GUILTY Canada - Shannon Burgess, 25, Calgary, 26 Nov 2014 - #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have. It's clear from the first reports that Shannon was last seen at her home at 12:30AM on Nov 27 by her husband. No one ... not a single person on this forum ... has ever questioned whether Josh is the family member who last saw his wife at home that night ... until now. The violins are playing as we once again ponder the plight of poor Josh, and question how the sad little man could be presumed to be the last person to see his wife in the middle of the night at their home.

My question was not if he had seen her or not or what time he saw her. My question was if it had been officially stated that it was him who said he saw her at 12:30 am or if someone else had said they saw her at 12:30 am. I have now seen where it states it was in fact him who said he saw her.

As for the rest of your post, that's not true at all. If you have been following this case from the beginning on here you would know that I have a personal connection to the Madill family and I said from day 1 I believed he killed her and she wasn't just off somewhere. I have family members who are hurting from this loss. There is absolutely no violins or oh poor Josh here.

joshua-burgess-online-dating.png

Still cannot get over the audacity or is it stupidity, of J carrying on like this after Shannon went " missing ."
If any of the women happened to be an overnight guest at the house, one would imagine they must be feeling sick to their stomach now, or perhaps even feeling they got " lucky", the other kind of lucky, imo.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...site-while-actress-wife-was-missing-1.3141530

"In the months after his wife's disappearance, Burgess would also frequent the 7-Eleven convenience store two blocks from his home.

According to a staff member, who didn't want to be identified, Burgess often brought what appeared to be a new girlfriend. The two would be very affectionate while waiting in line, kissing and holding hands, according to the employee."

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/0...ion-into-shannon-madill-burgess-disappearance

Murder suspect Joshua Burgess was eyed early in investigation into Shannon Madill Burgess' disappearance 20

By Damien Wood, Calgary Sun
First posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 10:43 PM MDT | Updated: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 08:04 AM MDT

Murder suspect Joshua Burgess and his wife, murder victim Shannon Madill Burgess, were seeing other people when she vanished without a trace, only to be found dead at the pair’s home seven months later.

They were in an open relationship and in the wake of the victim’s disappearance, at least one of the people she was dating was interviewed by police twice, the Sun has learned.

Sources say in addition to questions about alibis from those being interviewed, the question was asked then whether it was believed Joshua might be capable of hurting his wife.

It was also asked whether Shannon was likely to up and leave — something family later said was possible.

Police have said a search of the home was done then but last Thursday they returned with a warrant to search again, finding the 25-year-old woman’s body and arresting her 29-year-old husband.

Joshua is now charged with second-degree murder.

Both of their online dating profiles remain up on the website OKCupid.

They both list themselves as being in open relationships.

The Sun has learned it’s a direction their marriage had taken over the last couple of years with both Joshua and Shannon seeing other people.

It is believed the open relationship was something they had some difficulties with — difficulties they appeared to be trying to work through.

Monday evening, Shannon’s sister Erin Madill told the Sun her family has only recently become aware of the nature of the pair’s relationship.

She could not comment beyond that but said the family was “devastated by this tragedy.”

She called her sister a sweet, quirky, loving, passionate, generous soul.

“(Shannon) was so funny and creative. Not only did she enjoy life to the fullest but she was able to show you how to come along on that journey,” Madill said.

“She did as much volunteer work as she could fit in and donated to the blood bank, SPCA, and children in need.

“She was fearless and savoured life which makes her absence more tragic.”

We don't know either way, for sure, what time he last saw her alive. As far as I'm concerned, his claim that he last saw her alive at 12:30am on Nov 27th is up there with heresay, and is not any kind of fact. Nobody can corroborate if this is true or not. Most people don't take the word of an accused murdered. While it may be a fact that he told this info to LE/her family, it doesn't make it a fact that he did actually last see her alive at 12:30am, IMO. His credibility was sorta shot due to the fact that he killed her and hid her body for 7 months, I would say. IMO

Until someone else comes forward to state that Shannon was last seen alive at a later time, I'm prepared to accept that Josh last saw her alive at 12:30AM. I understand that others will assume that she was seen alive at a later time, which is fine with me.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/0...ion-into-shannon-madill-burgess-disappearance

Murder suspect Joshua Burgess was eyed early in investigation into Shannon Madill Burgess' disappearance 20

By Damien Wood, Calgary Sun
First posted: Monday, July 06, 2015 10:43 PM MDT | Updated: Tuesday, July 07, 2015 08:04 AM MDT

Murder suspect Joshua Burgess and his wife, murder victim Shannon Madill Burgess, were seeing other people when she vanished without a trace, only to be found dead at the pair’s home seven months later.

