Canada - Sentry killed in War Memorial shooting, Ottawa, 22 Oct 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Please tell me what you think of this video:
Workman just emerged from manhole and witnessed two people ?
one had scarf covering face, other just wearing scarf I believe he is saying

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/natio...au-had-lived-in-montreal-vancouver-and-aylmer

Thanks, newone. Very informative. I imagine that police are having this worker sit with a composite artist and get the description into a picture.

(I heard one person with scarf covering head and with a large gun, 2nd person with scarf over mouth and no gun in sight.)

That is unreal Aussie. You guys would know , as watching I am thinking there maybe a dash more mental stuff going on here. How far away from where he carjacked and drove - total time of drive. Cause it struck me as a bit psycotic to carjack a car for a 25 foot drive. He had a jacket on could have just calmed walked there. In fact it seems that decision resulted in a quicker LE response than if he just calmly walked over. Total distance?

Thanks coco36. I must admit it is still very confusing to me .... in newone's post (below), the worker says that the shooter had a scarf covering his head and had a gun, the 2nd person had a scarf just covering his mouth .. and he did not see this 2nd person holding a gun.

In the footage at this Sydney Morning Herald link (which I have only just seen) the 3 men who were near the car when he pulled up at the Parliament buildings look as though they are all dressed in business suits with no scarves or such visible. I cannot see a 2nd scarved person.

Footage of carjacking:
http://www.smh.com.au/world/ottawa-...ms-of-attack-not-her-son-20141024-11awo0.html

So I am wondering, where did the 2nd scarved person go? If the workman was accurate in his observations, which I presume he was as he was speaking very soon after the incident (though observers have been known to be mistaken).

The carjacking footage ^^^ is really interesting, shows him pulling up at the Parliament buildings, hopping out, carjacking the ministerial car, running into the building with police in hot pursuit.

Hi Silly Billy or Billy Silly - so do you -- I was thrilled when I saw you here yesterday. Your humor is dry and witty --ya crack me up. Changing from "registered" to that was like a fleeting 15 second thought ( sometimes my little brain just exhausts me!) I thought that is hysterical spelling profesor!!

30 minutes into broadcast CNN "Gets to" yesterday in Canada - who is their news editor? Yesterday is a far more signfigant story than Ebola. I do not get it-it is bothersome. Nuclear warheads launched , and CNN is doing a Monica L. story lord! 30 min in a 60 min "news" (used only casue I had to!) broadcast.

You have such a way with words Professor :biggrin:

As a mother myself, I feel she seems a little "too detached" from her son. Most moms don't "ignore their sons when they are lost" Plus statement includes her husband...whom she divorced in 1999.

bbm:
hubby charged with assault w/weapon in '87 begs question why wait til 99!

Thanks, newone. Very informative. I imagine that police are having this worker sit with a composite artist and get the description into a picture.

(I heard one person with scarf covering head and with a large gun, 2nd person with scarf over mouth and no gun in sight.)

my gutwrenching thoughts are perhaps he had the knife KWIM
the perp that ran down the two soldiers (killing one) had a knife as well

I have a feeling a far more prounced mental history shall emerge. And we also have to remember he was using PCP at some point in his life (arrest) . Yeh something is peculiar about mom/dad.

How long was the drive from carjacking to pulling in?

bbm:
hubby charged with assault w/weapon in '87 begs question why wait til 99!

Hi Silly Billy or Billy Silly - so do you -- I was thrilled when I saw you here yesterday. Your humor is dry and witty --ya crack me up. Changing from "registered" to that was like a fleeting 15 second thought ( sometimes my little brain just exhausts me!) I thought that is hysterical spelling profesor!!

30 minutes into broadcast CNN "Gets to" yesterday in Canada - who is their news editor? Yesterday is a far more signfigant story than Ebola. I do not get it-it is bothersome. Nuclear warheads launched , and CNN is doing a Monica L. story lord! 30 min in a 60 min "news" (used only casue I had to!) broadcast.

O/T...

:silly: Okay, CARIIS.... I am rolling here from your siggy under your avatar...

What a HOOT!

:laughcry:

Carry on....

Great find, Professor CARIIS!!! :cheer:

That photo is linked to an article that gives the Twitter account ... which is now suspended (not just closed ... but suspended ... "Account suspended
The profile you are trying to view has been suspended. To return to your home timeline, click here").

"Early Tuesday afternoon, @V_IMS, a French-language pro-ISIS social media account posted a grainy photo that was allegedly of the Ottawa shooter."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/1...ec-was-repeatedly-brought-in-on-drug-charges/

That is unreal Aussie. You guys would know , as watching I am thinking there maybe a dash more mental stuff going on here. How far away from where he carjacked and drove - total time of drive. Cause it struck me as a bit psycotic to carjack a car for a 25 foot drive. He had a jacket on could have just calmed walked there. In fact it seems that decision resulted in a quicker LE response than if he just calmly walked over. Total distance?

bbm:

a -- there was a lot of yelling at the time of the shooting (haven't heard if he was yelling or not -- )
b-- drug use? ((no toxicology screen being announced etc))
c-- he said something to the driver of the ministerial car....(has not yet been reported what that was) it would be interesting if he actually was asking for a lift and driver said hell no! and bailed as per security protocols .... no one has reported on anything that the shooter may have said yesterday -- I find that interesting at this point.

