Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Attachments

• 1652482863494.png
    1652482863494.png
    689.5 KB · Views: 2
It was reported, on the radio, as a baby’s blanket with a unique butterfly pattern. Now, it says crocheted blanket but it looks like a regular baby blanket to me.
I used to have a blanket with the exact same butterfly print probably c. 2003-4. As soon as I saw the photo I remembered having a blanket with identical fabric. If I had access to old family photos, I’m sure I could find a picture of me with this exact blanket. For that reason, I don’t think this was a new blanket. It was probably either bought second-hand or previously used for a child who is now older (I would guess between the ages of 18 and 23). MOO.

I used to have a blanket with the exact same butterfly print probably c. 2003-4. As soon as I saw the photo I remembered having a blanket with identical fabric. If I had access to old family photos, I’m sure I could find a picture of me with this exact blanket. For that reason, I don’t think this was a new blanket. It was probably either bought second-hand or previously used for a child who is now older (I would guess between the ages of 18 and 23). MOO.

I think you’re right. I’ve looked for it, but have only come close. ETA: If the blanket is 18-23 years old, maybe it was the mother’s blanket originally(?) Or used or an older sibling’s like you said.

This very faded Carter’s is somewhat similar, but not a match (look at the antennas, they’re distinctive):

1652484161649.jpeg

side by side:
1652484161649.jpeg0D3D140E-8C74-4E83-99ED-53782C6D6B31.jpeg
Walmart blanket:

Attachments

• 1652484952295.png
    1652484952295.png
    468.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I think you’re right. I’ve looked for it, but have only come close. ETA: If the blanket is 18-23 years old, maybe it was the mother’s blanket originally(?) Or used or an older sibling’s like you said.

This very faded Carter’s is somewhat similar, but not a match (look at the antennas, they’re distinctive):

View attachment 343850

side by side:
View attachment 343850View attachment 343851
Walmart blanket:
They look a lot like Blankets named ‘Circo’ i found. Not close enough for me, but i think the design might be the same, just not the fabric… but maybe if it has been worn off because of it’s purpose… (sigh :( )

I know this will sound “off” but it almost feels like she was wrapped up with “care”.

I think we all know that this is going to tie back to family.

Moo

I agree with you. Someone wrapped her carefully with some feeling of affection. But where are her clothes? Or a toy?

Unless they followed part of a custom to wash the body after death and wrap it in cloth.

No indication that there is any relation to this case, but seems worth noting here, imo.

Are there any updates on this girl?

I haven't seen any updates.

I doubt that this child tossed into the trash by a local resident. Not that a resident of this neighbourhood would never do such a thing, but that a resident of this neighbourhood would never wrap a child in an "old" blanket from a common store.

Rosedale is one of Canada's oldest, wealthiest and higheast priced neighbourhoods, where street signs are made of solid brass and everyone has a gardener. Families have nannies to care for the children, and property managers to take out the garbage.

For a walking tour of some of the homes check out this little video.

HUNTER: Cops hit brick wall on little Jane Doe found in Rosedale dumpster​

Brad Hunter
May 26, 2022 • 2 hours ago • rbbm.

“There’s nothing concrete, we’re still working through the DNA process but still nothing,” TPS cold case and missing persons chief Det. Sgt. Steve Smith told The Toronto Sun. “We’re doing everything to identify her, if we do that then we can find out who her parents are and the circumstances that led us here.”

Smith said police hope to release a composite photo of the little girl in the next week or so. But since the child may have been dead since before last summer, that too has been a struggle.
The veteran homicide detective called the circumstances “unusual”.

So far, no cause of death has been determined but Insp. Hank Idsinga said three days after the horrifying discovery that “we are investigating this death at its highest level just like a homicide investigation.”

''Smith noted that detectives have received a number of tips from members of the public about the identity of Rosedale Jane Doe and they are being diligently followed up.''

“You have to speculate: How does a child simply disappear? How does a child go not missed by neighbours, school, and friends?”

''How little Rosedale Jane Doe got to the dumpster is also a mystery. None of the cameras in the neighbourhood were facing the dumpster but investigators are hopeful they can piece something together.

According to Smith, there are dozens of unidentified bodies on the books of the Toronto Police Service. But an unidentified child?''
That is a heartbreakingly rare bird and the answers are known only to the child, the person who callously dumped her there — and God.

Smith and other TPS detectives are frustrated. Remember, this is a unit with one of the highest homicide closure rates in North America.
“I can’t understand it. How is someone, somewhere not missing this child?” Smith wondered aloud.''

''Anyone with information or video surveillance of the area, including dash-camera video, or who recognizes the blankets or the girl’s description is being urged to immediately contact police by calling 416-808-5300 or to leave an anonymous tip with Crime Stoppers at 416-222-TIPS (8477).''

Unacceptable. I miss this child and I don't even know her.

Is there a tag for the blanket? Maybe it was handmade? Fabric stores like Fabric Land and Joannes Fabrics might be another avenue. It could even be second hand. I recognize the pattern but not in a concrete manner, I can't place where or how.

The woman and child missing from Ontario, California is not a bad connection at all IMHO. Hopefully it's looked into to make sure it isn't related. The hair elastics should also be checked out, maybe there's DNA on them? Someone did her hair, someone cared enough to do that. Who owned the home where the dumpster was?

This child had needs. Food, hygiene etc. What if someone thinks they know something but they don't know what they saw? Like, kind of sort of think they vaguely recall...? Like on the bus, at the park, the beach etc... What then?

Heartbreaking.

Which discount stores? Like Michaels Crafts or Hobby Lobby? Dollarama doesn't sell fabric IIRC.
African Textiles Center
4.4(34) · Clothing store
North York, ON
Closed ⋅ Opens 11 a.m. · (416) 247-0041
1653625688107.png"Great place to go for your African print fabrics and clothing."
In-store shopping''

I haven't seen any updates.

I doubt that this child tossed into the trash by a local resident. Not that a resident of this neighbourhood would never do such a thing, but that a resident of this neighbourhood would never wrap a child in an "old" blanket from a common store.

Rosedale is one of Canada's oldest, wealthiest and higheast priced neighbourhoods, where street signs are made of solid brass and everyone has a gardener. Families have nannies to care for the children, and property managers to take out the garbage.

For a walking tour of some of the homes check out this little video.

If she didn't live in Rosedale herself, maybe her killer (which I'm assuming is her parent/guardian) works in the area? Maybe as a gardener or nanny, as you mentioned?

If she didn't live in Rosedale herself, maybe her killer (which I'm assuming is her parent/guardian) works in the area? Maybe as a gardener or nanny, as you mentioned?

This house in Rosedale is very close to St. James Town, which is a densely populated, low-income neighborhood of apartment buildings. A high number of immigrants live in that area. St. James Town - Wikipedia

From Google maps:

F9DDC0C8-3F56-44FA-804A-4358C4BFDC90.jpeg
A freeway is close as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member