They were in an open relationship and in the wake of the victim’s disappearance, at least one of the people she was dating was interviewed by police twice, the Sun has learned.

Sources say in addition to questions about alibis from those being interviewed, the question was asked then whether it was believed Joshua might be capable of hurting his wife.

It was also asked whether Shannon was likely to up and leave — something family later said was possible.

Police have said a search of the home was done then but last Thursday they returned with a warrant to search again, finding the 25-year-old woman’s body and arresting her 29-year-old husband.

Joshua is now charged with second-degree murder.

Both of their online dating profiles remain up on the website OKCupid.

They both list themselves as being in open relationships.

The Sun has learned it’s a direction their marriage had taken over the last couple of years with both Joshua and Shannon seeing other people.

It is believed the open relationship was something they had some difficulties with — difficulties they appeared to be trying to work through.

Monday evening, Shannon’s sister Erin Madill told the Sun her family has only recently become aware of the nature of the pair’s relationship.

She could not comment beyond that but said the family was “devastated by this tragedy.”

She called her sister a sweet, quirky, loving, passionate, generous soul.

“(Shannon) was so funny and creative. Not only did she enjoy life to the fullest but she was able to show you how to come along on that journey,” Madill said.

“She did as much volunteer work as she could fit in and donated to the blood bank, SPCA, and children in need.

“She was fearless and savoured life which makes her absence more tragic.”

Ah, the Sun. Solid journalism:

They'd been married for just under 7 months when she disappeared, not years, so this sentence is completely wrong and misleading.

So very very sorry for your and your family's loss, Debsy. What a sad and sobering reminder that there are really sick, evil people in our world......those we think we know, those we love and trust, and they can turn on a dime. So many of us were hoping that maybe like the free-spirit she was, she'd made the choice to leave on her own, for new adventures elsewhere. What a loss. It's really very heartbreaking.

My question was not if he had seen her or not or what time he saw her. My question was if it had been officially stated that it was him who said he saw her at 12:30 am or if someone else had said they saw her at 12:30 am. I have now seen where it states it was in fact him who said he saw her.

As for the rest of your post, that's not true at all. If you have been following this case from the beginning on here you would know that I have a personal connection to the Madill family and I said from day 1 I believed he killed her and she wasn't just off somewhere. I have family members who are hurting from this loss. There is absolutely no violins or oh poor Josh here.

Until someone else comes forward to state that Shannon was last seen alive at a later time, I'm prepared to accept that Josh last saw her alive at 12:30AM. I understand that others will assume that she was seen alive at a later time, which is fine with me.

Are we allowed to not make assumptions? I know that several of us prefer shades of gray over black and white :)

My apologies ... I did not remember that you knew the victim.

Given that you have been following this discussion here since the beginning, I know that you are aware of the fact that there have been many efforts to provide excuses and explanations for the suspect. Personally, I have found it difficult to navigate the numerous comments that seek to distance the suspect from the murder. I interpreted the question of whether Josh was indeed the last person to report seeing Shannon alive as another attempt to distance him from the murder.

[video=youtube;znXwm4qSGVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znXwm4qSGVc[/video]

Josh's lawyer, Allan Fay, is also defending Matthew de Grood, who murdered five students at a party in April 2014 (I knew I recognized his name from somewhere).

Josh's lawyer, Allan Fay, is also defending Matthew de Grood, who murdered five students at a party in April 2014 (I knew I recognized his name from somewhere).
Fay is also a former Crown Prosecutor and a darned good Criminal Defense lawyer... You can bet if Inspector Doug De Grood retained him for his son, he is definitely one of the city's best... Also one of the most expensive.

Online profile of accused killer Joshua Burgess raises more questions
July 7, 2015

screen-shot-2015-07-06-at-1-09-50-pm.png

Snipped...
...Burgess’s OkCupid profile states that he’s in an “open-relationship,” seeking “short-term dating” and in the questions section, where users answer a series of compatibility questions, Burgess answered “yes” to “Have you ever been suicidal?” and “yes- severely” to “Have you ever experienced mental illness?”

Read more: http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/14...burgess-online-profiles-raise-more-questions/

I dont know where anyone would get the impression that people on this board were sympathising with or making excuses for JB. I believe most people were highly suspicious of JB not just because he was the last person reported to have seen her, because he was her husband and because he and Shannon were apparently in the process of separating, but because his behaviour was HIGHLY suspect given he didnt alert anyone to her disappearance and dragged his feet when Shannons family eventually raised concerns for her welfare. He was the most obvious and popular candidate from the outset!

