Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is it an area many people would drive through getting to somewhere else, like getting onto a main highway to commute to work or something? Ever since they described the way she was found, I've had a mental picture of somebody driving by, spotting the dumpster in front of the currently unoccupied house, and coming back later with the remains.

1654828235818.png
Image from google maps.

The black and pink pin is where she was found. It’s close to a maze of major roads.

I know the area from 30 years ago, and come back to the area about once a year. I used to use the Castle Frank subway station quite a bit back in the day. On the map it is definitely close to some major roads, but wouldn't there be a thousand better options to dump a body? Like a commercial dumpster, (unless most of them are pad-locked now), or a desolate roadside, even a farmers field, since the dumper had access to a vehicle. I think they knew that street, thought the porche wouldn't stick out in the area, and needed to get rid of the body fast. No time to drive a couple hours to a remote location. So sad, but I am hopeful this will be solved.

1654828712554.png
(Image from TPS)
She looks Somalian or Ethiopian to me, fwiw.

She was found at 25 Dale Avenue. Google Maps I was looking at the area on Google and there’s an apartment building right next to it.

The apartment complex parks their city refuse containers right next door to the home, likely only on garbage day. There are over 40 of them in the google image. Maybe that’s what drew the suspect there?

C7D11D79-650B-410C-900C-6AB3996C154F.jpeg87AD4DE5-7B1D-455D-BCE8-7B5CCD119216.jpeg

Images from Google maps.

View attachment 348742
(Image from TPS)

She was found at 25 Dale Avenue. Google Maps I was looking at the area on Google and there’s an apartment building right next to it.

The apartment complex parks their city refuse containers right next door to the home, likely only on garbage day. There are over 40 of them in the google image. Maybe that’s what drew the suspect there?

View attachment 348866View attachment 348867

Images from Google maps.
There were 218,160 African Canadians in Toronto as of 2015, a number of which are refugees or the Canadian-born children of refugees, so IMO it might be worthwhile for the RCMP/Toronto Police to circulate the reconstruction with non-profits that provide refugee resettlement and assistance services if they haven't already done so.

View attachment 348742
(Image from TPS)

View attachment 348866View attachment 348867

Images from Google maps.

That's crazy, I've never seen an apartment complex do that. I would have thought a building of that size would have to arrange private trash disposal.

For what it's worth, I looked up the collection schedule for that area. Garbage is picked up every other Wednesday.

It is believed the little girl was dumped Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 12 p.m., and Monday May 2, 2022, at 4:45 p.m. I presume this correlates with the time an empty bin was placed on the driveway and when the body was discovered.

The SUV they're looking for stopped at 10:26pm on April 28th so the bin was probably fairly empty (assuming it did in fact dump the body).

That's crazy, I've never seen an apartment complex do that. I would have thought a building of that size would have to arrange private trash disposal.

For what it's worth, I looked up the collection schedule for that area. Garbage is picked up every other Wednesday.

It is believed the little girl was dumped Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 12 p.m., and Monday May 2, 2022, at 4:45 p.m. I presume this correlates with the time an empty bin was placed on the driveway and when the body was discovered.

The SUV they're looking for stopped at 10:26pm on April 28th so the bin was probably fairly empty (assuming it did in fact dump the body).

There was once a mansion at 21-23 Dale Avenue and it was converted into apartments (condos). Apartments are allowed to do that, but maybe it depends on the number of units(?)

ETA: Garbage pickup was Wednesday, April 27th, according to the schedule. If the suspect had gone there on Tuesday night and placed her in one of those garbage bins she may never had been found. I’m happy she was :(

Last edited:
There’s a ‘proper’ apartment building near us, they always put out many multiple bins, as do others in the neighbourhood. It could be to keep down the noise from the private contractors who come a few times Per week.

So based on where this child was found I think we can safely say she wasn't a resident of the immediate area. So the question is why would the person(s) who dumped the body know that the dumpster was at that location? According to an article linked up thread, the house has been under renovation for several years which means it could have been there for a while. However, I can't see many residents in that area, though, being okay with staring at a big ugly dumpster for several years. Even building permits have a life span. I checked the history of the home and I think it's undergone several owners in the last while.

