom-and-bust cycles — plays a role.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back