Canada - Shooting spree in Moncton, NB, leaves 3 RCMP officers dead, 2 injured, June 2014 *Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Global Halifax (TV station) is tweeting that they will be live from 10:30-11am (Atlantic time) with the press conference. They haven’t provided a link for viewing, I’ll look for one.

(It’s now 10:20 am in Atlantic Canada.)

The scanner link is now available in the Scanner Chatter thread.

If you don't know how to get there, let me know and i'll get you there :)

REMINDER that anything heard on the scanner can not be discussed up here !!!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

So I just read the article that was linked earlier on the thread where his childhood friend speaks about him.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/justin-bourque-cop-killer-shooter-2014-6#ixzz33k2Jt4o5

I'm desperately trying to understand how on earth it has gotten to this point and a few things stood out to me:

- his father died recently
- he quit his job recently
- he was homeschooled his whole life in a religious family. I only add this bit because it is reminiscent of the serial killer Israel Keyes - brought up in isolation within a very religious family, obsessed with guns.....a few similarities there.

(Please note I am NOT saying that homeschooling or religion breeds killers!)

I pray that they capture him today. This is truly awful. Sending everyone there in Canada much, much love :please:

I read the article to mean his childhood best friends father had recently passed away prompting the reunion visit and weird encounter. I could be wrong though...

I read the article to mean his childhood best friends father had recently passed away prompting the reunion visit and weird encounter. I could be wrong though...

That's how I read it too

Remembering the Dorner case, when he disappeared for a time he was in a home with some hostages. He didn't hurt them, but he had them. CTV is reporting families are deciding to leave the red zone now and go to family/friends houses instead of staying inside. I hope anyone who has family/friends in the red zone is at least calling them periodically to check on them.

Press conference:

RCMP spokesman:
Not releasing names of fallen officers.
Suspect still at large.
Thanking media and citizens for support and for NOT divulging LE positional information and speculating via social media.

Suspect spotted this morning in a gully near a major road in the area.

Praying for all in Canada and that this person is stopped before anyone else is hurt or killed.

Press conference:

RCMP spokesman:
Not releasing names of fallen officers.
Suspect still at large.
Thanking media and citizens for support and for NOT divulging LE positional information and speculating via social media.

Suspect spotted this morning in a gully near a major road in the area.

Good. Corner him like a rat :tantrum: Wants to go out in a blaze of glory? I hope they can take him alive with no further injuries. I can picture this guy tho wanting LE to take him out or taking himself out :banghead:

I may have missed it, has it been said why he started this, motive?

Does anyone know how to get live streaming on desktop! news out of canafa? I went to sbs , it says live click nothing happens?

Just saying that Canadians have spree killers too. While I hope that doesn't offend you, it is just a statement of how things are.

It doesn't offend at all. You are correct that mental breakdowns that lead to uncontrolled killing can happen anywhere, and Canada is no exception. But in Canada, gun rampages are not common, so the grief and pain are keenly felt throughout the country.

The last time a Mountie was killed from a gunshot was Const. Douglas Scott on Nov. 5, 2007. It feels like yesterday. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back