CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chilling, sick, callous and vicious. Whoever killed Sonia has not only robbed her of her life but robbed her family, too. But the killer also robbed everybody, says Viv.

“My sister did a lot of things for a lot of people in the community and we will be talking some more about this in the days to come.”

It is true Sonia Varaschin is a murder victim.

But more important, says Viv, is “my sister made a difference.”

http://www.torontosun.com/news/columnists/joe_warmington/2010/09/07/15275521.html

This is such a tragedy. I've been following this case in the news and I don't think there was much doubt that the body discovered would turn out to be Sonia. My condolences to her family and friends who knew and loved her.

RIP

:rose:

So this is the INFO...and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could alert the proper authorities to this information...Thank you very much in advance for allowing all of us to work together to bring resolution to this.

snipped for brievity and bbm

Why is it you want someone else to alert the authorities? Why are you not alerting them yourself with your information if you think it's relevant?

You say you don't like cops and you don't like criminals. Calling Crimestoppers is completely anonymous...and it should be you who does it.

Also, as mentioned above, by calling crimestoppers, you would be considered anoymous and if the information is important enough, not liking LE, should be no reason not to leave an anoymous tip in order to help find criminal of this horrific tragedy. If I had information that was relevant to apprehending the suspect, I wouldn't hesitate to contact LE, even if I wasn't fond of them - that would not stop me in helping get justice served for a beautiful young woman who was murdered.

Wow. I guess we need to get a cop over here to read the post.

RS= Remote sensing or reverse speech?

EDIT: oh, I guess the post is gone now.

I would of hoped that answer would be painfully obvious to you by reading perhaps. ...

Hi Halo,
Welcome to WS. First, I hid the post, because IF this is relevent info, we at WS do not want to 'tip off the perp'. Anyone and everyone can read these posts and the last thing we at WS would want to do is to post information which may be very relevent, but could hinder and be harmful to the case if 'distributed' via the WWW.

If you, as the main source of this info, believe it is relevent to the case it will not help if LE receives it through a civilian third party via an online site such as WS. As another WS'r strongly suggested, if you are not comfortable giving this information directly to LE call crimestoppers where you can give them this info to pass along to LE and you can do so anonymously.

thanks for your interest in the case, hope this helps!

Cubby

Hi Halo,
Welcome to WS. First, I hid the post, because IF this is relevent info, we at WS do not want to 'tip off the perp'. Anyone and everyone can read these posts and the last thing we at WS would want to do is to post information which may be very relevent, but could hinder and be harmful to the case if 'distributed' via the WWW.

If you, as the main source of this info, believe it is relevent to the case it will not help if LE receives it through a civilian third party via an online site such as WS. As another WS'r strongly suggested, if you are not comfortable giving this information directly to LE call crimestoppers where you can give them this info to pass along to LE and you can do so anonymously.

thanks for your interest in the case, hope this helps!

Cubby

Is it possible to send the post to the police via WS? TIA

Halo,
I can not submit the tip for you. I have no direct knowledge or involvement in the information you posted. My suggestion is for you to submit it yourself directly to LE, or for you to contact crimestoppers who is an 'official' liason to work directly between LE and the public as an avenue to submit tips anonymously.

that is the best we can offer here at WS.

thanks.

Cubby

I will answer the question, but folks it is a WS rule to not discuss removed posts.

Halo has some information he or she would like to be submitted as a tip to LE, and the info has been removed from WS because it may -or- may not be relevent to the case. That is up to LE to decide.... We've given Halo the info on how to submit the info anonymously through crimestoppers.

that pretty much sums it up.

thanks
Cubby

Halo,
I'm not sure you are aware but any WS'rs claiming to have 'inside info' from any of the case players has to contact Tricia, the owner of Websleuths to be verified. She needs your full real name, telephone number and to speak with your directly before you can post about having 'inside info' on any cases.

This is something we at WS do to protect you, WS and the integrity of the cases we discuss her.

You can email Tricia directly at tgrif@xmission.com for member verification.

Thank you,
Cubby

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...n-details-100908/20100908/?hub=TorontoNewHome

Police say work boots key clue in Varaschin murder

OPP and Orangeville police investigators are looking at some particular types of footware as they seek the public's help in identifying who killed Orangeville nurse Sonia Varaschin.

At a news conference on Wednesday, they displayed four different sets of work boots -- two made by Dakota and two by WindRiver.

They are sized 10 or 11. The two brands are sold exclusively through the Mark's Work Wearhouse.

"Last week, through the media, we asked the public to be our eyes and ears in our search for Sonia," said Det. Insp. Mark Pritchard.

Varaschin was reported missing on Sept. 30. She had failed to report to work at a Mississauga pharmaceutical company. Police found her bloodied Toyota Corolla less than 500 metres from her townhouse.

On Sunday morning, someone out walking their dog found remains believed to be those of Varaschin. An autopsy determined the remains were those of Varaschin, and that she was a homicide victim.

Pritchard noted that the public helped find Varaschin's body, and they can play an equally important role in identifying her killer.

I too haven't posted much on WS, but did become a member last year and became quickly intrigued by the Tori Stafford case....I see a lot of familiar WS's here on this forum as well....which is great too see as all of these terrible tragedies have happened so 'close to home' and we all want justice to be served....

I was very puzzled with Halo's first post as I was very unfamiliar with the definition of reverse speech analysis.

This was posted on another thread by Tricia about this same issue.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - "Catch Me Killer" - Claimed to Have Murdered Tara

Police seek owner of boots worn in Varaschin murder

Police are looking for a pair of boots that might have been worn by the person who murdered Orangeville nurse Sonia Varaschin.

Orangeville police and OPP officers said Wednesday that tracks found at the scene indicate the perpetrator wore men's size 10 or 11 Wind River or Dakota boots, purchased from Mark's Work Wearhouse.

They said they believe the killer was very familiar with Varaschin's townhouse complex and the Orangeville area. They are looking for someone who owned similar work boots who may have replaced them since the Aug. 29.

They say there was no evidence of forced entry into Varaschin's home and that they believe only one person is involved in her murder.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100908/100908_sonia_varaschin/20100908/?hub=CP24Home

OPP and Orangeville police investigators are looking at some particular types of footware as they seek the public's help in identifying who killed nurse Sonia Varaschin.

At a news conference on Wednesday, they displayed four different sets of work boots -- two made by Dakota and two by WindRiver.

They are sized 10 or 11. The two brands are sold exclusively through the Mark's Work Wearhouse.

"Last week, through the media, we asked the public to be our eyes and ears in our search for Sonia," said Det. Insp. Mark Pritchard.

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...n-details-100908/20100908/?hub=TorontoNewHome

ImageShrinker

OPP and Orangeville police display shoes similar to those wanted in connection to the murder of Sonia Varaschin during a press conference in Orangeville, Ont., Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2010. (Austin Delaney / CTV News)

OPP and Orangeville police investigators are looking at some particular types of footware as they seek the public's help in identifying who killed nurse Sonia Varaschin.

I have a family member who was asked to work at the MWW in Orangeville this week (needing more staff, coincidence, perhaps) ...instead of at their 'home' MWW....perhaps there are past receipts with purchaser's information for sales of that style of workboot from that location or MWW stores close by...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry