Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Authorities said Wednesday that Zehaf-Bibeau had been applying for a passport and hoped to travel to Syria. His passport had not been revoked, as earlier stories have said.

"I think the passport figured prominently in his motives," Royal Canadian Mounted Police Commissioner Bob Paulson said Thursday. "However, we have not come to ground completely on his motivations for this attack. But clearly, it's linked to his radicalization. Clearly, it's linked to his difficult circumstances."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/23/world/ottawa-shooting-roundup/

It's simply amazing that the man, dressed in robes and wearing a hat shaped like those from 100 years ago, quietly got his gun, didn't remove his robes, quietly walked out of his office dove, slid across the floor shooting the suspect in the next alcove 5 times, including in the head.

He was only known for carrying the parade mace into the House of Commons each day. He was the head of security, a 29 year veteran of the RCMP. He pretty much saved the Canadian government, and Canadians, yesterday.

Just imagine if a madman with a gun was able to enter the room where the Prime Minister and his cabinet were meeting, and massacre them. Canada would be in big trouble ... the NDP and Liberals would run the country until a new party was built - a weak one at that.

Yesterday I posted that a pic of the perp had appeared on twitter #Ottawa .. AFAIK it was the first pic of the perp, and was certainly the first pic I had seen prior to MSM picking it up. The account was not MSM so I didn't post a link but had a feeling the account/pic was in support of ISIS, and I wondered where the pic had originated.

Last nite (this morning) I heard on TV that a twitter account that showed bibeau's pic has been shut down.

??? Curious

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...parliament_hill_attack_ottawa_police_say.html

“He'd be kneeling on a towel in the stairway and you'd have to step around him,” Dave said of Zehaf-Bibeau.

The homeless shelter is a four-storey building on a side-street that opens onto a main thoroughfare. The shelter is an updated heritage building with wood molding on the first-floor wall and grey brickwork on the upper tiers.

Another resident, who gave his name as Tom, said the police removed a large duffel bag Wednesday night. Zehaf-Bibeau, 32, said he came from Alberta, Tom said.

Dave said Zehaf-Bibeau seemed “creepy,” but he didn't have much contact with him.

“There's a lot of people around here with issues that seem creepy sometimes. So he kind of blended in,” said Dave."

You all should be proud to be Canadian! Yesterday as it was breaking and I heard your version of our congress (e v e r y o n e ) was working I thought now isnt that refreshing! Our guys have been on vacation for 6 weeks, did not come back to vote or feal with ISIS , nor Ibola, nor yesterday. They did swing in (a couple) for the secret service mess (it impacts their lives)> The should be back in a week or so, just in time to start prepearing for the CHristmas vacation. At least your folks were trying to govern. If stepping up a war, and a ally being terrorised does not result in any of em thinking hum maybe we should back to the office -- its stunning.

Bibeau got from the War Memorial into the Centre Block in about a minute 20 seconds. That's pretty fast for that distance and makes the first responders' reactions even more incredible. I think the Hall of Honour is appropriately named. It's not very often that I can listen to speeches by all three party leaders and feel full warmth and pride in each of them. And although the shooter was born and bred here, I am still a very proud Canadian.

Confusing - I thought he car jacked a car to go try to murder leaders? Where would this car have been?

Sounds as though he may have hoped/expected to get away after he shot people inside the buildings on Parliament Hill. He apparently left the car running and illegally parked outside.

1413990753611_wps_25_he_crack_of_gunshots_rang.jpg

Waiting: A reporter shared this image on Twitter showing a running car police say belongs to the suspect

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ier-standing-guard-National-War-Memorial.html

(Lots of good pics at this link.)

Been away most of the day but wanted to just say a big Thank You to each and every one of you who are on this thread, caring about our country and sharing concern and warm thoughts. :tyou:

Confusing - I thought he car jacked a car to go try to murder leaders? Where would this car have been?

this was the car that he used to go to the Hill and then proceeded to shoot Cpl Cirillo. He just left his car in a no stopping zone. Ran over to the Memorial and killed the Corporal. After shooting the Reservist, he commandeered the ministerial car and drove to Centre Block where he was killed

I just want to very quietly mention how much Australia loves Canada .... and how much we feel for you. It is neither here nor there and does not matter a bit in this picture and with regard to this matter, but we are quietly caring and thinking about you all right here in this country.

Federal MPs in Canberra stood for a moment's silence in the House of Representatives this afternoon.

The Canadian High Commissioner to Australia Michael Small was watching proceedings as party leaders expressed their condolences and concern.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott told parliament that "no country on Earth is more akin to Australia than Canada".
"Today, more than ever, Australians and Canadians are family," he said.
"We feel Canada's shock, pain, and anger.
"I regard Stephen Harper, their Prime Minister, as a friend and almost a brother."

