CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m thinking of the family and friends of all the victims today and how this homicidal maniac not only stole the lives of their loved ones but during this time of the pandemic, also took away the opportunity for family and friends to gather together in their time of grief.

Something about all the fine people from Nova Scotia who I know that’s always stood out to me — how they maintain very strong, deep family connections regardless of where they live. They also definitely top the list of the most “huggy” people in Canada, my personal opinion.

But the present COVID-19 restrictions in Nova Scotia, aside from the 2 metre social distancing, place a limit on the maximum group gathering of just 5 people and if I’m not mistaken, that includes funerals and memorials. This must make it doubly difficult for all of them, aside from the utter shock of their loss, also not to be able to mourn for their loved ones together at this time. :(

Last edited:
Changing gears....
I would be a viewer of a "behind the scenes" sort of documentary about this case.
I'm curious about how LE reacted to and/or investigated the early reports that someone appearing to be connected to law enforcement was perpetrating these violent acts.

Before they determined the identity of the perp, I wonder if there was a fear or concern that the person dressed as LE, driving what looked like a cruiser, could have been a "real" cop gone rogue.
If that scenario crossed their minds, I imagine that would have added to the chaos, confusion and need to carefully review any info shared with the public.

I wonder if they performed a quick roll call (of off duty RCMP officers) and maybe something like a check of vehicle inventory to rule out the possibility of a stolen or misused RCMP vehicle.
IMO
It seems like such a mixup must have happened according to this:

CHAOTIC SCENE IN PORTAPIQUE AND EVACUATION AREA

On Thursday, audio recordings from first responders posted online showed how paramedics on the scene were aware by at least 11:20 p.m. on Saturday that there was an active shooter in the area, but were still unsure of many other details concerning the situation.

"There's a person down there with a gun," one paramedic said through two-way radio.

"They're still looking for him. The patient we have got shot by him. He was just down there observing the fire, checking out the fire. So there could be other patients around the fire that could be gone already, but we're not sure."

The chaotic scene extended to a nearby fire hall that was being used to house evacuees of the shooting, where two RCMP officers opened fire on Sunday morning. The shooter was not believed to be in that area at the time.

CTV News has learned the officers thought another RCMP officer was, in fact, the shooter and only stopped firing once the other officer identified himself.

A now-deleted Facebook post from The Onslow Belmont Fire Brigade said the gunshots damaged the fire hall, but no one was injured.

Nova Scotia's police watchdog is investigating the incident.

N.S. shooter handcuffed, assaulted his girlfriend before mass killing

Video at the Twitter link of the line of hundreds of vehicles in a slow procession.

Cory McGraw
@McgrawCory

13h
“VON staff and community members held a memorial parade this evening in Debert, NS for Kristen Beaton and Heather O'Brien. Beaton and O'Brien worked for VON. They tragically lost their lives last weekend. Hundreds of vehicles drove by their memorials to pay their respects.”

upload_2020-4-27_11-46-9.jpeg
Cory McGraw on Twitter

In aftermath of Nova Scotia shootings, RCMP officer wishes he could’ve done more
“RCMP Sergeant Dave Lilly’s voice cracks with emotion as he stands on the gravel shoulder of Highway 4 in Wentworth, N.S.

The 23-year veteran of the force works out of the detachment in Amherst, N.S., and was one of dozens of officers who responded on April 18 and 19 to the worst mass shooting in Canadian history.

On Friday, ahead of an online vigil to remember the 22 people killed in the rampage, Sgt. Lilly and his wife drove to some of the roadside memorials that have sprouted up to honour the victims.

“We feel guilty. We wish we could’ve done more,” he said, dressed in his formal uniform of red serge tunic and Stetson. “Any of us would’ve taken a bullet for any of these victims.”.......”

I’m not saying this clinches it, but the three people he shot truly randomly (not targeted or in a targeted home, not someone getting in his way, not RCMP) were all females.

Tom Bagley, navy veteran and a retired firefighter - wasn't he walking on the road towards a fire to see if he could help? Corrie Ellison - also walking on the road to check out a fire? Joey Webber - driving by a crime scene? I would say they were randomly shot, having no association with the shooter other than wrong place, wrong time.

It has taken a few sittings to read thru all the messages in both threads here....great info and discussion. I do need to clarify, if someone can, some details.
1. The shooter had a few properties there, but his residence was 200 Portapique Beach Rd?
2. Which houses were burned at Portapique? I cannot seem to find clear answers.
3. Is there a listing of who lived where in that area? I see maps or satellite images with numbers but no corresponding i.d. as to who lived where.

Like others, I wonder if when he found his g/f gone, he went from house to house looking for her and killing as he went.

I forget which poster said something like "he hated everybody, and he hated men and women differently", but I thought that nailed it. He didn't just hate women, and there is nothing about this spree that suggests women were particular targets. It was wonton violence and every one of the victims not known to him seemed to be to be a target of opportunity as much as anything else. Even days later, the sadness and injustice of it all doesn't fade one bit. If you were alive and in his path of vision, he wanted you dead.

It has taken a few sittings to read thru all the messages in both threads here....great info and discussion. I do need to clarify, if someone can, some details.
1. The shooter had a few properties there, but his residence was 200 Portapique Beach Rd?
3. Is there a listing of who lived where in that area? I see maps or satellite images with numbers but no corresponding i.d. as to who lived where.

