CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
as a 23 year old girl i can safely say what he's doing in that picture is not a gang sign lol. <modsnip>

l worked with juvenile delinquents in a level 10 jail- most parents did not know there kids were in gangs that is what it is all about a secret

I think a lot of people have notions about gangs like they look rough and tough you would not believe how many of the guys were small bright wildly manipulative sneaky like you would not be

level 10 are the most delinquent in the state five foot four 14 year old rap sheet Most of them incredible armed robbery rape assault resulting in severe injury robberies it was unreal no parent i ever worked with knew their child was a member of violent gang not how it works

i dont know how close the guy doing the signing in the pic was a real good friend of his there apparently is a lot of gang activity in that area linked earlier

and the big gang busts and home invastions were going on in the previous three weeks before he vanished he might have seen or heard about something about some of the people at the party

the reality is folks appear to be very tight lipped about the party that night

i have seen no friends at the party on tv talking about him and there concerns about his being missing - from the party

the gangs up there according to reports are vicious universal silen
ce might be more about anyone afraid to speak about the party /

I think the silence is significant

we have no idea of the three who left with him if they did something to him one might say he stopped for 12 seconds to tie and shoe and they lost him

think about it losing someone when someone reaches down to tie a shoe

how do three people lose another human being in 12 seconds??

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Perception is always interesting, as I always say.

I think that without much for specifics, no clues found at Sun Peaks and no sign of Ryan, anything is still possible.

Where are you Ryan???

ETA: Just adding & noting: Ryan had a vehicle at Sun Peaks & his keys are missing.

hi honey!

did they drive to rave

do we know where the rave was

they did not drive to the party is this correct

this bugs me ( the keys) is this new information -- then i thought maybe it has his house key on it

they i thought oh pls its a bunch of young kids with roomates chances are good the door was open !!

is the car where it was for the past 24 hours

did cops evaluate the car this whole thing IMO is a wreck

ahhh so many questions

Last edited:
Hiya CARIIS

I saw the details about the keys to Ryan's VW on this poster

https://ryanshtuka.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Clothes-Poster.pdf

Good question, about LE evaluating the car but I am not knowing.

I know nothing about his roommates or them attending a rave???

My understanding is it was Ryan's first season working there but not his first time at Sun Peaks.

Hiya CARIIS

I saw the details about the keys to Ryan's VW on this poster

https://ryanshtuka.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Clothes-Poster.pdf

Good question, about LE evaluating the car but I am not knowing.

I know nothing about his roommates or them attending a rave???

My understanding is it was Ryan's first season working there but not his first time at Sun Peaks.

it was here earlier I don't know how to make it go to the exact post

CANADA - Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018 ...
Websleuths › ... › Forums › MISSING › Missing Persons Discussion
Feb 17, 2018 - [h=1]RCMP search for 19-year-old who vanished after attending Sun ... Ryan Shtuka went to the gathering at a residence on Burfield Drive on ...

it was called a silent disco

Shtuka was last seen wearing dark jeans, white shirt with gray sleeves , a blue coat and a burgundy ball cap.

then look at the shirt and look at the people behind him they are wearing headphones that is a silent disco

28433143_361621777645863_941628488241119232_n.jpg

if ya look under the headphone it appears there is something maroon under headphones

just curious is a iphone 6 like one of the latest etc

Last edited:

I REMEMBER now.....sheesh. Thank you CARIIS.

I see the Silent Disco's have been going on at Sun Peak's since at least 2014, FWIW

www.sunpeaksnews.com/party-season-brings-disco-and-djs-18708.htm

ETA: There are host clubs listed under the article, without looking very hard, the only one i checked out has photos posted (date Feb 16) of people dancing in headsets.

Last edited:
I don't know if Ryan's family is planning another search this weekend but if they are I hope this is the time that Ryan's remains are discovered so family can get some closure. However if the search continues on with no results maybe Ryan is not on Sun Peak but walked away or foul play is involved.

Tragedy in a Small Town

Searchers probing snowbanks on my way to work, helicopters flying overhead and the ever present social media attention were inescapable.

the most challenging factor was the massive social media response to the situation. While the majority of online posts were positive and helped create awareness across the country, there was a darker undercurrent present. These posts, outside of groups where the family had administrative control, were published without regard for who they were impacting or how their actions could be harmful.

