CANADA Canada - Samuel Lottery, 17, London, Ont, 19 Jan 1996

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.police.london.ca/Newsroom/Unsolved_Crimes/Images/Samuel_Lottery_map_96_7559.jpg

I'm wondering if a group of friends went to arena for a hockey game? even the basketball games are there....

arena is across from that bridge where remains were discovered?

it's also a concert venue....I am finding references to 'tragically hip' did they cancel a concert for that date?

Wondering if Sam ran into trouble while engaging in one of his hobbies, like basketball, hip-hop and electronics?
Did Sam have a good collection of electronics and if so, were they stolen from him?

Wondering if Sam ran into trouble while engaging in one of his hobbies, like basketball, hip-hop and electronics?
Did Sam have a good collection of electronics and if so, were they stolen from him?

there's also a laser tag place downtown -- that was a pretty standard healthy fun activity for that age group in the late 90's too IIRC

it's clear to me from reading links at London pd website they know there are a number of people with information.

http://www.police.london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Newsroom/Unsolved_Crimes/Murder_Samuel_Lottery.htm

''Investigators do not believe this was a random incident. Information collected strongly suggests Sam Lottery was targeted by a person or persons known to him. Investigators believe more than one person has knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the murder of Sam Lottery."

No, 1995/1996 was my first year of hs. I was 14 & only remember seeing Samuel in the halls of my first semester. After winter break I took different classes in another area of Beal. Kids from grade 11/12 would have had free periods & electives. I've even asked a few of the friends I went to Beal with & none of them knew Samuel or had ever heard of what happened.

*I meant to reply w a quote & messed up. I haven't set up my new laptop so I post here from my phone but the keyboard is sensitive. I've made typos here & accidentally clicked profiles & generally have had problems so I apologize for the errors. This is also why I have't done more research or posted links etc. Idk why I am explaining myself, it's just very annoying. Smart phone? Not exactly!

there's also a laser tag place downtown -- that was a pretty standard healthy fun activity for that age group in the late 90's too IIRC

There were also a few arcades & pool halls. Ace Arcade on Clarence Street had both arcade games & pool tables. I think there was a place called Wizards too?

I noticed the wording as well. "A number of people" & "targeted" seem pretty specific.

Now I know what went wrong. I assumed that clicking reply on a specific post would automatically reply to that poster. Still finding my way around here.

Same as dotr, I was considering the hobbies Samuel was into & if that is another possible connection. Or perhaps he had a friend from Pillar Of Fire with the same interests? Or maybe he was into trading parts or building something with a friend? Like those ppl who build RC cars & robots?

My ''guess'' is that unless there is CCTV coverage that we don't know about, we won't know much about his activities. There is nothing in MSM about his activities prior to his disappearance. The whole ''non reporting'' is very odd to me. Not much to go on here....I sense that someone is being ''protected'' perhaps because they were underage as well? MOO

there is no obituary for Samuel either ...... ((that I could find))

there are no statements by friends or family -- this is all more than odd to me...JMO

we don't know how long he lived in his neighbourhood and if he had long time friends ((he sounded like a well regarded person))

There were also a few arcades & pool halls. Ace Arcade on Clarence Street had both arcade games & pool tables. I think there was a place called Wizards too?

I noticed the wording as well. "A number of people" & "targeted" seem pretty specific.

Now I know what went wrong. I assumed that clicking reply on a specific post would automatically reply to that poster. Still finding my way around here.

Same as dotr, I was considering the hobbies Samuel was into & if that is another possible connection. Or perhaps he had a friend from Pillar Of Fire with the same interests? Or maybe he was into trading parts or building something with a friend? Like those ppl who build RC cars & robots?

bbm: If Thursday night was Choir Practice or Youth Group at POF that might provide some insight!

I cannot find a website for Pillar of Fire Church -- again you would think that his Church would have been actively ''involved'' in the search or in making appeals??

My ''guess'' is that unless there is CCTV coverage that we don't know about, we won't know much about his activities. There is nothing in MSM about his activities prior to his disappearance. The whole ''non reporting'' is very odd to me. Not much to go on here....I sense that someone is being ''protected'' perhaps because they were underage as well? MOO

there is no obituary for Samuel either ...... ((that I could find))

there are no statements by friends or family -- this is all more than odd to me...JMO

we don't know how long he lived in his neighbourhood and if he had long time friends ((he sounded like a well regarded person))

Yeah I too find a number of things in this case odd. Those letters were sent in March & November (except I also read the letter was sent in February?) but nothing was found until May 1997? What took so long? Is it just me or is there conflicting info? Would there have been more evidence if they had searched earlier? It seems like the weather being so mild could have worked in the favour of LE?

If the person who killed Sam was a peer of his, they would be somewhere in their mid 30's now. Samuels parents would probably be in their late 60's (assuming based off my own parents being in their early 60's). I can't imagine his mom & dad living the rest of their years not ever knowing the truth.

Yeah I too find a number of things in this case odd. Those letters were sent in March & November (except I also read the letter was sent in February?) but nothing was found until May 1997? What took so long? Is it just me or is there conflicting info? Would there have been more evidence if they had searched earlier? It seems like the weather being so mild could have worked in the favour of LE?

