CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Down a secluded country road in Ontario and in the wet woods of Newfoundland, police have made tragic discoveries they hope will help solve the cases of two missing women.

The family of Sonia Varaschin -- who vanished a week ago, leaving investigators to find blood in her Orangeville home and her abandoned car -- is expected to learn today whether human remains discovered by a dog walker on Sunday are hers. Meanwhile, the St. John's neighbourhood of Kilbride, N.L., is filled with rumours after police yesterday announced the arrest of a 39-year-old man in the case of Ann Marie Shirran, a new mother who disappeared in July.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/ca...issing+women/3487769/story.html#ixzz0yr5K5HFV

I wonder if the delay expected in releasing the name of the deceased may not only to make sure no stone remains unturned but also to prepare for an arrest. That way rumors and stories may not be as derimental at that time.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/09/07/15272976.html

dynamic_resize

Investigators believe Varaschin's killer used her car to drive her body to the wooded area alongside Beech Grove Sdrd. before driving it back to Orangeville.

OPP and Orangeville police investigators working under the direction of Det.-Insp. Mark Pritchard "believe that someone in the community holds the key to solving this homicide," the police statement said.

They asked that anyone who may have seen Varaschin's car during the late hours of Aug. 29 or before 10 a.m. on Aug. 30 to contact police at 519-941-2522 ext. 2211 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-8477.

RIP Sonia. Praying for the family and swift justice for the murderer!

Rest in Peace Sonia. My deepest and heartfelt condolences to the Varaschin family.

Investigators said Tuesday they believe the person -- or persons -- responsible for Sonia's murder used her own car to move her body from her residence in Orangeville to where she was eventually found

More than one person? This is the first media report I've seen where it is worded this way.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...n-remains-100907/20100907/?hub=TorontoNewHome

Police have said the woman was likely killed by someone who knew her. They believe she was dragged from her home wrapped up in blood-soaked bed sheets. Investigators said the bed sheets were missing from the townhouse.

Ontario Provincial Police have identified human remains discovered Wednesday as those of Sonia Varaschin, a missing 42-year-old, and have ruled her death a homicide.

A post-mortem examination was conducted Tuesday at the Centre of Forensic Sciences in Toronto.

"The Varaschin family has been notified and they have requested privacy as they deal with the news of Sonia's death," OPP said in a statement.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...n-remains-100907/20100907/?hub=TorontoNewHome

Peace to Sonia. No one can ever hurt you again.

I need to rant here. This lovely, kind woman did not deserve this. It's a nightmare what happened to her. Someone came into her home in the night and viciously attacked her, stole her life. THIS PERSON HAS TO BE CAUGHT. Can you imagine how her neighbours and the people of Orangeville feel? I'm horrified a few hundred km away.

If police think the perp or perps took her car and parked it in the alley AFTER dumping her body ( :( ) then why would the trunk be open? What did he get out of the trunk? Is it possible that the perp drove with the trunk open after disposing of her if she was in the trunk? Both front doors open may make the police think there could be two perps. Are the police still actively looking for the sheets from her home? Was her body discovered wrapped inside of the sheets?

Varaschin's white Toyota Corolla was found at Orangeville Town Hall the same day her disappearance was reported. The car was blood-stained and both front doors and the trunk were open. A bloody crime scene was found at her Orangeville townhouse complex.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/st...o-autopsy-orangeville-body.html#ixzz0ytEO7CPH

Facebook ID: Roy Flannigan
Dear Websleuths:

This is my first post here. I have known about you for some time though and have always admired your dedication and intelligence. I joined a few days ago because Sonia Varaschin was missing...and now we know the terrible news, that it was her body found on Sunday (which police most likely knew right away). I have been doing REVERSE SPEECH ANALYSIS on the 9+min newscast, and am working away at all the reversals and have found some important information. I am not an expert or certified with this though (I taught myself) and so therefore COULD REALLY benefit from someone who has a bit more experience or a better ear, etc. I can provide all my work up to this point. Anything sensitive will of coarse be only be shared in private. I don't know what else to say about this...but I will say that when I was still somewhat in shock from hearing the news I somehow managed to pop open Viv Varaschins chatbox (I wasn't thinking clearly or I would of been too afraid to do that). I gave my condolances, and promised him that I would not give up trying to find out who did this. I believe that ALL of you at websleuths are here with me on this agreement, and I am very , very grateful because I know I can't do it all alone!

So that's about it, normally I waste too much time playing stupid (well there actually pretty highly sophisticated) video games. I can't do that now. I need to find out what the messages say in that audio, and I bet I can get good at this pretty quickly...as I expressed to someone just recently though...currently I feel like an eager child trying to copy a great work of art. So I guess what I'm hoping for is that I have some natural talent here, because my training is pretty minimal.

For anyone here from Sonia Varaschins family or friends, my heartfelt condolences on your terrible loss, there are no words that can cover or take away your current pain, but I do leave you with a quotation from the Bible that I posted on Sonia's Wall upon hearing the heartbreaking news today..."It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck , and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones." - St. Luke

Welcome to Websleuths Halo777. Looking forward to your input, ideas and opinions.

You know what gets me? She was a nurse. A nurse. Someone who spent their life tending to others' needs, taking care of the ill, the dying. She probably would've taken care of the person who did this to her.

Someone who can spend their life taking care of people who are in the hospital is a special person indeed. I am in nursing school right now, and work with these angels daily. I only hope I'm good enough to be as competent and caring as Sonia was.

Rest easy, Angel Sonia. You took care of those in desperate need while you were here; now you're being cared for in the Arms of Heaven. Rest easy, rest easy, rest easy. And thank you for all your caring and heart...

Best-
Herding Cats

You know what gets me? She was a nurse. A nurse. Someone who spent their life tending to others' needs, taking care of the ill, the dying. She probably would've taken care of the person who did this to her.

Someone who can spend their life taking care of people who are in the hospital is a special person indeed. I am in nursing school right now, and work with these angels daily. I only hope I'm good enough to be as competent and caring as Sonia was.

Rest easy, Angel Sonia. You took care of those in desperate need while you were here; now you're being cared for in the Arms of Heaven. Rest easy, rest easy, rest easy. And thank you for all your caring and heart...

Best-
Herding Cats

I echo your sentiments. I have been a nurse for almost 30 years and I know a nurses heart. Not knowing Sonia, I know she had a nurses heart, you can see it in her face especially the photos with the children.
I believe they know who did this and they are just waiting for the right evidence to cinch the conviction. Justice will be served.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018