Canada - Sina Parsi, 32, found murdered, Toronto, Ont, 9 June 2015 - *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://m.facebook.com/TimminsPolice?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1006546346036060&__tn__=C

Timmins Police Service
17 minutes ago ·

To clarify information on social media, no officer has been injured in today's incident. Ambulances were simply being used to transport ERT members from one location to another due to the number of officers on scene.

Corp Comm Coordinator Kate Cantin will provide an update for the media at 9:30 pm at the Timmins Police Service.
<bbm>

Update should be happening in about 2 minutes

It's really difficult, nearly impossible, to hitch-hike into northern Ontario from Vaughan. The highways are all 400 series. The only way to get north without hitting a 400 series highway is by going across Manitoulin Island, and that's only accessible by ferry.

If they stole a car and drove it north, they would likely be caught. It's a very long drive to Timmins on low traffic highways. So ... did they go north by another means?

Why didn't they tear gas that place hours ago? I'm so confused at this point. Is there a suspect still in the store? And if not, how the heck did he get out with a weapon? Or was he ever in there after police arrived?

:waitasec:

So they're on the run? Guess I can go to bed then and wait for news in the morning.

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

It's really difficult, nearly impossible, to hitch-hike into northern Ontario from Vaughan. The highways are all 400 series. The only way to get north without hitting a 400 series highway is by going across Manitoulin Island, and that's only accessible by ferry.

If they stole a car and drove it north, they would likely be caught. It's a very long drive to Timmins on low traffic highways. So ... did they go north by another means?

They did not leave the city out of Vaughan. Their last known location was around Islington and Dundas in Etobicoke. From there, there are lots of ways to get out of the GTA and head north. Trains, buses and hitch hiking. They had a 3-4 day lead before anyone was looking for them and when it was first announced, it was thought they had the dog with them so that gave them even more time to move around undetected.

MOO

Taylor Ablett &#8207;@taylorablett 29s29 seconds ago
It's believed the suspect got away early this morning, under cover of darkness #Timmins #TimminsStandoff

I HOPE this isn't true. WTH?

So of course they don't know who it is. He got away and they have some video surveillance of him with a long gun.

Joey Slattery &#8207;@joeyslatteryCTV 59s60 seconds ago
Police do not know if suspect is still in #Timmins @TimminsPolice say @OPP_NER is no longer holding perimeter. #Timmins #news

I'm so confused. Why do they think he isn't there anymore??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBC Sudbury &#8207;@CBCSudbury 57s57 seconds ago
Timmins police say they do not believe suspect who stole firearms from Canadian Tire is related to Toronto homicide. #cbcsby

Brendan Connor &#8207;@BrendanCTV 2m2 minutes ago
UPDATE: Timmins Police say all day vigil for an armed suspect may have been for nothing. K-9 unit search of Canadian Tire found no-one.

Si I assume when police were headed in one door this morning to check on the alarm and then left and called for assistance, he left via another exit? And it took about 17hrs to figure that out? :notgood:

MOO

What a sh**show this is in Timmins right now.

I thought the detective said earlier that they had a live feed of surveillance inside the store and saw him in there. WTF?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back