CANADA Canada - Shannon White, 32, missed work, left pet, Kamloops, BC, 1 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
8 a.m. is an odd time for someone to go missing. Apparently, the party responsible knew her schedule and travel route. They wouldn't have to catch up with her at a coffee shop or the parking lot where she worked.
Yes, from what we know so far it appears she planned to go to work as usual, so someone, or something, made her change her plans after leaving her residence. MOO

Yes, from what we know so far it appears she planned to go to work as usual, so someone, or something, made her change her plans after leaving her residence. MOO
Is that correct? IIRC didn't her neighbour say she left slightly earlier than usual that day? I could be wrong, as it's been a while.

Apologies @Dargon335 you're correct.

Landlords: Nothing seemed amiss when White left for work - Kamloops This Week

Every single morning, at the exact same time, she does the exact same thing. For me to think it was somebody else is completely false — it was her,” Matt said. “I’m 99.9 per cent sure.”

Early on in the case there was discussion on why she would set off at 8 when she didn't have to start work until 8.30. It was speculated that she may stop for coffee on the way. I think this is why I misremembered what was said.

Apologies @Dargon335 you're correct.
No worries, I'm glad other people are reviewing this information. The more eyes we have looking these cases the greater the possibility that someone might discover some new thoughts or ideas on what happened to Shannon.

I haven't looked at the MSM reports on Shannon's case in a while, but IIRC she left her residence around her normal time that day as her landlord witnessed her leaving the driveway, heading in the general direction of her work. After that we're not sure what happened, but we do know she never actually arrived at her office, and didn't notify her co-workers that she would be absent. So, it would appear Shannon left her residence intending to go to her office.

We do not know for a fact whether Shannon arrived at the dealership parking area, or if she stopped for coffee that day. With security cameras in so many locations these days it seems odd that that neither LE or MSM have indicated any confirmed sightings of Shannon herself after she left her residence. We know her Jeep was seen later on, but we do not know if Shannon was actually inside the Jeep at these times.

Personally, I still want to know what RCMP found, or didn't find, at her former BFs trailer. MSM indicated his trailer was searched but AFAIK the RCMP didn't reveal any information regarding this search.

Is that correct? IIRC didn't her neighbour say she left slightly earlier than usual that day? I could be wrong, as it's been a while.

Her landlord said I believe that she didn't drive away immediately after he saw her get in car.

We can maybe assume from what her friend said, that she had either messaged or texted her around same time, that that delay was possibly due to her looking at her phone and the message(s) before she drove off.

All the aboved linked to upthread.

Whether she stopped off for coffee - who said this? - I think might depend on whether this was a regular thing for her to do en route to work.

Alk we know for sure, is that she left that morning to go to work, and never arrived. Whether she was apprehended by someone or this was of her own volition, we don't know.

I haven't seen any new MSM reports regarding Shannon's disappearance.
Alk we know for sure, is that she left that morning to go to work, and never arrived. Whether she was apprehended by someone or this was of her own volition, we don't know.
MOO, but it doesn't seem likely that Shannon disappeared willingly. She didn't contact any of her friends or co-workers to notify them, and she didn't take her dog with her. From the interviews and MSM reports we've seen, both of those events are reportedly unlike her.

I think it's possible Shannon met/interacted with someone after she left her residence, but we don't know that for sure. I've not seen anything regarding the RCMP accessing Shannon's phone records, so we don't know if someone may have texted or called her asking to meet.

Police say more searches will take place soon as Shannon White probe continues

[...]
Kamloops RCMP Const. Crystal Evelyn said Mounties are continuing their investigation. “The investigation into Shannon White’s disappearance is ongoing, with more searches anticipated in the near future,” she said.

“Anyone who comes across anything that may help with the investigation, or who has information related to it, is asked to please contact police as soon as possible.”

In the weeks after White’s disappearance, police executed a search warrant on a trailer in Silver Sage Trailer Park. The unit belongs to White’s ex-boyfriend, but Mounties have not said whether the man is considered a suspect.
[...]

