CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one event, one mass shooting. It was not one instance of spousal violence, or shooting some victims. This mass murder is not about women.
Well, you'll probably get likes from a couple of men on that assertion, but unlikely many, if any, from women. It is about women in the sense that there's a clear incidence of domestic abuse against an intimate female partner which began the whole rampage. Until men recognize the scope, frequency and terrible harm domestic abuse causes, the problem will continue.

The issue with relying on the media is this happened at 11pm on Saturday night. When does the local news broadcast? Here it is 5pm and 10pm, M-F.

What would be really helpful is if someone with the ability to do it warned people directly, like through an Emergency Alert. We have “practice” Emergency Alerts every year where they interrupt TV and radio programming. Now we get texts and auto-calls to our landlines.

This isn’t a new phenomenon for spoiled people who need to be “spoon fed” information. There have been tornado sirens, fire alarms, and air raid drills for decades. Maybe we should have told those people to wait and read about the emergency in the newspaper the next day?

One of the great things about improving technologies is the ability to use them to help people. Or we could just chastise people for not having the right app or waiting for the local news to craft a report.

There are articles about a few charges he had in the past. The rcmp must have had communication issues internally as well not just with the public. For the mass shooter to have been spotted and still able to drive almost an hour on Nova Scotias busiest hwy shooting 4 ppl along the way and only encountering 2 officers on the hwy the whole time after a 12 hr long manhunt. If that officer didn’t stop for gas when he did and spot the killer at the fuel pump, things could have been a lot worse. Was very lucky timing . I would like to think the hrm city police would have been all over the hwy if there wasn’t an issue on their end as well, the city is only 10 mins away from where the killer was shot.

Well, you'll probably get likes from a couple of men on that assertion, but unlikely many, if any, from women. It is about women in the sense that there's a clear incidence of domestic abuse against an intimate female partner which began the whole rampage. Until men recognize the scope, frequency and terrible harm domestic abuse causes, the problem will continue.

Yah he was definitely a misogynistic (you know what). I would like to see a bit more information about him specifically targeting women. Honestly I think he had little use for any gender, creed or orientation. As he likely only cared about one person and one person only in his entire life. But there definitely is something that can be learned from the types of individuals that perpetrate these types of crimes and I do believe that many of them have that same trait in common. And many of them are injustice collectors as well. I'm not sure what makes these people the way that they are but I do believe that their upbringing does play a significant role. JMO for what its worth

My impression is that this started long before the shooting with a list of targets, fake RCMP cars, RCMP uniform, everything needed to burn several homes, guns and more. This didn't start with spousal abuse.

Yah he was definitely a misogynistic (you know what). I would like to see a bit more information about him specifically targeting women. Honestly I think he had little use for any gender, creed or orientation. As he likely only cared about one person and one person only in his entire life. But there definitely is something that can be learned from the types of individuals that perpetrate these types of crimes and I do believe that many of them have that same trait in common. And many of them are injustice collectors as well. I'm not sure what makes these people the way that they are but I do believe that their upbringing does play a significant role. JMO for what its worth

Not exactly something that can be associated with misogyny:

"A Halifax cancer survivor who lost all of her teeth will soon be sporting a new set of dentures, thanks to the kindness of strangers.

Sheri Hendsbee says she lost her teeth as a result of the medication she is taking, and that has left her severely depressed.

Denturist Gabriel Wortman says Hendsbee will have a new set of dentures, free of charge, by this time next week.

“My heart went out to her,” says Wortman. “There’s so many ways for people to get dentures, but it seems like the people who really need them are the people who are getting left behind.”​

'There's angels among us:' Cancer survivor to receive new dentures
July 23, 2014

"A Halifax cancer survivor who lost all of her teeth will soon be sporting a new set of dentures, thanks to the kindness of strangers.

Sheri Hendsbee says she lost her teeth as a result of the medication she is taking, and that has left her severely depressed.

Denturist Gabriel Wortman says Hendsbee will have a new set of dentures, free of charge, by this time next week.

“My heart went out to her,” says Wortman. “There’s so many ways for people to get dentures, but it seems like the people who really need them are the people who are getting left behind.”​

July 23, 2014

And sometimes after men beat their wives/partners they call them beautiful and buy them flowers. One act doesn't negate the other.

So he gave away free teeth, he's still a woman abuser.

July 23, 2014
I’m sure he enjoyed the attention he got from doing the good deed, than the deed itself. It sounds like he loved showing off his assets and being admired, and conned a lot of people in the past. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was a sociopath

Or, he maybe left her alive while he went out and murdered her friends. Or, perhaps she escaped after he beat her, and he went to the homes of people where he thought she might have hidden looking for her, and those are the places were people were killed and there homes burned. The others, such as Lisa McCully and the brother, were people who came out of their homes when they saw houses burning and so on.

Yes any of those possibilities. She’s very fortunate he didn’t simply execute her like all the others and she’ll be able to provide additional background information to police about this cold-blooded killer which they wouldn’t have been able to obtain otherwise. However I suspect she’ll have a long road of mental health recovery ahead as I doubt he instantly turned into a monster overnight.

I’m sure he enjoyed the attention he got from doing the good deed, than the deed itself. It sounds like he loved showing off his assets and being admired, and conned a lot of people in the past. It wouldn’t surprise me if he was a sociopath

Sorry I don’t have the article at hand but I recall reading about medical experts who conduct research the brains of deceased vicious killers and there’s indication psychopathic brains are different from the norm. I hope his was donated.