If the person who killed Sam was a peer of his, they would be somewhere in their mid 30's now. Samuels parents would probably be in their late 60's (assuming based off my own parents being in their early 60's). I can't imagine his mom & dad living the rest of their years not ever knowing the truth.

I read that there was a letter in November and another one in March.....((6 months)) -- it was on the evidence page of the London police page for this case.

Aside from not finding the body, I want to know who was interviewed and what they had to say -- it just seems so odd there was no plea from the family or statements from friends as to when and where he was EXACTLY last positively sighted. No comments from teachers? -- I would be curious if there were any comments made in the yearbook.....or was he mentioned in a school assembly? or at graduation.....too much hush hush......MOO....almost makes me think someone very close has something to hide.....and doesn't want the attention.

bbm: If Thursday night was Choir Practice or Youth Group at POF that might provide some insight!

Right?! Or maybe playing basketball at the church? Maybe that person had a car & decided to meet Samuel, offered him a ride or like pretended to bump into Samuel & said "hey I'm going that way, get in"? Or maybe a group of ppl went out to eat & this person kind of paired up w Samuel? Could explain the choice of words by LPD?

I mean, why send a letter to the church? If the killer had his wallet & personal items and was able to send one letter to the home, why not send them both to the home? Napier Street, Blackfriars, Gibbons Park, Oxford Street E bridge, Pillar Of Fire are all within minutes of each other. Why that area of the Thames? Even if Samuel wasn't killed at that area of the river, it only points further north based off the current/flow. I suppose the mild weather could have made the current stronger (from so much snow melting??) in which case maybe placed further north to account for where the remains were found?

I think the Church not being ''found'' today is ''odd'' at best......his family members attended there --- looks like a pretty small building---and now there is ''no trace'' of that Church??

What happened to the congregation and/or the minister???

I did find this......((in the google street view there is no sign on the property indicating it is a Church))

Fire Baptized Holiness Church Of God Of Canada

27 Gunn St, London, ON N6G 1C4

519-433-4400

from 411.ca

http://www.fbhchurch.org/theatonement.html

I read that there was a letter in November and another one in March.....((6 months)) -- it was on the evidence page of the London police page for this case.

Aside from not finding the body, I want to know who was interviewed and what they had to say -- it just seems so odd there was no plea from the family or statements from friends as to when and where he was EXACTLY last positively sighted. No comments from teachers? -- I would be curious if there were any comments made in the yearbook.....or was he mentioned in a school assembly? or at graduation.....too much hush hush......MOO....almost makes me think someone very close has something to hide.....and doesn't want the attention.

First I want to thank you for replying. It's the first time I've been able to have a conversation with like-minded people. My old hs friends were not that concerned & my other friends/bf/family are like "Oh well, bad stuff happens, you can't do anything about it". I'm going to at least try.

I must be getting the dates mixed up. And yes, no public appeals, that is strange too. I don't recall the school ever announcing anything. Altho I was really young back then & didn't pay much attention to the news. I also skipped classes often & could have missed an announcement but don't think there was one to miss.

The yearbook thing entered my mind when I saw the CSI episode the other night (about the hs reunion). I wonder if LE checked Samuels yearbook for handwriting? It's def crossed my mind that making these posts might draw the attention of someone who doesn't want anyone finding them out. Which kinda makes me worry bc I'm poking around.

First I want to thank you for replying. It's the first time I've been able to have a conversation with like-minded people. My old hs friends were not that concerned & my other friends/bf/family are like "Oh well, bad stuff happens, you can't do anything about it". I'm going to at least try.

I must be getting the dates mixed up. And yes, no public appeals, that is strange too. I don't recall the school ever announcing anything. Altho I was really young back then & didn't pay much attention to the news. I also skipped classes often & could have missed an announcement but don't think there was one to miss.

The yearbook thing entered my mind when I saw the CSI episode the other night (about the hs reunion). I wonder if LE checked Samuels yearbook for handwriting? It's def crossed my mind that making these posts might draw the attention of someone who doesn't want anyone finding them out. Which kinda makes me worry bc I'm poking around.

always feel safe to call crimestoppers.......make the suggestion....can't hurt...

what's troublesome is that the river is only yards from the Church too!

Take a look at this aerial shot!! -- eek -- the trestle bridge etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...1!3m1!1s0x882ef1fd303bb327:0xce9a258705954d38

always feel safe to call crimestoppers.......make the suggestion....can't hurt...

what's troublesome is that the river is only yards from the Church too!

Take a look at this aerial shot!! -- eek -- the trestle bridge etc.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/2...1!3m1!1s0x882ef1fd303bb327:0xce9a258705954d38

This is what I've been saying!!!!! I mean, what are the odds... seriously? How far could Samuels remains have shifted in relation to weather conditions & proximity to the church & other clear and easily accessible paths to the riverbank?

This is why I felt the need to explain posting via my phone. I cannot provide links without having difficulty & frustration so I have notes & maps saved but can't contribute much to this thread yet. And no wonder I never found anything about Pillar Of Fire or 27 Gunn St! I even checked the phonebook & yes, it would have been tiny. Meaning small congregation, few staff, small pool of people etc

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarneson59
Back