CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a photo in the media of 200 burned. You can see the address in the photo, which I can't find at the moment. However, drone photo in the CBC article linked above would appear to be that property.

As to how many fires in Portapique - I think the "warehouse", the property at 200, the Zahl / Thomas home (formerly Forbes') at 293 Portapique Beach Road. The Blair home I am less certain of.

I believe this is 293 Portapique Beach Road as it appeared in an old real estate listing.

5e1715a96c0fe82e405afc20.jpeg

200 Portapique Beach Road
96427402_10157168366226512_4253585810089050112_o.jpg
I'm sorry, these seem to be double posts...

Last edited:
There has been a photo in the media of 200 burned. You can see the address in the photo, which I can't find at the moment. However, drone photo in the CBC article linked above would appear to be that property.

As to how many fires in Portapique - I think the "warehouse", the property at 200, the Zahl / Thomas home (formerly Forbes') at 293 Portapique Beach Road. The Blair home I am less certain of.

I believe this is 293 Portapique Beach Road as it appeared in an old real estate listing.

5e1715a96c0fe82e405afc20.jpeg

200 Portapique Beach Road
96427402_10157168366226512_4253585810089050112_o.jpg

OOps, I attached a prior-to-burning picture of 200 Portipique Beach road...was too large.

Last edited:
I agree totally. And further, IMO if a reporter isn’t quoting a source verbatim, they summarize and sometimes are telling us what they “think” the source is saying.

Which brings me back to the official home in Portapique of gw.
Paganini posted this map from the April 28 National Post of its location:
View attachment 247419
This “home” would be 136 Orchard Beach which was reported early on as being burned along with the Blair and Zahl homes. My impression (as I think is Paganini’s) has been that 136 was his work space and IMO probably the location of the pictures of the fake cruiser and party room and that the actual home was at 200 Portapique Beach Rd. (Unless they slept in both) Did 200 burn as well? Has there ever been any report saying more than 3 major buildings burned in Portapique?

IMO the fact that the community is only open to local residents means reporters haven’t been able to confirm what they think sources have told them about locations and the residents are quite rightfully keeping quiet.
I agree with you about 136 Orchard Beach rd. being the shop/party room/location of fake cruiser and 200 Portapique Beach Rd. being the "home". There did appear to be a bed in the loft there from the pics. Tyler Blair said in his interview on MSM that much and that there was a path through the woods behind the workshop leading to the "home". The "home" at 200 Portapique Beach Rd. definitely was burned down. There are videos on MSM showing the debris with metal lounge chairs and rock walls in the background, with a bbq tank on its side.... for reference if you see it. At the end of the video the camera person zooms in to the civic number #200 that is in front of the debris. Sorry I don't have a link to this as it was on the news last week.
As for confirmation that there were more than 3 fires, yes there was, at a press conference the RCMP said there were at least 5 structure/and or vehicle fires when they were responding to the tragedy in Portapique but the RCMP have not been really clear about which ones. You mentioned the Workshop at 136, the "home" at 200, the Blair's and the Zahl's. Jolene Tuck's sister was interviewed and said that the Tuck home was not burned down, but the Bond's house nearby was and the Madsen/Gulechyn home too. That equals at least 6 without counting burning vehicles. 7 when you count in the Jenkins/MacLeod home (and 2 vehicles) on Hunter Rd. If they are counting vehicles too then Constable Stevenson's and the fake cruiser were also burned. I also heard in one report that Lisa McCully's house where the 4 children were hiding was also lit on fire, but there really hasn't been any info to confirm this....
The carnage and devastation is completely unfathomable to me. My heart is still broken over this a month later.

New Brunswick implemented a lockdown due to COVID-19, restricting entry to out-of-province visitors. GW would’ve surely been aware of this so maybe crossing the border would be too risky, if this rampage was premeditated.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/nb-test-case-court-closed-borders-1.5562240

Nova Scotia did too, we were told to "Stay the blazes home". My husband and I went out yesterday, for the first time in 2 1/2 months, our dogs and our souls needed to get out and get some peace..

The party they had in Portapique, if the cops had been there, everyone could have received a 1000.00 fine for congregating. We were only allowed 2 people together from the time we went into lockdown (hubby and I went early, I've been following Covid, as a nurse, very seriously since early Jan. when it was solely in China.) until they raised it this past weekend to 1 family and a bubble family--close family. Neither hubby and I have any left.

Last edited:
This is 200 not burned. Crazy the horror to be found in perfectly normal looking home.
Thank you for posting the pictures of the homes from real estate listings because I could not manage to find them on viewpoint.

Thank you for posting the pictures of the homes from real estate listings because I could not manage to find them on viewpoint.

I managed to go to expired listings on Viewpoint to pull up the pictures from the expired history. Also have 135 Orchard Beach Drive, not sure who owned it but I think it was the woman who called him a psychopath, Brenda Jenkin's old house...? I think, just based on when it sold. Wasn't able to find anything on the other homes, though some were just pieces of land based on assessment.

When reading Google reviews for his denture office, his office manager/spouse/partner was named Lisa. So was he and Lisa McCully together at some point? It seemed the burning of the houses was like him saying "I can't have this, and now neither can you". What a mess he made of my province...

Thanks for posting this Paganini. Combined with the National Post article which fleshesthe story out a bit more, it answers most of my questions about Portapique.

The Glenholme portion of the article provides details about the uninsured couple who hid from GW but is there a chance the helicopter either landed or used a megaphone from the air to call him out with his hands up?