From your link.

Our missing person file of Ms. Shannon White continues to be a priority,” Pelley told the city committee. “It’s suspected she’s a victim of foul play. We are continued on a number of taskings and high risk priority tasks with this investigation [and] searching several areas you may have seen on social media.”

On the day White left for work, her Jeep was spotted shortly after she was expected to have arrived at work, at 8:30 a.m. The vehicle was seen leaving Kamloops west on Highway 1 for a 45-minute period. Later that day, the Jeep was seen travelling north past Rayleigh on Highway 5 at about 5:30 p.m. before returning south at about 6:15 p.m.

By Nov. 10, Kamloops Search and Rescue and the RCMP were searching for White in the wilderness west of Kamloops, off Highway 1, and north of the city off Highway 5, including in the Heffley Creek area, by Nov. 15.

Police also had a presence, starting on about Nov. 10, in the Silver Sage Trailer Court off Highway 5, searching the travel trailer of White’s ex-boyfriend. White’s friends have told KTW the two had a tumultuous relationship and breakup about a year before she vanished.

Police cleared the trailer court by Nov. 16. One neighbour told KTW there was a heavy police presence the first night officers were there, adding that the RCMP seized three vehicles from the property. To date, no charges have been laid in connection with White’s disappearance.

The areas we have [searched] have been covered really well,” he said.

Ritcey said more searches for White will be done, but at the moment none are planned. He said they plan to renew searching toward the end of September or October and will expand upon the areas already searched. Ritcey said a few more cadaver dogs will also be used in future searches.

From your link.

Our missing person file of Ms. Shannon White continues to be a priority,” Pelley told the city committee. “It’s suspected she’s a victim of foul play. We are continued on a number of taskings and high risk priority tasks with this investigation [and] searching several areas you may have seen on social media.”

On the day White left for work, her Jeep was spotted shortly after she was expected to have arrived at work, at 8:30 a.m. The vehicle was seen leaving Kamloops west on Highway 1 for a 45-minute period. Later that day, the Jeep was seen travelling north past Rayleigh on Highway 5 at about 5:30 p.m. before returning south at about 6:15 p.m.

By Nov. 10, Kamloops Search and Rescue and the RCMP were searching for White in the wilderness west of Kamloops, off Highway 1, and north of the city off Highway 5, including in the Heffley Creek area, by Nov. 15.

Police also had a presence, starting on about Nov. 10, in the Silver Sage Trailer Court off Highway 5, searching the travel trailer of White’s ex-boyfriend. White’s friends have told KTW the two had a tumultuous relationship and breakup about a year before she vanished.

Police cleared the trailer court by Nov. 16. One neighbour told KTW there was a heavy police presence the first night officers were there, adding that the RCMP seized three vehicles from the property. To date, no charges have been laid in connection with White’s disappearance.

The areas we have [searched] have been covered really well,” he said.

Ritcey said more searches for White will be done, but at the moment none are planned. He said they plan to renew searching toward the end of September or October and will expand upon the areas already searched. Ritcey said a few more cadaver dogs will also be used in future searches.

Why would they be waiting to search in winter conditions? What is the delay all about? Frankly, I question the statement that her case is a priority.

Words & actions should be consistent.

They think a crime was committed but apparently have no suspect(s), i.e., "persons of interest"?

Who is still advocating for SW because this case sounds as cold as the frozen ground they claim to want to search.

MOO

I don't think wildfires or smoke is the cause of a delay, as in the Kamloops area and south, we haven't experienced as many wildfires as usual and the smoke isn't as bad this year. I don't know about foliage being a particular reason either, especially as the ground tends to be more covered in the fall due to leaves. Winter doesn't really arrive till November for the most part. It is busier with tourists of course during summer and even this time of year, in town, hiking, fishing, etc. whereas things quiet down more in late Sept and Oct. So I guess a local reporter or a family member would have to just ask why hold off?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back