CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was apparently asleep in bed when she was either tied up and harmed, or told to get a gun, then she either walked with him or had a handcuff on one wrist, then she was in his car, then she escaped to the bush, then she emerged wearing spandex, no shoes, no coat and did not appear to have spent the night in near freezing temperatures.

"She hid there, in the woods, on a night where temperatures flirted with the freezing mark, until morning. She’d had a jacket, but had discarded it during her flight, hoping the police would find it."
‘It’s done’: Nova Scotia mass shooting documents reveal how anniversary drinks erupted into an abuser’s fury, then carnage

It is possible the gun wasn’t loaded. Keep in mind too that there are indications from previous people she was being abused. Domestic assault victims are normally controlled and manipulated by their abuser. Any idea when the inquiry will be? With covid maybe it will likely be a while.

Even after you close the door, those things take awhile to turn off.

if you are going to release information in exchange for a lighter sentence, you should wait till you are charged with something first.

Homolka’s deal would have likely been worked out before she was formally charged but remember they desperately needed her testimony. In that case it is awful that the tapes couldn’t have been found. She is happily living in Montreal now with her husband and kids.

Homolka’s deal would have likely been worked out before she was formally charged but remember they desperately needed her testimony. In that case it is awful that the tapes couldn’t have been found. She is happily living in Montreal now with her husband and kids.

Bernardo's lawyer, Ken Murray, sat on the tapes, they weren't lost. That's a complete different mess of its own:

"The case raised the larger legal issue of what is acceptable conduct in a criminal defence. Gravely had to decide if Murray was abiding by lawyer-client privilege and guilty of poor judgment, or if he acted criminally."

...but getting back to Portapique... I highly doubt GW's gf was prepped for dealing with the police, or anywhere near as intelligent as KH.

Last edited:
I saw a security camera video of the firehall during this episode and "after" footage too. I was surprised at what appear to me to be "wild shots" fired. They seem to have bad aim with their weapons. I suppose it's a good thing in a way as no one was hurt, but it surprised me to see.
I can only imagine those inside wondering what was going on!

I saw a security camera video of the firehall during this episode and "after" footage too. I was surprised at what appear to me to be "wild shots" fired. They seem to have bad aim with their weapons. I suppose it's a good thing in a way as no one was hurt, but it surprised me to see.
I can only imagine those inside wondering what was going on!

It must’ve been a shocking and traumatizing situation. What is disturbing to me is I think the shooter anticipated accidental shootings to occur between officers amidst the chaos he created.

The killer’s former dentistry office/home is going to be knocked down.

https://twitter.com/CTVAtlantic/status/1367633487361114114?s=20

From the video, developers bought the property for $1.5 million. it’ll be torn down and plans are to build a 150-unit apartment complex, although the approval isn’t in place quite yet. The developer already owns adjacent lots, had their eyes on this property for years, more recent ongoing negotiations for about a year. Then about a week before the shootings GW and the developers came to a verbal agreement, which was put on hold. Public Trustee then sold the property and developers bought it through a bidding process for $300k over the listed price.

Families may have to wait years while the government decides how the Estate will be disbursed.

I’m sure locals will be happy to this building it gone. Even though that cheesy, toothy grinning fixture has been removed from the exterior, I’d imagine the image is still a-fixed in everyone’s mind. JMO

New un-redacted police statements from LS, common-law wife of the killer, about after he attacked her. Not mentioned here, but she goes into details of the attack.

All words below were written by Tim Bousquet, quotes are police statements.

Link to thread of tweets: https://twitter.com/Tim_Bousquet/status/1368992742777495553?s=20
Tim Bousquet@Tim_Bousquet

“Banfield told police that in the immediate aftermath of the assault on her, she fled into the woods, and came upon a tree with an exposed root system, and she was able to hide in the cavity. She said she spent the night there...

...This particular police interview was on April 28, 10 days after the event. (She was interviewed three times by police.) So she of course knew of the mayhem that had transpired...

...The cop wrote: "Lisa Banfield had guilty feelings and wonder if [GW] went to locations that Lisa might attend to get help and killed the people as he went along. Lisa questions whether people would have died if she didn't run away."...

...I'm sure there are people who can better explain it, but this is part of the dynamic of abuse, isn't it? Whatever terrible thing the man does, it's your fault. I am of course not blaming her for this, just noting it...

...Lisa Banfield told police she "did not trust" Lisa McCully, one of the victims. She relates an incident, but understand this is only one side's version of the events, and the other side can't defend herself or give a counter narrative...

...Lisa Banfield said that one day she was throwing a party for GW, and Lisa McCully's dogs came onto the property. LB called LM to collect the dogs. Later that day LM asked LB if she could come to the party and LB said no, it was only for family and friends...

/end quote

New un-redacted police statements from LS, common-law wife of the killer, about after he attacked her. Not mentioned here, but she goes into details of the attack.

