CANADA Canada - Shannon White, 32, missed work, left pet, Kamloops, BC, 1 Nov 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any recent developments?

Based on what I've read in the posts and links in this thread it seems logical to assume Shannon's intended destination the morning she disappeared was her job at Kamloops Hyundai. Based on what we know so far, she wasn't seen there and she didn't call work to request the day off.

On the day she disappeared her landlord said Shannon left her apartment at the usual time, and drove off in the usual direction towards her workplace. IMO this would indicate Shannon was following a typical routine she used on a workday.

Unfortunately we don't have any information or confirmed sightings of Shannon after this time.

Since Shannon left her apartment at the usual workday time, rather than leaving earlier, it seems unlikely she planned to meet with someone while on the way to work. If her workday started at 8:30AM then any planned meeting before work would have to be brief.

If I remember correctly someone said Shannon sometimes stopped for coffee on the way to work. If she stopped for coffee that day, or perhaps stopped at a local gas station, would it be possible she had an unplanned encounter with someone?

If Shannon stopped at a local business that morning after leaving her apartment then hopefully the RCMP would have access to security video. AFAIK no video has been officially released by the RCMP so far.

There were confirmed sightings of Shannon's Jeep on area highways after she was last seen, but do we know if Shannon was actually driving the Jeep at those times?

Undoubtedly the RCMP examined her parked Jeep after it was parked on Nicola Street the following day. Do we know if anything suspicious was found in the Jeep? Were Shannon's fingerprints found in the Jeep or had it been wiped clean?

Have there been any updates from the RCMP regarding the trailer search a couple of months ago?

Since this is an active investigation I'm sure the RCMP can't release all of the information it has regarding Shannon's disappearance.

Moo...think the police will wait for spring and the snow to melt. A friend of mine moved from coast to interior, he says lots of sketchy transients lots of thieving... especially trucks. And this year with the hwys closed a lot of transient people basically trapped and desperate. But i believe it is thought to be someone she knew. Moo

Since this is an active investigation I'm sure the RCMP can't release all of the information it has regarding Shannon's disappearance.
RSBM

RCMP can be very cryptic when they choose, but I notice this statement at the end of the press release about the areas out of town that the vehicle is known to have travelled:

"The more people out looking for Shannon in these areas the better."

Considering the vehicle was driven back to town 45 minutes later (each time), I think police are telling the public they don't believe it was Shannon driving.

Kamloops RCMP - Shannon White investigation: Jeep also observed northbound

JMO

RSBM

RCMP can be very cryptic when they choose, but I notice this statement at the end of the press release about the areas out of town that the vehicle is known to have travelled:

"The more people out looking for Shannon in these areas the better."

Considering the vehicle was driven back to town 45 minutes later (each time), I think police are telling the public they don't believe it was Shannon driving.

Kamloops RCMP - Shannon White investigation: Jeep also observed northbound

JMO

What RCMP has not been forthcoming with is what they found during the search of the ex boyfriend's trailer and vehicle. I am sure they have a very good reason to keep that confidential, but I for one would be very interested to know they discovered.

Agreed, any new ground searches for Shannon may have to wait until spring arrives.

The RCMP, and LE in general, have a fine line to walk in these MP cases. Typically LE welcomes and encourages assistance from the general public, but they also can't release every piece of information they have since it could jeopardize the MP and the entire case/investigation in general. Frustrating for the general public, but necessary in many cases.

I also would like to know details of what was found, if anything, in the trailer belonging to Shannon's former boyfriend. MSM reported the RCMP searched the trailer for an extended period of time, but no details were released to the general public AFAIK.

Three months later, no sign of Shannon White - Kamloops This Week

More than three months since the disappearance of Kamloops resident Shannon White, police continue to investigate potential leads.

“Shannon White has yet to be located. The investigation into her disappearance is ongoing,” Kamloops RCMP Const. Crystal Evelyn told KTW.

No new information from the RCMP has been released since the first few weeks of the investigation.

With the onset of spring bringing snow melt over the next few weeks, Evelyn said police are asking the public to keep an eye out for any clues that may assist the investigation.

“When the snow comes, it buries a bunch of stuff, so you never know what’s going to be a clue in an investigation like this,” Evelyn said, suggesting people take stock of anything they think might be helpful.