“In a statement to RCMP, an acquaintance who first met the gunman eight years ago noted that they called 911 when they learned on the morning of April 19 that Wortman was wanted by police. About 10 to 15 minutes later, a marked police car showed up in the acquaintance's driveway in Glenholme, N.S. It was Wortman, and they called 911 again.

Much of the statement is redacted but it says the witness said they could hear a helicopter nearby and eventually heard their doorbell ring and they thought Wortman entered the house. Then they heard banging on the glass and someone said, "Come out with your hands up, Gabriel, come out with your hands up."

They then got a call saying Wortman had moved on toward the community of Lower Onslow and that they should remain inside.”

I managed to go to expired listings on Viewpoint to pull up the pictures from the expired history. Also have 135 Orchard Beach Drive, not sure who owned it but I think it was the woman who called him a psychopath, Brenda Jenkin's old house...? I think, just based on when it sold. Wasn't able to find anything on the other homes, though some were just pieces of land based on assessment.

When reading Google reviews for his denture office, his office manager/spouse/partner was named Lisa. So was he and Lisa McCully together at some point? It seemed the burning of the houses was like him saying "I can't have this, and now neither can you". What a mess he made of my province...

135 Orchard was Lisa McCully's and use to be owned by GW's uncle. 293 Portapique Beach Road was the former nieghbours', belonged to Zahl / Thomas and was destroyed.

Lisa McCully is not the Lisa in the google review.

In previous posts 135 Orchard Beach was identified as Lisa McCully’s. The house had belonged to GW’s uncle in western Canada and there was a dispute between the two men as to who should get the proceeds when it was sold to McCully.

Lisa McCully is my 6 degrees of separation from this story as I have friend who was a teaching colleague of hers. From her online postings, her sister’s postings and other MSM reports she and her children were the picture of a lovely family that this should never have happened to.

Nova Scotia did too, we were told to "Stay the blazes home". My husband and I went out yesterday, for the first time in 2 1/2 months, our dogs and our souls needed to get out and get some peace..

The party they had in Portapique, if the cops had been there, everyone could have received a 1000.00 fine for congregating. We were only allowed 2 people together from the time we went into lockdown (hubby and I went early, I've been following Covid, as a nurse, very seriously since early Jan. when it was solely in China.) until they raised it this past weekend to 1 family and a bubble family--close family. Neither hubby and I have any left.

I also wondered about this gathering during this time of restrictions.

And although I’m not sure what’s been communicated in Nova Scotia, elsewhere people with secondary residences have been strongly discouraged from going there. I’m certain year-round residents support those restrictions due to the risk of the spread of COVID and the strain on small hospitals and the food supply in lesser populated areas.

So it somewhat surprises me GW and his common law partner were invited to a party, as part time residents.

I’ve lived in resort-type communities in the past and have observed how conflict and hostilities between full time and part time property owners arises over many things that ordinarily wouldn’t be a major issue in a typical residential neighbourhood. Thankfully nobody was murdered though.

Welcome to Websleuths Amoca! You may already know about Websleuths Covid-19 forum, but if you haven't seen it you can check it out here:
Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #57

There are also sub-forums like:
Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19

Which can be found here:
Coronavirus - Covid-19

The Websleuths Covid-19 forum is the best I've seen anywhere online.

So maybe there was no party -

“On the night of April 18, Wortman and another person — a woman whose name is redacted but is presumed to be his common-law spouse at the time — were at their property on 136 Orchard Beach Dr. in Portapique, which police call “the warehouse.”

“During the evening an argument ensued,” during which Wortman assaulted the woman, the document says.

Before the rampage, Wortman and his common-law spouse were having drinks and Facetiming friends.

What happened next is redacted from the document but she told police Wortman “poured gasoline all inside the cottage” and leading to the warehouse, “so Gabriel could burn that.” He also poured gas onto his cars and Jeep.

He smashed her cell phone and didn’t have one himself, she said. Again what happened next is redacted until the woman escaped and fled into the woods...”
N.S. mass shooting: Documents show killer was ‘paranoid’ about COVID-19 pandemic before rampage

I also wondered about this gathering during this time of restrictions.

And although I’m not sure what’s been communicated in Nova Scotia, elsewhere people with secondary residences have been strongly discouraged from going there. I’m certain year-round residents support those restrictions due to the risk of the spread of COVID and the strain on small hospitals and the food supply in lesser populated areas.

So it somewhat surprises me GW and his common law partner were invited to a party, as part time residents.

I’ve lived in resort-type communities in the past and have observed how conflict and hostilities between full time and part time property owners arises over many things that ordinarily wouldn’t be a major issue in a typical residential neighbourhood. Thankfully nobody was murdered though.
In the latest MSM re unsealed documents released today there is still no mention of a big gathering:

“The document includes a summary of the statement Wortman's common-law spouse gave police. She told them that on the evening of April 18, they'd been having drinks and FaceTiming friends at the "warehouse" — a garage with an attached apartment at the Orchard Beach Drive property.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/mass-killing-nova-scotia-search-warrant-1.5575059
Lots of details though
and the NP expands a bit more: N.S. mass shooting: Documents show killer was ‘paranoid’ about COVID-19 pandemic before rampage

Maybe there was an afternoon bbq and then participants went back to their own homes.

Perhaps, but earlier the significance of the party was speculation that some incident occurred there, enough to incite GWs fury including the assault on his common law wife after returning to their home. Then further retaliation by his returning to the party house and group of people present and murdering them.

That contradicts this - “Before the rampage, Wortman and his common-law spouse were having drinks and Facetiming friends.”.....”at their property on 136 Orchard Beach Dr”.

If indeed there was any sort of gathering it’s beginning to appear it wasn’t directly involved in his motive. I also don’t recall the RCMP ever mentioning a party was involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop