CANADA Canada - Serial animal killer on the loose in London Ontario? - Dec. 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've added the Orangeville incidents to the case map.

I don't think they are related though. They both occurred in a very localized area, including someone's driveway. This is not consistent with the London area cases as the animals there were found in public or commercial places.There had been another incident mentioned in the Orangeville news articles that a cat was thrown out of a car window by some teens. I think there is a group of teens who think it's "funny" to shock people.
Thanks for adding.

The deer was purposefully left in a residential yard, but the rabbit was left at the back fenceline of a schoolyard.

Fwiw, LE said they did not believe the cat incident and the rabbit incident were related.

I would like to know how the rabbit was "posed". Are there any pictures of this crime?

I believe the snakes in London were found in a woman's private yard (but it was near a bus stop). Unless my reading retention is declining, which could be the case!

Okay, I have added the additional details and marked the Orangeville incidents as "outside area."

Sunday March 15, 2015: Two coyotes found at Western University entrance near the river in London.

Monday March 16, 2015: Two headless coyotes found near McGuffin Hills Drive, Parkhill.

Friday March 20, 2015: Two coyotes found in Ailsa Craig near McEwan Drive and New Ontario Road.

Monday Feb 22, 2016: Two skinned, beheaded coyotes found near Clarke Rd. and Trafalgar in London.

Sunday July 24, 2016: skinned cat found in Springbank Park, London.

(Outside area) Monday Aug 15, 2016: dead baby deer, dressed up with a red kerchief and Tim Horton's cowboy hat left on a mini bike in a driveway on Dawson Rd., Orangeville.

(Outside area) Monday Sept 12, 2016: decapitated rabbit posed and surrounded by sticks found in schoolyard at Parkinson Centennial Public school in Orangeville

Friday Sept 16, 2016: 11 dead pythons found in London, location not given.

Friday Dec 16, 2016: skinned, beheaded dog, with organs removed, found in parking lot near Adelaide & Lorne Ave, just north of Dufferin, in London.

Also found: a bunny at Western, and mallards in old south. I could not find dates for these.

My first impression was that the Orangeville incidents were not related, given the distance (about 2.5 hours away). But given the timing, I think it is worth including them.

It would be nice to hear from Dr. Arntfield about a possible profile for the perp beyond what has been stated. Would he be a loner or in a relationship? What type of personality? Age? Etc.

Okay, I have added the additional details and marked the Orangeville incidents as "outside area."

Sunday March 15, 2015: Two coyotes found at Western University entrance near the river in London.

Monday March 16, 2015: Two headless coyotes found near McGuffin Hills Drive, Parkhill.

Friday March 20, 2015: Two coyotes found in Ailsa Craig near McEwan Drive and New Ontario Road.

Monday Feb 22, 2016: Two skinned, beheaded coyotes found near Clarke Rd. and Trafalgar in London.

(Outside area) Monday Aug 15, 2016: dead baby deer, dressed up with a red kerchief and Tim Horton's cowboy hat left on a mini bike in a driveway on Dawson Rd., Orangeville.

(Outside area) Monday Sept 12, 2016: decapitated rabbit posed and surrounded by sticks found in schoolyard at Parkinson Centennial Public school in Orangeville

Friday Sept 16, 2016: 11 dead pythons found in London, location not given.

Friday Dec 16, 2016: skinned, beheaded dog, with organs removed, found in parking lot near Adelaide & Lorne Ave, just north of Dufferin, in London.

Also found: a bunny at Western, and mallards in old south. I could not find dates for these.

The mallards were found in September 2015 in Wortley Village in Old South. (according to an earlier post by Vanessa)

On my list, but not on yours (and, in my opinion, are more likely to be related than the Orangeville episodes, since they are in the rural cachement area north/NW of London):

1) Saturday January 16 2016: 3 dogs found shot in the head. Found in a conservation area northwest of Exeter lying grouped together in a ditch (~100m from Parr Line & Rodgerville Rd.)

2) February 2016: puppy wandering near Lucan shot 19x by a pellet gun. Survived.

Thanks for adding.

The deer was purposefully left in a residential yard, but the rabbit was left at the back fenceline of a schoolyard.

Fwiw, LE said they did not believe the cat incident and the rabbit incident were related.

I would like to know how the rabbit was "posed". Are there any pictures of this crime?

I believe the snakes in London were found in a woman's private yard (but it was near a bus stop). Unless my reading retention is declining, which could be the case!

Not quite. According to the news article the snakes were found "outside her quiet co-op housing complex near Victoria Hospital". I presume the co-op complex is a group of low-rise apartments or townhouses that would all share a garbage disposal area beside a large parking lot.

The more I think about it, the more I am wondering if the snakes and the mallards had anything to do with the coyote/dog/mutilated cat killings. Both the snakes and the mallards were found in residential areas. The coyotes/dog/cat were found in commercial/public spaces off busy roads, with easy access from the north side of London. Even the animals found on Western's campus were in a green space accessible by the public and easy access from the north. Someone from outside of London would know of and likely have passed by these places and they provide easy in-and-out access and could be on the way to a destination in London.