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten said all Australians had been affected, especially those who worked at Canberra's Parliament House and Australian War Memorial.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2532773...use-in-canberra-after-deadly-ottawa-shooting/

Well, we know the shooter is recorded on a dashcam getting into the driver’s seat of the illegally parked car near the war memorial, and we know that the car was left running and illegally parked outside a Parliament building, so I imagine it was carjacked and the license plates were removed prior to all that (if it was carjacked).

What puzzles me is this ….

"10.18am: A grey Toyota Carolla is found with no front or back license plates. Witnesses claim to have seen two shooters emerge from it."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ier-standing-guard-National-War-Memorial.html

When and where did witnesses see two ‘shooters’ (perhaps just 'persons'?) emerge from the vehicle?
Was it before the shooting at the war memorial?

"Royal Bank, TD, Scotiabank, BMO and CIBC will each be donating $20,000 for a total of $100,000. A statement from the organizers said the fund will be distributed with the help of the True Patriot Love Foundation.

Bronwen Evans, managing director of the True Patriot Love foundation, said Thursday that they were contacted by the online campaign organizers when they realized they were going to raise a significant amount of money for the families."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/famil...get-help-from-crowdfunding-campaign-1.2811038

We haven't heard a physical description of the dead shooter.

I do remember first accounts of a skinny guy with long flowing hair .....

accounts of dead shooter being built like a football player from his former employer seem to contrast with the first description given

Yesterday I posted that a pic of the perp had appeared on twitter #Ottawa .. AFAIK it was the first pic of the perp, and was certainly the first pic I had seen prior to MSM picking it up. The account was not MSM so I didn't post a link but had a feeling the account/pic was in support of ISIS, and I wondered where the pic had originated.

Last nite (this morning) I heard on TV that a twitter account that showed bibeau's pic has been shut down.

??? Curious

The picture where he's holding a gun, what looks like a helmut, and what else does he have in his hand ... that photo? What is "shut down" ... a twitter account or the photo is protected? It was all over the news, so I doubt that it is still protected.

What was interesting about the twitter account?

Well, we know the shooter is recorded on a dashcam getting into the driver’s seat of the illegally parked car near the war memorial, and we know that the car was left running and illegally parked outside a Parliament building, so I imagine it was carjacked and the license plates were removed prior to all that (if it was carjacked).

What puzzles me is this ….

"10.18am: A grey Toyota Carolla is found with no front or back license plates. Witnesses claim to have seen two shooters emerge from it."

When and where did witnesses see two ‘shooters’ (perhaps just 'persons'?) emerge from the vehicle?

Please tell me what you think of this video:
Workman just emerged from manhole and witnessed two people ?
one had scarf covering face, other just wearing scarf I believe he is saying

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...au-had-lived-in-montreal-vancouver-and-aylmer

It's really bothering me about the tweets from CTV norma last night...1st said they were searching for the mom. 2nd one said the RCMP had a warrant out for her arrest. Today, I can find no mention of it. It's just a niggling feeling that she is complicit.

I believe when he stopped his car at the War Memorial, a witness thought there was someone else in the car, but that was earlier in the reportings. In the raw footage from Parliament Hill it shows his car leaving the War Memorial, turning left onto Wellington St. and stopping at the Hill. At that time there were three men standing on Wellington who had moved back a bit when they heard the shot on from the WM. As the car pulls up, one of them actually starts to approach it until he realizes it's the shooter and all three men start running for cover. I think it may have first appeared as if that man got out of the car's passenger side. MOO

It's really bothering me about the tweets from CTV norma last night...1st said they were searching for the mom. 2nd one said the RCMP had a warrant out for her arrest. Today, I can find no mention of it. It's just a niggling feeling that she is complicit.

the ''email statement'' seemed poorly composed for someone with her level of education MOO

seemed ''off'' and I am sure powers that be are giving her some scrutiny given her level of influence

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...parliament_hill_attack_ottawa_police_say.html

“He'd be kneeling on a towel in the stairway and you'd have to step around him,” Dave said of Zehaf-Bibeau.

The homeless shelter is a four-storey building on a side-street that opens onto a main thoroughfare. The shelter is an updated heritage building with wood molding on the first-floor wall and grey brickwork on the upper tiers.

Another resident, who gave his name as Tom, said the police removed a large duffel bag Wednesday night. Zehaf-Bibeau, 32, said he came from Alberta, Tom said.

Dave said Zehaf-Bibeau seemed “creepy,” but he didn't have much contact with him.

“There's a lot of people around here with issues that seem creepy sometimes. So he kind of blended in,” said Dave."

Kneeling in a stairway? He's lucky he didn't kill anyone as they tripped over him! In the olden days loony tunes were easy to recognize because they talked to themselves. With cell phones, now everyone walks around talking to themselves. Kneeling in evacuation stairwells sounds like the weirdos that walked down the street talking to their imaginary friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back