Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The car could be leased, borrowed etc.

With depreciation, not an expensive car IMO.

I’ve never used Uber but you can often use cabs to deliver packages.

Could you pay an Uber driver to dispose of a ’parcel’ without any explanation??

I truly do not know.

I truly do not know.
You can! It’s called Uber Delivery. I’ve used it for things like sending keys a friend left at my house that I didn’t have time to return before she needed them, and it prevented her from having to make the trip over just to go back home. It’s only supposed to be used for smaller items - I just checked and 30 pounds is the package limit.

Not that every Uber driver follows the rules, but I think asking an Uber driver to take a garbage bag to a dumpster at night would be a request pretty far outside the scope of what they’re usually asked to do.

I truly do not know.

Even if the cost of an older, used Porsche is not prohibitively high, the maintenance and repair costs can be pricey. There's a saying that "there's nothing more expensive than a cheap [insert luxury car brand]". My guess is whoever owns the vehicle has a steady source of income.

I can't shake the feeling that this may be a domestic violence situation. Based on the hair and the blankets, I believe someone loved and cared for this little girl. What if her mother was too scared to contact police. Her baby was already gone -- maybe she went into self-preservation mode.

Do we know how long the dumpster bin was on the driveway? Seems really risky to dump something so obviously not construction related in there which could catch someone's eye. If they had gone with just a black plastic bag, she might not have been discovered.

How many dark-coloured 2011- 2014 Porsche Cayenne SUVs can there be in Toronto and area? This might help crack the case.

A criminologist...says though the car is "not as glamorous" a lead, it could actually end up being "significant."

"Fortunately, it's a comparatively rare vehicle. It's like an older model … that would allow the police to do what's known as an offline search," ...

"So, essentially pull records of every vehicle of that make, model and colour over a span of years and then narrow down potential license plates, which then lead to potential home addresses when the vehicles were registered."

...though it might not look that way at the moment, "this is a solvable case."

1654659721933.png
1654659745315.png
rbbm.
''The Ontario Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains ran an analysis of her DNA against missing children reported across Canada. The agency found 58 potential matches nationwide, but could not connect the girl with any of those cases.

“There is no evidence which links any of the 58 missing children to our case. And in fact, since May 2, eight of the 58 have now been accounted for.
Unfortunately, we believe that it is unlikely that the child located on Dale Avenue has ever been reported missing,” Inspector Hank Idsinga said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Idsinga added that police aren’t excluding the possibility that the victim has been reported missing abroad, and that investigation continues.''

''Idsinga said the girl’s skin tone is an approximation and might not be completely accurate.''

“That car is literally captured on camera on Dale Avenue in the area of the dumpster right in the timeframe that we believe the body was dumped there and inexplicably stops right by the dumpster for about 21 seconds.
So, of course we want to identify this car. Maybe there's a perfectly innocent explanation as to why it stopped there but maybe not.”

“Of course toxicology results are going to take some time. But if there's no obvious cause of death, it's a lot of work for the forensic pathologist to try and determine that cause of death. And it may be something that may remain undetermined for quite some time,” Idsinga said.

Anyone with information is being asked to contact police at 416-808-5300 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).''

Even if the cost of an older, used Porsche is not prohibitively high, the maintenance and repair costs can be pricey. There's a saying that "there's nothing more expensive than a cheap [insert luxury car brand]". My guess is whoever owns the vehicle has a steady source of income.

I can't shake the feeling that this may be a domestic violence situation. Based on the hair and the blankets, I believe someone loved and cared for this little girl. What if her mother was too scared to contact police. Her baby was already gone -- maybe she went into self-preservation mode.

Do we know how long the dumpster bin was on the driveway? Seems really risky to dump something so obviously not construction related in there which could catch someone's eye. If they had gone with just a black plastic bag, she might not have been discovered.
I wonder if her mother was also killed, perhaps at the same time, by the same person, but the mom was kind of on her own with no job, no friends, no family, etc? I wonder if LE has looked into all of the female murder cases over the span of time this child is believed to have been dead, to confirm if any of the more likely maternal possibilities may have had a young child that perhaps not many are aware of? Or could her parent have been a dad with custody of his daughter (mom out of the picture for whatever reason?), and he simply told neighbours, his family members, and coworkers the daughter had gone back to live with her mother, so nobody suspects him? Or a man/partner/husband that was 'away' (in jail? in the army?) came home to find his mentally ill partner had killed her child, but kept the body because she couldn't bear to part with the child, and the partner took it upon himself to dispose? So many possibilities!

She may well have been in a garbage bag or tote bag.

The police do keep information back and to drop a brightly coloured cloth wrapped item into a dumpster would be too obvious IMO.

When there are construction dumpsters in my hood, all sorts of things get tossed in by passers by.

The police do keep information back and to drop a brightly coloured cloth wrapped item into a dumpster would be too obvious IMO.

When there are construction dumpsters in my hood, all sorts of things get tossed in by passers by.

Point taken, I was just relying on this:

That's where they say the girl's body was found wrapped in a crocheted blanket inside a plastic bag, which too was wrapped in a colourful blanket.

My speculation is that she was wrapped in the juvenile blanket at/near the time of death (maybe grabbed off her bed) but that the colourful "blanket" was something grabbed without much thought to better hide the bag for transport/dumping. It's possible it was even normally kept in the SUV.

I really hope they solve this one. This little girl deserves to have her name known and her story told.

