CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
as a 23 year old girl i can safely say what he's doing in that picture is not a gang sign lol. <modsnip>
IMO, I agree with Cariis; it's a symbol. Although admittedly, I'm not familiar with the B.C. gangs. From online pics they look older. Sounds like CFSEU-BC has an aggressive program to abate their activities, which are apparently centered on the drug trade.
I hypothesize someone was attempting to recruit Ryan; perhaps he resisted, and didn't survive the attempted initiation. Or, like the Whistler D.J., maybe he just walked home, got lost, and drifted off in to a warm snowy sleep.
Amateur opinion and speculation.

all behavior has meaning?

Sure, but almost all that meaning is ephemeral and inconsequential. Why do people mug for the camera at parties, cheek kiss or butt slap their buddies on cam when they're drunk, have little in-jokes and hand gestures that just their besties understand? It's rarely some big conspiracy, it's just stupid stuff people do to show they're connected to each other.

As to little info about what people at the party have said they saw, well, it doesn't get reported if it's deemed of no use, and while they might talk among themselves to see if anyone remembered anything at 2 AM or whenever Ryan left, rarely do those conversations get put online or on video. So it's not something insidious keeping people silent, it's likely just nothing of note to be shared publicly.

There's a pic of a gang member (IS or HA) where one of them is making the hand gesture that we see in the pic of Ryan. (You have to scroll through quite a few pics to find it):

B.C. gangs 2011: list of main gangs operating in B.C.

Independent Soldiers is active in Kamloops, but I'm not convinced that particular symbol is specific to just that gang. HA of course probably owns half of BC, so their presence in Kamloops is probably a given (although not sure they have a clubhouse there yet)

ETA: That pic is a little confusing. I believe the guy on the left making the gesture is more affiliated with HA, while the guy on the right is IS (hard to separate because both gangs seem to be affiliated at times)

Last edited:
A Vancouver Blog Put Out A Call For Positive Gang Signs — Here Are The Awesome Results

1/11 OPEN GALLERY
Hand gestures can be an effective tool for communication — but they also can carry some negative associations. In an effort to spread a little online positivity, the Vancouver-based art blog Booooooom put out a call to readers for "Friendly Gang Signs," Instagram pictures that reappropriate gangland hand gestures to produce affirming, heart-warming messages. Readers responded enthusiastically, and the first round of Instagrams went up yesterday. They often take a little work to decode, but they're usually worth it. Take a look at the gallery above to see some of our favourites — and if you have trouble interpreting them, there's an answer key at the end.

New information refocuses search for missing Ryan Shtuka | CBC News

There's a pic of a gang member (IS or HA) where one of them is making the hand gesture that we see in the pic of Ryan. (You have to scroll through quite a few pics to find it):

Are you referencing the pic of the two guys in the water, with the guy on the left making the sign? Because that does not look like the hand gesture in the pic of Ryan, as far as I can tell.

Are you referencing the pic of the two guys in the water, with the guy on the left making the sign? Because that does not look like the hand gesture in the pic of Ryan, as far as I can tell.
Yes, that pic. I certainly see it as the same sign, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. All's good :)

Ryan's family had no SAR experience and very little to basically no support upon arriving in SP, (his mother documented it all on FB) back in the beginning of the search for Ryan.

After reviewing the video his family recently posted, it seems to me that at the end of it all they did search very thoroughly, with one purpose IMHO. And people are still up there searching today.

So tell me why they haven't found ONE THING connected to Ryan...…………………………………………N O T H I N G.

This bothers me.

I feel for anyone & everyone searching for a missing loved one.

:crying:

me too

that is what i was trying miserably to say it seems like it would be different in snow like if one fell and got covered up when the snow melts they should just be there

and then in my head go like joey or brian or zachary there are no rivers they are the same as cement up there

and then if you go to those deep things near the base of trees (fall in) then when the snow melts he would just be there

then if you go deceased and buried there are limits to how deep someone can bury but then when the snow melts he would just be there

the snow makes it like not seen but with melt seen but no one is seeing

so it seems the only answer left is to have been driven away via car

Yes, that pic. I certainly see it as the same sign, so we'll just have to agree to disagree. All's good :)

I see the first and third fingers extended in Ryan's pic, with the second touching the thumb, with the pinky bent, as well, while in the two guys' pic he has the first and pinky fingers extended, with the second and third curled to touch the thumb. That is the standard two fingers extended sign I've always seen before, while as CARIIS mentioned, the Ryan one is unusual. Unless the angle of the hand is just obscuring the standard sign in Ryan's pic.