Wortley Village and a residential area near the hospital (and Verulam St.) are all places that out-of-towners wouldn't likely find themselves. I think the perp for the snakes and birds (both not done in the winter) is from London.

I have to do more thinking on this. :thinking:.

ETA: There are no Beer Stores in Lucan, Ailsa Craig or Parkhill. People who live in that area would have to drive north to Exeter, NW to Grand Bend, east to St Marys, or south to London. Of course if they were driving to London solely/primarily to pick up beer they would likely stop at a Beer Store at the very north end, as opposed to the two Beer Stores where the dead animals were found.

Beer, beer, beer.

Did I mention that both the skinned dog and the skinned coyote pair were both found right near a Beer Store? Of course we knew that the dog had been found right in the parking lot by one, but, the coyotes were said to be found behind the Metro grocery store on Clarke Rd. Well there happens to be a Beer Store in that same plaza. The perp likely drove right beside it to go behind the plaza to dump the carcasses.
:waitasec:

Likely just a random coincidence....but who knows??

Maybe he is a beer store delivery truck driver?

Sent from my 5017O using Tapatalk

Added some stuff:

September 2015: Mallards found in Wortley Village (old south) with beaks snapped placed in a circle.

Saturday January 16, 2016: 3 dogs found shot in the head. Found in a conservation area northwest of Exeter lying grouped together in a ditch (~100m from Parr Line & Rodgerville Rd.)

February 2016: puppy wandering near Lucan shot 19x by a pellet gun. Survived.

Monday Feb 22, 2016: Two skinned, beheaded coyotes found near Clarke Rd. and Trafalgar behind a Metro grocery store (beer store in same plaza) in London.

Friday Sept 16, 2016: 11 dead pythons found in London, outside a quiet co-op housing complex near Victoria Hospital.

Tues Sept 20, 2016: 11 wires photographed on Verulam between Sandringham and Creston

Friday Dec 16, 2016: skinned, beheaded dog, with organs removed, found in parking lot near Adelaide & Lorne Ave, just north of Dufferin, near a beer store, in London.

Also found: a bunny at Western.

I can't decide if it would be more disturbing if this was all the work of one person, or multiple unrelated people. What is going on here?

This whole thing is sooooo scary. I can't stop checking my locks and I will never let my border collie out in the backyard any more without me. Thanks to all the posts and for keeping me updated.

This whole thing is sooooo scary. I can't stop checking my locks and I will never let my border collie out in the backyard any more without me. Thanks to all the posts and for keeping me updated.

Welcome to Ws Nads1730!

Coyotes, dogs, cats, deer, rabbits and even mallards could be caught with traps or shot before mutilation but eleven pythons aren't roaming wild or strays. Someone owned those snakes and either sold them or gave them to someone else. Who?

How big were these pythons? Big enough to eat a small dog, a baby deer or a cat? Is this someone trying to feed his python collection dead things which were rejected, so he killed the snakes?

Not too mention, pythons are not cheap. Who would buy them just to kill them?

The humane society stated the cause of death to be neglect. If so, I would guess they are unrelated to the other incidents.

The humane society stated the cause of death to be neglect. If so, I would guess they are unrelated to the other incidents.

Which animal(s) is this in reference to? TIA

Professor Mike Arntfield was kind enough to share some of his thoughts with me and is comfortable with me passing them along here.

Regarding his profile of the perpetrator:
He said that the offender, based on the forensic literature, is likely a teenaged or early adult (but socially and sexually impeded) male still experimenting with preparatory paraphilias and discovering a disordered and sadistic sexual identity. He likely lives in a rural area (based on the early crimes that are usually the most revelatory of the offender's routine and lifestyle, in this case exotic animals being trapped) and has someone in his family who is an experienced hunter who has taught him some basics.

He does not believe the offender has a specific connection to Western.

He is confident that all the cases identified in the recent news articles are connected, other than the goose the Humane Society has now excluded following a detailed and professional necropsy. He believes there are likely to be other false positives as the matter gains increased attention though.

He said that LPS has not been super keen to recognize the case for what it is, although they have now assigned an investigator to the case. Dr. Arntfield believes that the general consensus in the LPS is that the cases aren't all related.

I wonder if jurisdictional 'issues' come into play here as well, as the initial rural incidents would fall under the auspices of the OPP.

He does not believe the group of 3 dogs shot near Exeter are related to this case as there was no sign of a desire to mutilate.

He also said that some of the incidents, like the bunny, were downplayed at the time, so as not to give undo attention to the offender.

I have no doubt we will be hearing more from Mike Arntfield in the media on this topic! This case concerns him. I've noticed that, between this case and other previous cases, he's not afraid to put some media pressure on LE if he thinks they're not doing enough. (And this even though he used to work for the LPS.)

I really appreciate Dr. Arntfield taking the time to share his views and insights with us.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back