“Usually trust your spider sense, I always tell people,” she said.

As for where police are focused on for the retrieval of possible clues, Evelyn suggested all areas.

“Just wherever you’re out and about,” she said. “You never know where that clue is going to be found or what that clue is going to be.”

By Nov. 10, Kamloops Search and Rescue and the RCMP were searching for White in the wilderness west of Kamloops, off Highway 1, and north of the city off Highway 5, including in Heffley Creek, by Nov. 15.

Police also had a presence in the Silver Sage Trailer Court off Highway 5 in the days after White disappeared as officers searched the travel trailer of White’s ex-boyfriend. White’s friends have told KTW the two had a tumultuous relationship and breakup about a year earlier.

Police cleared the trailer court by Nov. 16, and, to date, no charges have been laid in connection to White’s disappearance, Evelyn said.

After weeks of searching, Kamloops Search and Rescue ended its involvement on Nov. 21 due the unlikelihood of finding anything with winter approaching.

Asked if any additional RCMP searches have been held recently or are planned for the future, Evelyn said police are still looking for White and will assess further investigative avenues, including any subsequent searches going forward.

Evelyn noted that multiple public searches organized via social media have also taken place and encouraged people to participate in any additional public searches in the future.

@Steve McQueen , thank you for the update. Shannon's disappearance has gone quiet in recent months, plus the winter weather likely makes it difficult to conduct searches in that area.

AFAIK the RCMP has not revealed any new information.

Police also had a presence in the Silver Sage Trailer Court off Highway 5 in the days after White disappeared as officers searched the travel trailer of White’s ex-boyfriend. White’s friends have told KTW the two had a tumultuous relationship and breakup about a year earlier.
The use of "tumultuous relationship" is very concerning here. I'm still curious to know what was discovered, if anything, when they searched his trailer in November.

I'm also curious to know if phone records showed possible contact between Shannon and her ex-BF in the weeks before she went missing.

Bumping for Shannon on her birthday. Praying wherever she is, she is brought home soon.
Agreed. Shannon has been missing far too long.

I haven't seen anything new in this case for some time. RCMP hasn't released any new information AFAIK, and winter weather makes location searches difficult.

Do we know if the RCMP ever released forensics information regarding Shannon's Jeep? Were any fingerprints found or had it been wiped clean?

Also, when Shannon's Jeep was seen on the local highways after she disappeared, would the general direction of the vehicle lead toward, or away from, her ex-BF's trailer?

Do we know if the RCMP ever released forensics information regarding Shannon's Jeep? Were any fingerprints found or had it been wiped clean?

Also, when Shannon's Jeep was seen on the local highways after she disappeared, would the general direction of the vehicle lead toward, or away from, her ex-BF's trailer?

As far as I know nothing has been released publicly regarding the forensics on her jeep or from the search of the ex-BF's trailer at the Silver Sage trailer park.

Both ventures out of town were away from the ex-BF's trailer. West of town in the AM and north of town in the PM.

Google Maps

@Steve McQueen, thanks for the confirmation on this. Without more information from the RCMP regarding Shannon's Jeep and the search conducted at her ex-BF's trailer, and also with the winter weather stopping ground searches in the area, there's not much we can do in Shannon's case except to review the information we already have.

With what we know so far, it makes no sense logically that Shannon would prepare for work that day, then at the last moment change her mind, not to go to work, drive her Jeep out of town, then later drive it back into town, park it on Nicola St., and then disappear willingly. Based on what we know so far of Shannon from interviews and various MSM stories, these actions would be out of character for her IMO.

I believe we're missing some key information about the events taking place after she left the driveway of her apartment.

@Steve McQueen, thanks for the confirmation on this. Without more information from the RCMP regarding Shannon's Jeep and the search conducted at her ex-BF's trailer, and also with the winter weather stopping ground searches in the area, there's not much we can do in Shannon's case except to review the information we already have.

With what we know so far, it makes no sense logically that Shannon would prepare for work that day, then at the last moment change her mind, not to go to work, drive her Jeep out of town, then later drive it back into town, park it on Nicola St., and then disappear willingly. Based on what we know so far of Shannon from interviews and various MSM stories, these actions would be out of character for her IMO.

I believe we're missing some key information about the events taking place after she left the driveway of her apartment.