I feel like the car old be either a huge lead or a red herring… my understanding is that they have video of the car stopping inexplicably near he dumpster around the time they think her body was left there (based on other information, this is apparently a very large window of time), but it doesn’t seem like they have video of anyone getting out or putting anything in the dumpster. IMO there are other possible explanations… they could have been looking at the house out of curiosity (apparently it was vacant for several years, maybe seeing if it had sold or work had resumed on the house), throwing other household garbage into the dumpster, etc.

Personally, I doubt that a luxury car that is over 8 years old would be a rental. Most rental companies retire cars when they reach a certain age or mileage.

Obviously the police will want to speak to the driver of the car to see why they stopped but IMO it doesn’t sound like they can confirm the car is related to the crime and I think we should avoid getting tunnel vision with regards to the car.

Just my opinion, of course.

Oh, I don’t think a nicer car totally rules out someone from a lower socioeconomic status in every case (or even this one for certain!), but as a Toronto resident, lots and lots of people don’t own cars here at all! Much like NYC or other big cities, people of all socioeconomic statuses who don’t need a car on a daily/weekly basis don’t find the hassle of the cost of the car itself, insurance, maintenance and parking worth it.

She was found in one of the most affluent areas in Canada. As other posters pointed out, there’s a much lower income area (St. James Town) closely adjacent to its south, and some other ones (like Regent and Moss Park) relatively close by. While the little girl’s family could definitely still be of a low SES, I just think it would indicate they likely didn’t live in any of those areas and own a Porsche, since rent with the addition of the fees for a full time parking spot plus the fees related to a Porsche itself would be cost prohibitive even for lots of solidly middle class people.

Is it an area many people would drive through getting to somewhere else, like getting onto a main highway to commute to work or something? Ever since they described the way she was found, I've had a mental picture of somebody driving by, spotting the dumpster in front of the currently unoccupied house, and coming back later with the remains.

People don't usually look inside garbage bins like that when they throw things out. They just lift the lid and toss their bag in. Even if somebody did notice, they'd probably just think, "Oh, somebody threw out an old curtain."

I'm not sure the person would even have had to leave the car to put her inside. That dumpster looks like it's about at the level of that van's driver's window in the picture @dotr posted (post #86). The Cayenne probably isn't quite that tall, but it looks to me like the bin is probably still reachable for most drivers.

Is it an area many people would drive through getting to somewhere else, like getting onto a main highway to commute to work or something? Ever since they described the way she was found, I've had a mental picture of somebody driving by, spotting the dumpster in front of the currently unoccupied house, and coming back later with the remains.

It’s very close to Bloor Street, which has the East/West subway line, and is a block from the off ramp to the Don Valley Parkway, the main north/south highway on this side of town. Rosedale isn’t really somewhere I personally don’t love to cut through since it’s a residential area with lots of stop signs and people on walks during the day, but there’s been construction on Bloor (bike lanes and condos) for basically a year, so lots of people may have made it a shortcut/just found it a more pleasant drive than city traffic even if it wasn’t much faster.

I think your mental picture could definitely be onto something. These are old houses owned by very wealthy families, so construction dumpsters on the front driveway are a very common sight with people renovating, doing bigger landscaping projects, etc. Besides the drawback of the fact that lots of these houses have serious security cameras/systems (which appear to have caught this car), it would be a good place to drive into knowing you’re likely to find a dumpster.

A possibility is that this could be the child of an abducted teen from years past. Braided hair (taken care of), but no missing persons report and no schooling record?? I've found an old missing persons' case:

The only missing black woman in Canada with the correct age gap to have a child of this age.
- 15 yrs old when she was taken in 1996
- Taken from New Liskeard, Ontario
and interestingly, she had long, black, BRAIDED hair

Only a hunch, but this child could've been born into captivity. Additionally, the braided hair could have even been a clue left by the mother.

If the Porsche is indeed connected to this crime, and in terms of my theory, the perpetrator is surely a highly successful, narcissistic recluse.

Let me know what you guys think of my theory and if I'm missing anything

A possibility is that this could be the child of an abducted teen from years past. Braided hair (taken care of), but no missing persons report and no schooling record?? I've found an old missing persons' case:

The only missing black woman in Canada with the correct age gap to have a child of this age.
- 15 yrs old when she was taken in 1996
- Taken from New Liskeard, Ontario
and interestingly, she had long, black, BRAIDED hair

Only a hunch, but this child could've been born into captivity. Additionally, the braided hair could have even been a clue left by the mother.

If the Porsche is indeed connected to this crime, and in terms of my theory, the perpetrator is surely a highly successful, narcissistic recluse.

Let me know what you guys think of my theory and if I'm missing anything
Welcome to Ws Picklejar!
You may be interested in Melanie's thread..

June 9 2022
''Cops have been flooded with tips in connection with the unidentified remains of a little girl discovered in a Rosedale dumpster in May.''

''Homicide Det. Insp. Hank Idsinga told the Toronto Sun on Thursday that his team is “grateful to the community for their fantastic response and please, keep the tips coming.”

“I’ve never seen such a volume of tips come in for any case as I’ve seen in the last 48 hours,” Idsinga told the Sun. “Unbelievable. It will be a lot of work to get through them all, but hopefully, there’s a gem in there somewhere.”

A police source earlier told the Toronto Sun that the child’s remains were in a bad state. But Idsinga said he believes the composite sketch released Tuesday is a “very good likeness” of what the child looked like in life.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back