As for her family, I always just assmed they were 'playing dumb'/feigning ignorance, possibly at the request of LE, to put their main suspect JB at ease. If a subject beleives he/she has escaped suspicion, (and that theyre probably not under surveilance), they become complacent, more relaxed about covering their tracks and more liikely to mess up...... in some instances even lead LE straight to the body (as in another case Im aware of where this tactic was employed).
I think the silence from the family after the initial PR suggests they knew exactly what was going on in as far as JBs involvment and were patiently waiting for LE to quietly gather evidence and undertake their investigation including surveilance.

argh, that profile...
Ok, you like frogurt and creative projects, we get it!
Never seen a more embarrassing self conscious attempt to appear nerdy hipster.
Doubt he saw much action from this offeringl....and if so, who ARE these women!!!??

ETA depending on when they were added, could the details included on this profile relating to JBs claimed drug use and mental illness be his attempt at creating some kind of defense?
It seems strange that the profile and its contents are still available online and even stranger that one would use such admissions to attract a potential date!.

ETA depending on when they were added, could the details included on this profile relating to JBs claimed drug use and mental illness be his attempt at creating some kind of defense?
It seems strange that the profile and its contents are still available online and even stranger that one would use such admissions to attract a potential date!.

Hi Elsie, I see where he admitted in his profile that he 'sometimes' uses drugs, but where in the profile did he make any kind of reference to or admission of mental illness? Thanks.

ETA: Disregard question above, duh. I see the 'snipped' part of his profile that you included. Wowsers. Who would ever admit on any kind of dating profile to have had a history of having been seriously suicidal? Would be curious to know when the last time was that he revised his profile............yes, could this have been intentionally answered this way to later be used as a defense if needed?

Hi Elsie, I see where he admitted in his profile that he 'sometimes' uses drugs, but where in the profile did he make any kind of reference to or admission of mental illness? Thanks.

ETA: Disregard question above, duh. I see the 'snipped' part of his profile that you included. Wowsers. Who would ever admit on any kind of dating profile to have had a history of having been seriously suicidal? Would be curious to know when the last time was that he revised his profile............yes, could this have been intentionally answered this way to later be used as a defense if needed?

Regarding that, interesting comment under the news article here: http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/07/07/...arance?token=7329f5112d02fcd1c83ed1084676793f

(See comment posted about 1h ago by user Prudence. Rumor, obviously.)

Given that the family has ties to LE, I suspect that they knew early on that homicide was suspected and asked to remain somewhat silent.

My apologies ... I did not remember that you knew the victim.

Given that you have been following this discussion here since the beginning, I know that you are aware of the fact that there have been many efforts to provide excuses and explanations for the suspect. Personally, I have found it difficult to navigate the numerous comments that seek to distance the suspect from the murder. I interpreted the question of whether Josh was indeed the last person to report seeing Shannon alive as another attempt to distance him from the murder.

[video=youtube;znXwm4qSGVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znXwm4qSGVc[/video]

No however I do think that the time last seen should be someone who saw her other then JB. Like her friends who saw her leave Edmonton.

Fay is also a former Crown Prosecutor and a darned good Criminal Defense lawyer... You can bet if Inspector Doug De Grood retained him for his son, he is definitely one of the city's best... Also one of the most expensive.

Poor KCR can't afford him.

I dont know where anyone would get the impression that people on this board were sympathising with or making excuses for JB. I believe most people were highly suspicious of JB not just because he was the last person reported to have seen her, because he was her husband and because he and Shannon were apparently in the process of separating, but because his behaviour was HIGHLY suspect given he didnt alert anyone to her disappearance and dragged his feet when Shannons family eventually raised concerns for her welfare. He was the most obvious and popular candidate from the outset!

As for her family, I always just assmed they were 'playing dumb'/feigning ignorance, possibly at the request of LE, to put their main suspect JB at ease. If a subject beleives he/she has escaped suspicion, (and that theyre probably not under surveilance), they become complacent, more relaxed about covering their tracks and more liikely to mess up...... in some instances even lead LE straight to the body (as in another case Im aware of where this tactic was employed).
I think the silence from the family after the initial PR suggests they knew exactly what was going on in as far as JBs involvment and were patiently waiting for LE to quietly gather evidence and undertake their investigation including surveilance.

Ah, coherence... thank you :)

Can't help but wonder if the failing brakes on the car was an attempt at murder with the highway speed between the two major cities in AB. Wonder if the lines were cut. Wonder if LE could prove that too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiousXladybug99
Back