I think the consensus opinion is that she was headed to work and someone entered her vehicle either at her usual coffee shop stop or at the parking lot of Kamloop's Hyundai, her work site. MOO

Missing Kamloops woman's 33rd birthday inspires acts of kindness | iNFOnews | Thompson-Okanagan's News Source

Here's an article about how Shannon's friends are trying to make something positive out of this tragedy on her birthday.

"A childhood friend of a missing Kamloops woman wanted to celebrate Shannon White's 33rd birthday yesterday with random acts of kindness and she hopes to make it an annual event.

The Acts of Kindness event was held via social media yesterday, Feb. 21, according to White's friend Susie Meszaros. A candlelight vigil was also held in Kamloops."

I think the consensus opinion is that she was headed to work and someone entered her vehicle either at her usual coffee shop stop or at the parking lot of Kamloop's Hyundai, her work site. MOO
@Steve McQueen , I'm inclined to agree with you.

I've been wondering the same thing: why would she apparently plan to go to work, leave for work at the usual time, drive off in the general direction towards work, and then suddenly change her plans? Even if she did change her mind about going to work for some reason, IMO Shannon would likely have called in to work to let them know she wouldn't be in, but that didn't happen.

I'm wondering if she met someone that day at the coffee shop, assuming she stopped there, or perhaps she stopped for gas and ran into someone she knew there. If she met anyone at either of those places then there should be some video of her. I would expect the RCMP has already looked into those options. As you mentioned, it's also possible someone was waiting for her at Kamloop's Hyundai. If that were the case, there might be security video to review, and RCMP has probably looked into this.

These are all just possibilities to consider, but it seems probable that Shannon planned to go to work that day, but for some reason her plans changed.

I'm curious to know if Shannon's phone logs indicate any calls or texts between her and her ex-BF in the days before she went missing? Do we know anything about that? Again, we assume RCMP has researched this but not revealed their findings.

@Steve McQueen , I'm inclined to agree with you.

I've been wondering the same thing: why would she apparently plan to go to work, leave for work at the usual time, drive off in the general direction towards work, and then suddenly change her plans? Even if she did change her mind about going to work for some reason, IMO Shannon would likely have called in to work to let them know she wouldn't be in, but that didn't happen.

I'm wondering if she met someone that day at the coffee shop, assuming she stopped there, or perhaps she stopped for gas and ran into someone she knew there. If she met anyone at either of those places then there should be some video of her. I would expect the RCMP has already looked into those options. As you mentioned, it's also possible someone was waiting for her at Kamloop's Hyundai. If that were the case, there might be security video to review, and RCMP has probably looked into this.

These are all just possibilities to consider, but it seems probable that Shannon planned to go to work that day, but for some reason her plans changed.

I'm curious to know if Shannon's phone logs indicate any calls or texts between her and her ex-BF in the days before she went missing? Do we know anything about that? Again, we assume RCMP has researched this but not revealed their findings.

The RCMP has been very tight lipped regarding this case. IIRC they have only released the fact that a flower was missing from the trailer hitch of the jeep and that the jeep had been seen on traffic cams traveling west and north of Kamloops the day of her disappearance. Are they waiting to find SW before making an arrest? All signs seem to point toward the ex-BF. MOO

Human bone discovered on Kamloops walking trail | Globalnews.ca

The discovery of a human bone this weekend at a North Shore walking trail has sparked a police investigation.

70c8fc80

A person walking a dog on the trail near Kamloops airport Saturday found the bone and reported it to Kamloops RCMP at about 5:20 p.m.

“Police engaged the BC Coroners Service anthropologist, who confirmed the bone was human,

Kamloops RCMP say human bone discovered Saturday, police investigating - Kamloops News

Police engaged the BC Coroners Service anthropologist, who confirmed the bone was human,” said Constable Crystal Evelyn, Kamloops RCMP spokesperson.

“The investigation into who the bone belonged to and the circumstances surrounding its discovery is ongoing and will be done in consultation with the BC Coroners Service.”

On Sunday March 27, officers searched the area but located no other items of significance.

Anyone with information regarding this investigation, or who may have come across any other bones in the area, is asked to please contact Kamloops RCMP at 250-828-3000 and reference file number 2022-9726.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back