When one sees these headlines, it doesn't really look like Canadians are the fools that Hollywood comedy portrays. Perhaps it's time for Canadians to make buffoons of the US President who has now twice had a loony tune running across the lawn into his house. Sheesh ... can't get much worse than that ... in Canada and the US ... people with mental illness trying to murder country leaders.

I think Canada is ready for whatever a lonely man in the desert has to say through film-making and coercion.

What is wrong with those people in the Middle East that buy into ISIL is that they apparently can't think for themselves? What's this radical thing that means holding a camera while a lunatic cuts of the head of an international AID worker from London whose day job is taxi driver. This is not a religious group, but rather a group of lunatics.

Attachments

• CanadaLifeGoesOn - Copy.jpg
    CanadaLifeGoesOn - Copy.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 12
  • CanadaLifeGoesOn2 - Copy.jpg
    CanadaLifeGoesOn2 - Copy.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 12
Luv ya all back! I got the PCP from arrest - I know we could say maybe he only was dealing but kinda trust me (not personal exp! had worked with addicts!) they tend to sell what they use!! Kinda like a the head of a Ford delaership not driving a Saturn!!!

, he had been convicted of possessing PCP in December 2004 and received a 60-day prison sentence. He received an additional one-day sentence for possessing marijuana, a

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/22/michael-zehaf-bibeau-ottawa-shooting_n_6030546.html

bbm:

a -- there was a lot of yelling at the time of the shooting (haven't heard if he was yelling or not -- )
b-- drug use? ((no toxicology screen being announced etc))

You are totally correct. The distance is very short...certainly no more than 200 yards/metres. It does seem silly to have highjacked the car. I'm guessing it was because he wasn't thinking straight and was making it up as he went along, already losing touch with reality.

I think that everyone will do everything possible to ensure that everyone is safe while preserving the normal way of life.

All the fear about cameras on every corner, is that really a fear? When you think about it, cameras on every corner is a bit like religion with the belief that God sees everything you do. Will cameras really make a difference?

Oh,Otto - do not flatter us - people are jumping over the white house fence is a very regular occurance. The guy who got in, a couple of weeks back was cruising around with a machete in his car, had talked wiht LE, and it did not register, to anyone,- that something might be amiss - a machette ---its 2014---knock knock!

You folks are far more sane -

Who was accidentally flattered?

I have read all the debates about the right to carry a kirpan ... what's it called again ... a machete? Anyway, political correctness dictated allowing for religious relics, and for Muslims that apparently means carrying a kirpan under clothing ... and no one should ask what is poking out of the smock. Soccer should allow turbins ... never mind the obvious health and overheating death ratio. That aside, I'm not in favour of a group of women wearing black drapes from head to toe accompanied by one man. I find that disturbing. I'm not in favour of anyone carrying a kirpan machete in the name of religion.

CKUA ... listen live

http://www.ckua.com/

... in the pop up window click the green play triangle.

Canadians are a live and let live society.

I was being funny about the flattery!
Interesting SKY news

He was not on the watch list
Mom had not seen him in 5 years (more and more mental illiness stuff - psychotics are hard to deal with !)

his email address was on a known terrorist involved indivudual

go back and look at the car jacking video . When the car pulls up to the curb really fast it was strange some guy on the sidewalk walked up to the car - I think if a car came barreling in I would go the opposite direction? It was almost IMO, like he "knew" (i.e waiting for someone you know to pull up) speculative but strange IMO

I just went down to watch it again, it is not the same shot, Sky news played it I will see if I can find it - it would be neat to see if it stikes you guys as odd.

Found it on this one , and the guy narrating says it too - the guy DID go up to the car ???

At 1:47
http://www.australiaplus.com/intern...ps-applaud-sergeantatarms-who-shot-in/1382487

CKUA ... listen live

http://www.ckua.com/

... in the pop up window click the green play triangle.

My son in law is Canadian Military. I've always been proud of him. He's so laid back when off duty, as he should be.

How does the fact that there has been a threat of an external terrorist attack in Canada change how members of a Canadian military views "home", and "on leave". I mean, for the first time in a long time, the Canadian military is viewing home territory as a potential war zone. That must be a baffling switch flip.

My son in law is Canadian Military. I've always been proud of him. He's so laid back when off duty, as he should be.

How does the fact that there has been a threat of an external terrorist attack in Canada change how members of a Canadian military views "home", and "on leave". I mean, for the first time in a long time, the Canadian military is viewing home territory as a potential war zone. That must be a baffling switch flip.

Us, too, otto. Our defence force has been advised to think about where/when they should wear their uniforms ... our cadets have been told not to wear their uniforms in public. All due to the (foiled-for-now) plot to behead random Australians on the street, and several attacks on soldiers in our country.

I hate that our defence force is being driven 'underground' in everyday life. We are proud of them, and they should have the right to feel our pride each and every day. But I also understand our need to protect each individual from harm in their own country.

It is a horrible situation. :(

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...acked-by-men-in-sydney-nsw-police-say/5769874
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-terrorism-fears/story-fni0fit3-1227083143149

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back