Independent Soldiers is active in Kamloops, but I'm not convinced that particular symbol is specific to just that gang. HA of course probably owns half of BC, so their presence in Kamloops is probably a given (although not sure they have a clubhouse there yet)

ETA: That pic is a little confusing. I believe the guy on the left making the gesture is more affiliated with HA, while the guy on the right is IS (hard to separate because both gangs seem to be affiliated at times)

well darn when i click on the link to see them it does not go !! ty got chills tho Scorpions is the name of the gang that was in all the stories in the three weeks prior to his vanishing they sound just vicious

I just think operating a sky lift would be an outstanding way to move stuff just visualize it locking people in and drop in lap

get to the top or bottom whatever and move on

pure speculation

A Vancouver Blog Put Out A Call For Positive Gang Signs — Here Are The Awesome Results

1/11 OPEN GALLERY
Hand gestures can be an effective tool for communication — but they also can carry some negative associations. In an effort to spread a little online positivity, the Vancouver-based art blog Booooooom put out a call to readers for "Friendly Gang Signs," Instagram pictures that reappropriate gangland hand gestures to produce affirming, heart-warming messages. Readers responded enthusiastically, and the first round of Instagrams went up yesterday. They often take a little work to decode, but they're usually worth it. Take a look at the gallery above to see some of our favourites — and if you have trouble interpreting them, there's an answer key at the end.

New information refocuses search for missing Ryan Shtuka | CBC News

that is awesome!!

What happened to just talking !!

Yo What da heck happened ta just jivin'?
It wuz much easier back then,
Do you agree!
ah put dis here in uh transmalator ah found it uh hoot
How long did it take ta figure out what dat heck ah be jivin' about!
an' in dis here instance it has nuttin' ta do wif muh motha typing or spelling
so dere an don't make me pull mah gat!

Ebonics Translator - Translate English into Ebonics with the Pimp Translator

I see the first and third fingers extended in Ryan's pic, with the second touching the thumb, with the pinky bent, as well, while in the two guys' pic he has the first and pinky fingers extended, with the second and third curled to touch the thumb. That is the standard two fingers extended sign I've always seen before, while as CARIIS mentioned, the Ryan one is unusual. Unless the angle of the hand is just obscuring the standard sign in Ryan's pic.

Well, maybe I'll agree then ;)

Here's what's weird though ... as hard as I try, when I have only the second touching the thumb, with the first and third extended, it is impossible for me to bend the pinky. Could just be that I am anatomically challenged.

Here's what's weird though ... as hard as I try, when I have only the second touching the thumb, with the first and third extended, it is impossible for me to bend the pinky. Could just be that I am anatomically challenged.

No you are not or we both are I tried to do it cause i thought it would make it easier while looking at pics fail

I agree, but if you curl the pinky to the thumb first, then I find it easy to leave the 1st and 3rd extended while bending the 2nd to touch the thumb. I can't tell from the Ryan pic if the pinky is touching the thumb, though, or just curled away from the thumb, which is hard to do.

Regardless, absent other information of gang affiliation with these party-goers, I don't see this as a gang sign or an indication of gang activity.

Unfortunately, I believe Ryan is the victim of foul play.
I haven't been following this case at all, really.
I only just noticed it cuz it's near to Kamloops and my dad lives there so it's somewhat local to him.

The fact that Ryan hasn't used his cell phone or been on social media since his disappearance is what's pushing me towards a foul play scenario. If he succumbed to the elements, I believe his body would have been found already. Again, I don't know what the area around Sun Peaks is like, so I could be wrong and his body could be in the woods just waiting to be found...

Are there any suspects or leads at all?

LOL well I can't do that hand position either SB & that's okay, in this case I'm fine being anatomically challenged. (Imagine accidentally flashing a gang sign...)

:eek: :scared:

LOL well I can't do that hand position either SB & that's okay, in this case I'm fine being anatomically challenged. (Imagine accidentally flashing a gang sign...)

:eek: :scared:

Thank goodness I'm not alone. Visions of all these WSers sitting at home contorting their hands into all sorts of weird gestures. I can do Peace, I can do Victory, and the good old BS sign. Chances of flashing that one accidentally though ?? LOL

My gut feel (at this point) is that it was just a party pic with someone being a poser (like photo bombing with a potato face or such). That gut feel may change if/when new info comes to light.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics
Back