Like others, I wonder if when he found his g/f gone, he went from house to house looking for her and killing as he went.

He drove all over N.S. killing people he knew and had their addresses. The rcmp didn’t find any of the witnesses hiding in the woods nearby either that night so who knows what really happened. This case needs top experts to do the investigation and find out what really went down. Portepique isn’t a town like the media says . It’s a short road with only one way in and one way out that connects to one hwy.

Attachments

• 1EB48A7B-5037-4841-A8A2-2BD3ABAB882C.jpeg
    1EB48A7B-5037-4841-A8A2-2BD3ABAB882C.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

here’s the house numbers from the map I posted above that were set on fire . It’s hard for anyone to wrap their head around how it happened. Far too dangerous for the rcmp to leave any time gaps in their investigations.

Attachments

• 1E2A94FF-DE3A-4289-9B28-039B6650E8F9.jpeg
    1E2A94FF-DE3A-4289-9B28-039B6650E8F9.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 57
From 1 of the videos on Global News in an above comment. I noticed a closeup shot of an RCMP vehicle at 1 of the scenes, it has the vehicle #s behind the back window and also has an antenna on the back. Didn't the RCMP say the shooter's car was different because of the #s and where they were located? To me now the shooter's car was very very identical to RCMP cars as per the video in 2nd link down. I wouldn't have been able to tell which was real or fake. JMO
‘Multiple patients’: Recordings of first responders reveal frantic bid to help

Attachments

• RCMPcar.jpg
    RCMPcar.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 20
here’s the house numbers from the map I posted above that were set on fire .
From 1 of the videos on Global News in an above comment. I noticed a closeup shot of an RCMP vehicle at 1 of the scenes, it has the vehicle #s behind the back window and also has an antenna on the back. Didn't the RCMP say the shooter's car was different because of the #s and where they were located? To me now the shooter's car was very very identical to RCMP cars as per the video in 2nd link down. I wouldn't have been able to tell which was real or fake. JMO

It was almost identical minus the few things you mentioned. The rcmp knew he was driving a police car from the first survivor found when they arrived on scene. but didn’t get an actual picture of his car until early the next morning.

Tom Bagley, navy veteran and a retired firefighter - wasn't he walking on the road towards a fire to see if he could help? Corrie Ellison - also walking on the road to check out a fire? Joey Webber - driving by a crime scene? I would say they were randomly shot, having no association with the shooter other than wrong place, wrong time.
As you say (and as I have said) Tom, Corrie, Joey, and AW (the fellow he wounded at Portapique) were all trying to help and in doing so ended up becoming a target. In fact, the same may be true of Lisa McCully. However, the difference between those victims and Lilly and the two VON nurses is that they were not doing anything like that. They were not involved in any way. They were simply random targets that he murdered.

Yah ive noticed some with truck antennas as well, but they do seem to be different. The RCMP ones seem to be made out of black rubber/plastic. The one on the perps vehicle seems to be an older style that was used on older cruisers. (Its a combination of external aluminum antenna with a magnetic style base)

Also the horse and 911 call decals seem to be made from a different color and reflective material than current RCMP cruisers IMO.

Regardless it was extremely similar to current issued RCMP vehicles IMO

BB132sFO.img

They said it was different because of the actual number, not it's positioning or anything else. It was kind of awkwardly worded though.

RCMP, Nova Scotia on Twitter

Some information was uploaded here - not my page, no idea why there are odd characters in the link

NS Rampage - خرائطي على Google

As you say (and as I have said) Tom, Corrie, Joey, and AW (the fellow he wounded at Portapique) were all trying to help and in doing so ended up becoming a target. In fact, the same may be true of Lisa McCully. However, the difference between those victims and Lilly and the two VON nurses is that they were not doing anything like that. They were not involved in any way. They were simply random targets that he murdered.

I think Heather and Kristen were both murdered after being pulled over in a fake police stop. Signalling to pull over typically happens from behind the vehicle being stopped. There may not be enough evidence to conclude he even knew who was in those vehicles when he pulled them over. It was Sunday morning during a national lockdown. The pickings of who was out in public in these small communities may have been slim.

Is your opinion that if Mr. X (insert any name here) had been walking a dog instead of just walking alone, he would've been spared?

I think Heather and Kristen were both murdered after being pulled over in a fake police stop. Signalling to pull over typically happens from behind the vehicle being stopped. There may not be enough evidence to conclude he even knew who was in those vehicles when he pulled them over. It was Sunday morning during a national lockdown. The pickings of who was out in public in these small communities may have been slim.

I’m assuming those deaths either stemmed from a sick fantasy of his or to distract the rcmp for a bit while he left there area and went on to his next targets towards the city . As far as the public knows there is no relation between them and the killer

Thank you for the sources, trying to piece together this in my own mind. One further question, he had a house at 200 Portapique Beach Road and also at 136 Orchard Beach. Which was his residence? I have seen sources suggest either.
The more I see the map it looks like he just went door to door looking for his g/f and killed anyone in his way.

When you consider the g/f got away, the wounded Portapique man, the couple who did not answer their door the next morning, and the RCMP officer who was wounded, it could easily have been 5 more. Who knows what would have happened if the stolen car had a full tank of gas as he headed back to Halifax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks