CANADA Canada - Shannon White, 32, missed work, left pet, Kamloops, BC, 1 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could’ve been to confuse the investigation? LE has never said where Shannon was confronted by her killer but it‘s possible it was right after she left home that morning and her body wasn’t in the jeep on that northern jaunt. Purely speculation…..
Yes, I did think of that but if Shannon was murdered, IMO the perp would not think too much about random cameras and know where they were, to the extent of driving for awhile in two different directions out of town and waste time like that. I would think the perp would be more concerned with any cameras downtown where he/she parked the jeep, if that is what occurred. Also, being this was a morning daytime disappearance, I would think the perp would dispose of a body in a more secluded area out of town. JMO.

I'm acquainted with a local who suggested it may be a long deceased First Nations person. No specific evidence of that, just what seems to be a realistic possibility. FWIW IMO
Yes, that does seem like a realistic possibility. Plus the fact that there are alot of missing people in the Kamloops area who it could be, if these bones are human ones.

Not sure what this is getting at - if the bones are human, an investigation will continue “into the circumstances surrounding their discovery”. The only circumstance requiring investigation that comes to mind is an anonymous tip or rumour or something of that nature.

BBM
“Right now, police are working with the BC Coroners Service to confirm if the bones are human and if so, who they belonged to,” said Cpl. Crystal Evelyn.

“From there, the investigation will continue into the circumstances surrounding their discovery.”

Yes, I did think of that but if Shannon was murdered, IMO the perp would not think too much about random cameras and know where they were, to the extent of driving for awhile in two different directions out of town and waste time like that. I would think the perp would be more concerned with any cameras downtown where he/she parked the jeep, if that is what occurred. Also, being this was a morning daytime disappearance, I would think the perp would dispose of a body in a more secluded area out of town. JMO.

True. What I’m thinking of is there’s really only two possibilities - a total stranger crossed her path (who’s motive was something other than vehicle theft) or the culprit was someone Shannon knew, a personal motive. If she knew the culprit it’s highly unusual for a murder to occur first thing in the morning on one’s way to work. In that it doesn’t appear it would’ve been a spur of the moment thing, her attack IMO was premeditated involving advance planning. So IMO it’s impossible to know what exactly went into that planning other than we know it was successful enough to thwart the investigation for well over a year, at the present time. JMO

Actually there isn't a lot - most of those listed have been located deceased unfortunately
It is kind of a mixed bag, but missing cases have gone up in recent years in Kamloops. Some, as noted in this article, are the same people reported missing over and over again. Others, as the article notes, aren't really missing for long. However, there are a number of people these bones could be of, not just Ryan Schtuka or Shannon White, as suggested earlier is what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
I wonder how long it will take to determine whether these bones are human?

Last year when two bones were found along a trail near the Kamloops airport it took more than a couple weeks and one previously identified a human was later determined not to be so this time the BC Coroners Office may likely be extra careful. Then it wasn’t until May 18th that the one bone found on March 26th was confirmed to belong to David Bosanac, who was earlier reported missing.

I am following this case as BC is, essentially, a neighbor.

We traveled to Canada twice this year, first my family went from Seattle to Calgary via Kamloops and BC, and then we all went Seattle—-Spokane——Idaho ——cross north ——a tiny piece of BC——Banff——-Alberta. So unfortunately, I can’t tell much about the first route (my family members advocate the second as the first involves longer unpleasant driving through the Cascades), but my impression is, BC is underpopulated although well-managed (they have someone thinking in their local government it is so obvious - for example, there is a free app about local fires and what roads are closed, I never saw it in my state). Alberta is much worse, very sparsely populated and it is easy to disappear in both states as large territories plus few people means, there are huge spots of poor cell coverage and a lot of civilized nothingness.

Hence I am trying to imagine how it looks for people living there. Kamloops seems a major transportation hub, but that’s on the map. How does it feel living there?

- Is there high level of depression in autumn/winter? I would assume so - shorter light day, if it is overcast like where I live then SAD is a strong factor. What is the reality?

- what is the mentality of the people? Is what we call “Seattle freeze” here typical for Kamloops, too? Can a woman live there for a long time without anyone knowing much about her life or what’s going on with her?

- how fast is infrastructure lost when you drive out of the city?

- what do the locals know about Shannon if anything?

It's been two years since Shannon went missing. Has anyone seen recent updates from RCMP or media regarding her disappearance?

Also, was any information reported regarding what may have been found, if anything, at her ex-BFs residence? IIRC, LE spent significant time searching there but I do not recall any statements from LE or media sources indicating what, if anything, may have been found related to Shannon's disappearance.

In addition, was anything found in Shannon's Jeep indicating foul play? I've seen no statements from LE indicating whether or not they conducted forensics tests on her Jeep, but hopefully this was cone. Were fingerprints, stains, hair, blood, etc. found?

Finally, what would the motive for her disappearance, and who would have a reason for wanting her to disappear?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back