Link to thread of tweets: https://twitter.com/Tim_Bousquet/status/1368992742777495553?s=20

“Banfield told police that in the immediate aftermath of the assault on her, she fled into the woods, and came upon a tree with an exposed root system, and she was able to hide in the cavity. She said she spent the night there...

...This particular police interview was on April 28, 10 days after the event. (She was interviewed three times by police.) So she of course knew of the mayhem that had transpired...

...The cop wrote: "Lisa Banfield had guilty feelings and wonder if [GW] went to locations that Lisa might attend to get help and killed the people as he went along. Lisa questions whether people would have died if she didn't run away."...

...I'm sure there are people who can better explain it, but this is part of the dynamic of abuse, isn't it? Whatever terrible thing the man does, it's your fault. I am of course not blaming her for this, just noting it...

...Lisa Banfield told police she "did not trust" Lisa McCully, one of the victims. She relates an incident, but understand this is only one side's version of the events, and the other side can't defend herself or give a counter narrative...

...Lisa Banfield said that one day she was throwing a party for GW, and Lisa McCully's dogs came onto the property. LB called LM to collect the dogs. Later that day LM asked LB if she could come to the party and LB said no, it was only for family and friends...

/end quote
Sorry to say this, but jeez, sounds like the two of them were a perfect match for one another. jmo.

Sorry to say this, but jeez, sounds like the two of them were a perfect match for one another. jmo.

I went back to read the rest of the journalist’s tweets, thinking she was going to explain her thought process that night...but it veered off into some conflicts she admittedly caused with the victims.

Last edited:

/end quote

Just wanted to post this about victim Lisa McCully mentioned in LB’s statement today:

“She had two masters degrees.

She settled in Portapique to raise her children.

There she taught them physics on a backyard bike ramp, biology along the shore and music by campfires.

“The role she cherished most was her role of mother to her two sweet children,” Kierstead told the service.

McCully was a woman of faith.

Religion has long grappled with our struggle to accept a world that can house both such good and such horror.”
Rampage victim Lisa McCully cherished being a mother, mourners told at her funeral | The Chronicle Herald

In the redacted documents on page 71, item 53:1 says the FBI found no evidence of the facetime call the night of April 18 between GW and his American friends. This is the call which triggered the rage according to Lisa Banfield. It was the catalyst for what followed, or so I heard months ago. I have no idea if subsequent investigations found such evidence, but this caught my eye. This and the negative comments about McCully.
As with all else, the more I read, the less I know.
This drip-drip-drip of releasing information just fuels conspiracy theories and mistrust in the RCMP. It must be pure torture for the families of the victims.

In the redacted documents on page 71, item 53:1 says the FBI found no evidence of the facetime call the night of April 18 between GW and his American friends. This is the call which triggered the rage according to Lisa Banfield. It was the catalyst for what followed, or so I heard months ago. I have no idea if subsequent investigations found such evidence, but this caught my eye. This and the negative comments about McCully.
This drip-drip-drip of releasing information just fuels conspiracy theories and mistrust in the RCMP. It must be pure torture for the families of the victims.

There was no evidence of the call?!

I agree with you about how this must feel for the families of the victims.

I’ve seen some of the documents, do you have a central source for yours? I’d like to read them, please.

If you have a link, kindly share.

Something to remember is context - the documents being released support search warrants in the days following the tragedy. It’s by no means intended to be a final report. So I’m also curious how no evidence of a facetime call would be evident without the RCMP receiving records from the service provider, which takes time, especially if the actual device was burnt in the house. Possibly this “no evidence” comment came from the ITO to support exactly that?

If you have a link, kindly share.

Something to remember is context - the documents being released support search warrants in the days following the tragedy. It’s by no means intended to be a final report. So I’m also curious how no evidence of a facetime call would be evident without the RCMP receiving records from the service provider, which takes time, especially if the actual device was burnt in the house. Possibly this “no evidence” comment came from the ITO to support exactly that?

I don’t want to muddy the water because I’m not sharp on the details, but weren’t the friends in Maine interviewed and they confirmed speaking with the killer and his spouse that night?

“...Police wanted that information to better understand how GW obtained his weapons; it appears that some of the information gathered as a result of the search may have resulted in the charge against Banfield for obtaining ammunition for GW that he used in the killings....

...GW marched her back towards the warehouse, and Banfield started screaming and trying to kick him. GW told her they were going to go to Dartmouth, and she presumed he intended to burn down their Portland Street residence and business. He also said they were going to the house of a couple who lived in the Dartmouth area, and “she believed it was to kill [them].”...”
Killer's spouse says she hid in a tree cavity the night of the mass murder

The article goes into greater length about the initial assault. And also details the dry run they previously did of all the critical locations of the shootings.

So, as far as we know right now, LB didn’t volunteer to police that she purchased the ammunition for the killer. They found out as a result of examining her bank records. Which may explain why it took so long for them to lay charges against her—correct me if I’m wrong, please.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back