There are articles about a few charges he had in the past. The rcmp must have had communication issues internally as well not just with the public. For the mass shooter to have been spotted and still able to drive almost an hour on Nova Scotias busiest hwy shooting 4 ppl along the way and only encountering 2 officers on the hwy the whole time after a 12 hr long manhunt. If that officer didn’t stop for gas when he did and spot the killer at the fuel pump, things could have been a lot worse. Was very lucky timing . I would like the thing the hrm police would have been all over the hwy if there wasn’t an issue on their end as well

Welcome Ell2020

I think their were many things that were hampering them, the biggest was that he was driving a very real looking RCMP vehicle.
Couple that with the fact that he switched vehicles.

I have wondered how he was able to kill and steal the silver tracker with officers on scene at the accident scene on hwy 2 and hwy 224 without anyone seeing which direction he fled.

Then drive that tracker a few Km down hwy 224 to GG home and kill her, change clothes, move guns to her mazda3 and continue for 22km all while not being followed by any LE.

The only thing I can figure is that additional LE arrived on the scene of the crash/fire just after the shooter had already fled and details were later relayed by an eyewitness.

Which its probably not fair to question that sequence of events as things were happening very rapidly and officers that had arrived may have made the decision to tend to their injured officer and rightfully so.

However I would hope that if someone from LE had seen him flee at least one would have been in pursuit.

I think the most plausible answer is that he had fled before additional officers even arrived on scene.

I think it was a pretty chaotic 30-40 min for all agencies involved

July 23, 2014

Even a misogynistic person can show acts of kindness towards women at different times. Did he get good pub by doing it absolutely, there was something in it for him.

They can do things that seem heartfelt etc for women but they don't do them for normal reasons. There is always something they are looking to get out of it.

It can also be about showing power and stature, look how I helped that poor woman out.

At this point more points to him being misogynistic in nature than not JMO

Last edited:
Even a misogynistic person can show acts of kindness at different times. Did he get good pub by doing it absolutely, there was something in it for him.

They can do things that seem heartfelt etc for women but they don't do them for normal reasons. There is always something they are looking to get out of it.

It can also be about showing power and stature, look how I helped that poor woman out.

At this point more points to him being misogynistic in nature than not JMO

I need the definition in front of me in order to put this mass murder into a category.

Misogyny refers specifically to a hatred of women.
I cannot find a way to explain this very diverse group of victims as "hatred of women."

https://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/ns-memorial/

Welcome Ell2020
I think their were many things that were hampering them, the biggest was that he was driving a very real looking RCMP vehicle.
Couple that with the fact that he switched vehicles.

I have wondered how he was able to kill and steal the silver tracker with officers on scene at the accident scene on hwy 2 and hwy 224 without anyone seeing which direction he fled.

Then drive that tracker a few Km down hwy 224 to GG home and kill her, change clothes, move guns to her mazda3 and continue for 22km all while not being followed by any LE.

The only thing I can figure is that additional LE arrived on the scene of the crash/fire just after the shooter had already fled and details were later relayed by an eyewitness.

Which its probably not fair to question that sequence of events as things were happening very rapidly and officers that had arrived may have made the decision to tend to their injured officer and rightfully so.

However I would hope that if someone from LE had seen him flee at least one would have been in pursuit.

I think the most plausible answer is that he had fled before additional officers even arrived on scene.

I think it was a pretty chaotic 30-40 min for all agencies involved

There are a lot of pictures and videos from witnesses in cars at the scenes that must have reported it as well as the officer who called in to report the killer shot him a few mins before the other officer was killed. But for some reason there was no other rcmp on the hwy waiting for him that whole drive he was a free as a bird :( Don’t ask me, the whole thing was a complete mess .

I need the definition in front of me in order to put this mass murder into a category.

I cannot find a way to explain this very diverse group of victims as "hatred of women."

I believe the way that he has treated women/maybe the same woman in the past and the way that he treated his GF on that night leads to him having Misogynistic tendencies.

I'm not saying he was specifically targeting women to kill based on those traits, but I do believe it likely played a role into who he was and why he did the things that he did

Misogyny (/mɪˈsɒdʒɪni/) is the hatred of, contempt for, or prejudice against women or girls. Misogyny manifests in numerous ways, including social exclusion, sex discrimination, hostility, androcentrism, patriarchy, male privilege, belittling of women, disenfranchisement of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification.

Social exclusion - Perhaps taking your partner away from a social gathering or embarrassing them so that they leave.

Hostility - Domestic abuse.

Male privilege - Say, for one example, using your genetic structure to dominate another individual of lesser strength.

Belittling of women - Again, perhaps, say, embarrassing them in a social setting amongst friends.

Violence against women - All of the above.

I would say this killer was a misogynist.

I believe the way that he has treated women/maybe the same woman in the past and the way that he treated his GF on that night leads to him having Misogynistic tendencies.

I'm not saying he was specifically targeting women to kill based on those traits, but I do believe it likely played a role into who he was and why he did the things that he did

I’m assuming the the only reason she was kept alive at first was for control or punishment. I’m sure he was planning the killings for a while. It wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t an amateur and there’s a reason he lit his other police cars on fire before vacating the area

I’m assuming the the only reason she was kept alive at first was for control or punishment to make her suffer . I’m sure he was planning the killings for a while. It wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t an amateur and there’s a reason he lit his other police cars on fire before vacating the area

Quoting myself to add
Now there are likely many other traits that the perp had that many other mass shooters have. But I do think that was one of them and is something that needs to be studied more closely for many reasons jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member