What I can say is that anyone who has lived here this winter will never stop looking. Whenever we are out on a trail, driving to the resort, or walking through the village, one part of our brain will always be looking for Ryan.

http://sunpeaksnews.com/handling-tragedy-in-a-small-town-30082.htmEven uncovering one shred of evidence to confirm he is somewhere in Sun Peaks would be immensely valuable.

There some really nice stuff here

http://picbear.online/findryanshtuka

Last edited:

Updates - MISSING: RYAN SHTUKA
DO YOU KNOW SOMETHING?

If you have any information in regards to Ryan’s whereabouts, you are being asked to contact the Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000 immediately quoting file # 2019-5071.

WANT TO STAY ANONYMOUS?
If you wish to remain anonymous with your information, you are welcome to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS(8477), or submit your tip online at Kamloops Crime Stoppers | Crime Does Not Pay…But Crime Stoppers Does!

If you have a suggestion, tip or information that pertains to the family’s efforts, please use this form or email direct at findryanshtuka@gmail.com.

Basically in terms of snow melt are we pretty much at the point where like if we move the location 60 degrees warmer that night .....

or is there still tons of snow to go through in spots that were I don't know 40 foot deep ( seen snow twice in my life sure was pretty -- for about half and hour then becomes a walking fiasco , and dressing undressing wet chapped lips scary drive thing!)0

Might be my minimal knowledge but it seems like that amount snow that night would limit the distance of walking ability

if hypotherma that would result in basically just ""being" somewhere and when the snow melted would be "there"

I am not sure this is making sense in my attempt to ask the question

BECAUSE of the weather that night in conjunction with the amount of that passed, and snow being gone does that others more into the foul play arena

I have been there since the pic with the hand

I asked Lordan, who does Brainscratch, if he thought it was a gang sign and he replied :

Not that I'm familiar with.. but it sure is an uncomfortable way of holding your fingers, so possibly.

I have been there since the pic with the hand

I asked Lordan, who does Brainscratch, if he thought it was a gang sign and he replied :

Not that I'm familiar with.. but it sure is an uncomfortable way of holding your fingers, so possibly.

If the pinky is touching the thumb along with the other finger, then it is not that hard for me to put my fingers in that position, especially if you touch the pinky to the thumb first, which then makes it quite easy to make that "sign."

If the pinky is touching the thumb along with the other finger, then it is not that hard for me to put my fingers in that position, especially if you touch the pinky to the thumb first, which then makes it quite easy to make that "sign."

why would anyone - at a party want to make their fingers in bizarre positions when patting someone on the back??

all behavior has meaning?

Ryan's family had no SAR experience and very little to basically no support upon arriving in SP, (his mother documented it all on FB) back in the beginning of the search for Ryan.

After reviewing the video his family recently posted, it seems to me that at the end of it all they did search very thoroughly, with one purpose IMHO. And people are still up there searching today.

So tell me why they haven't found ONE THING connected to Ryan...…………………………………………N O T H I N G.

This bothers me.

I feel for anyone & everyone searching for a missing loved one.

:crying:

why would anyone - at a party want to make their fingers in bizarre positions when patting someone on the back??

all behavior has meaning?
There is a finger sign that seems to be particularly well-known in Canada and used often in many surfer/dude/mates photos with the thumb touching the ring finger. I know from friends and sons of friends that this particular gesture exists without any affiliation with a gang. If you do a search for "shocker hand gesture" you will find plenty of example and perhaps quite a few x-rated explanations. I have photos in my own collection of guys making this sign and it really has no gang connection...the hand gesture is a bit of a non-PC lads' brag.
I'm not negating the possibility of gangs/organized crime in Ryan's case but I did want to put on the record that, without any other indications, the hand gesture in Canada is not enough to connect-the-dots with gangs.

Do you have a link to the source of this photo?

And what particular meaning do you attribute to the “gang sign”?
I’m not up on gang signs, but I just took it as a photobomb. My boys and their friends enjoyed making devils horns if someone was having their photo taken. They would hold two fingers up behind their friends head just as the camera snapped. It took years for them to grow out of this and I would be grateful that it was always two fingers, not just one.
My granddaughter loves having her photo taken and doesn’t care who it’s with. She’s be known to insert herself into group family photos of complete strangers and place herself right in front. She’s four. I think she’s growing out of it. Lol.

ETA. The photo doesn’t show. Maybe I quoted wrong post. Apologies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx
Back