Like a poster said, across Bloor St just further west is a densely populated high rise community that supports a lot of new immigrants from all over the world. While there is an international flavour of St. James Town, most of the residents are of Filipino, Chinese and various east Asian immigrants with some Somalians. African immigrants usually migrate to the north west part of Toronto. Lots of Ethiopian, Somalian and other African nationalities including those that came from the Caribbean.

I agree that this little girl was probably put there by her caretakers. I can't say whether she met foul play or died through misadventure. No PM has provided COD. I don't think she was wrapped with care, though, because tossing a child in a dumpster is about the least likely a place someone with remorse would utilize, imo. It was expedient, that's it.

I keep looking at that first piece of fabric. It doesn't look like any type of traditional fabric that might represent an African ethnic design. It does look like it comes from India or Goa or even Tibet. I've seen saris that have a plain body with a border of an intricate design similar to the fabric shown. I wish they would give some indication as to the size of it. Is it as long as a scarf, is it part of a sari? What kind of fabric? I'd like to know what weight it is, it looks kind of gauzy. Initially I thought it might be embroidered but on closer inspection it seems kind of lightweight.

One of the things I found when investigating immigrants in St James Town I discovered there is an indigenous group of Filipinos that are called black Filipinos. They are called Negritos in the Philippines. Here's a link to the info.

When reviewing the racial groups of India there are four main ones: the Negritos, the Mongoloids, the Proto-Australoids and the Mediterraneans. Here's a link:

So it seems like rather than zeroing in on African ethnicities it is just as likely that this little person could be of Indian or Filipino ethnicity. Filipino because of the close proximity to St. James Town and Indian because of that fabric. Unfortunately, like it was mentioned in the earlier link, these ethnicities are usually at the lowest economic strata in their society so the ability to emigrate to Canada from those areas where the Negritos live is highly unlikely.

Last edited:
I agree about the fabric looking somewhat gauzy or light. And a good point about the scale. I had been assuming it was about 36-45 inches wide, about the height of a 4-7 year old kid, but it might just be a scarf or shawl. If it's wide, it would resemble the gauzy sari fabric my neighbors wear in the summer, or the gauzy material we used to use as curtains back when all we could afford was the cheap stuff from an Asian-imports stall at the low-end shopping area.

Without being too graphic, ‘something’ must have been visible for the finder to realize it was human remains.

Those wrappings could be much smaller than we are Imagining or had come partially undone.

I feel there is plenty of information being withheld, these are just a couple of items that TPS feel may lead to an arrest.

Without being too graphic, ‘something’ must have been visible for the finder to realize it was human remains.

Those wrappings could be much smaller than we are Imagining or had come partially undone.

I feel there is plenty of information being withheld, these are just a couple of items that TPS feel may lead to an arrest.

Good points. Yes, we don't have the whole context.

Likely unrelated, but noting because it is unusual to have Rosedale pop up again so soon, imo. fwiw just started thread..
Map from Mt Pleasant Rd & Elm Ave to 25 Dale Ave
2 min (750.0 m) via Elm Ave and Maple Ave

Attachments

• 1655133358914.png
    1655133358914.png
    326 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1655133358969.png
    1655133358969.png
    294 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1655133359022.png
    1655133359022.png
    305 bytes · Views: 1
  • 1655133359076.png
    1655133359076.png
    372 bytes · Views: 2
Important!
''June 15, 2022 4:43PM EDT
Toronto police say they have located the vehicle of interest in connection with the case involving a young girl whose remains were found in a Rosedale construction dumpster last month.
Earlier this month, police released the sketch of the girl and a vehicle of interest that was captured stopping in the area of Castle Frank Road and Dale Avenue, where the girl’s remains were found.
In an update on Wednesday, police said they had located the vehicle and spoke to the driver.

“It was determined the vehicle and driver have no connection to the investigation,” police said.

They continue to ask anyone who may know the identity of the girl to contact them.

More to come…''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back