CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The OPP was preparing to make a statement around noon Monday about the case. A forensic autopsy is expected to take place Tuesday, after which authorities anticipate being able to positively identify the body

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/st...ille-remains-opp-statement.html#ixzz0ylcSyIqL

Uggghhh....1st she has a neighbour that hears screaming at 3am but does not call it in, THEN the local jogger who knows a person is missing smells a foul stench but doesn't call it in, THEN they both contact the media....why why why

I think soon LE will have the deranged crazy perp.

I agree, deranged. Did he drive a white car smeared with blood 13 kilometers and back to a public area (approximately 24 kilometers in total)? WTH? I hope LE catches this person soon. There has to be evidence of this trip somewhere.

I agree, deranged. Did he drive a white car smeared with blood 13 kilometers and back to a public area (approximately 24 kilometers in total)? WTH? I hope LE catches this person soon. There has to be evidence of this trip somewhere.

Let's hope that they catch this deranged person before he takes the cowards
way out and commits suicide.

Has anyone considered the perp would be out of sorts and may have exited the car then realizing he forgot to pop trunk so reached in via passenger door to do it. Quickly grab and go from trunk no time for worrying about doors or trunk.

Thanks for the idea Boxzer, and welcome to Websleuths!

Anyone here who is familiar with Orangeville who might know if there are any Red Light Cameras at the intersections of Broadway & 10 or 10 & 9 where the car may have been photographed. If so, this potentially could establish a timeline, both coming and going from Orangeville, if that is actually what took place as has been reported in the media.

Anyone here who is familiar with Orangeville who might know if there are any Red Light Cameras at the intersections of Broadway & 10 or 10 & 9 where the car may have been photographed. If so, this potentially could establish a timeline, both coming and going from Orangeville, if that is actually what took place as has been reported in the media.

JMO, I believe LE already has leads regarding cameras, from one article they used the wording "the killers electronic shadow". I think LE learned alot from another Ontario case using cameras from hwy's and businesses. We really are living in the "big brother" is watching you world.

This whole thing sounds too hasty and rushed to be premeditated. It seems like a lurker or an ex-boyfriend wanted to "talk" to her and things did not go the way he had hoped. Hopefully he is shaking in his shoes right now. I don't know enough about Canadian law to know if mens rea is as important in their criminal proceedings.

I hope against hope that she is still alive.

I truly believe that LE knows who did this but are just waiting for the "right time" I'm sure the "electronic shadow" will prove the point. The violence of this crime leads me to believe it was a crime of passion.

This whole thing sounds too hasty and rushed to be premeditated. It seems like a lurker or an ex-boyfriend wanted to "talk" to her and things did not go the way he had hoped. Hopefully he is shaking in his shoes right now. I don't know enough about Canadian law to know if mens rea is as important in their criminal proceedings.

I hope against hope that she is still alive.

I agree this isn't premeditated. The perp left three crime scenes and sounds like he left footprints too.

Welcome to WS.

wow I just discovered by reading a few articles that the body was found within a few km of a friends house. I hope the families have more info right now than we do, at least so they know that they can grieve or continue to hope/pray. Either way, I can't even begin to imagine.

I think the perp had his car or truck parked where Sonia's car was found
and he transferred the body to his vehicle and then dropped her off on Beechgrove road.

He wouldn't want to be driving around with blood spots on the car

I agree. My question is how he got TO her home (his car was parked behind or near town hall area if he drove her car back to his own) in the first place. And how did he get in?

And if he walked to her home and left his car elsewhere knowing he would return to it, then maybe there is a premeditated crime involved?

I'm flipping on this one.

I agree. My question is how he got TO her home (his car was parked behind or near town hall area if he drove her car back to his own) in the first place. And how did he get in?

And if he walked to her home and left his car elsewhere knowing he would return to it, then maybe there is a premeditated crime involved?

bbm

It is believed the assailant drove Varaschin out of town in her own car, then returned to the parkette area and dumped the vehicle.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/article/857184--dimanno-a-chilling-find-but-no-end-to-family-s-wait

We don't know if the perp even had a car.

It is only a short walk from where her car was found to her house.

That morning, police discovered her blood-spattered Toyota Corolla in an alley in Orangeville. Then, less than a half kilometre away, police found blood on the front steps, front door and inside the townhouse where she lived.

I would think with the offensive strong odor that it was a body dumped not long before. Days not months. As well, as soon as police began to process the crime scene with the body all other searches ceased, that tells me sadly the body is Sonia. The road looks very similar to where the found clothed the previous day which we still do not know if related but not comments denying they are not linked either. I agree the police have a good grasp on how, why and by whom she became the prey of unfortunately. I can not help but think the violence at 3am approx. was with someone she invited or less likely someone who entered her home and startled her before the violence begun. If hiding biological evidence I would assume semen as they have not been referring to the blood in this case. Perhaps an unwilling participant. This is not a random act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic