Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a pretty big coincidence if he ISNT connected somehow, seeing as he knows TM, SB and CP, and families.

Oh I don't believe for a moment the person in custody isn't the #1 prime suspect in both Sara's death and TM's disappearance.

IF CPS cannot come up with something to charge their suspect with before the 24 hour window is over (10:30-ish), and they have to release him...

And he's a person "known" to both sides of the family (Sara's and TM's dad)...

And he's the person TM's godmother mentioned when she was interviewed and said essentially the entire family has one person in mind as being the suspect...

I would not be at all surprised to learn someone else took justice into their own hands. I certainly hope they don't, but it wouldn't surprise me.
They'll find something in one of the cars, or, in the home!

Why haven't they searched the suspects home yet? If the last person they saw TM with was him... And the fact that he isn't coroperating speaks millions...

I wonder if he was dating Sara or some sort of hook up partner. He may have slept over.

But how to explain him parking so far away? I was looking on google maps, it's a completely suburban neighbourhood with lots of street parking since everyone has wide driveways to park their vehicles.

And if he stayed over, why did the incident seemingly happen in the late morning? A five year old is usually up fairly early in the morning and Mom's pretty busy getting them both ready for the day, she'd have sent the date home, I think.

Perhaps LE are searching the ditch for SB's cell phone if it was removed from her home by the suspect which could possibly link the suspect to SB .

... witnesses see Stocky Black Man and Girl Matching TM's Description getting OUT of SB's car (parked several blocks away??) and into the gray sedan, at around 11:30 in the morning. So whoever this guy is, was either in Sara's house overnight or very early that morning.

Actually, SB's car was noted as missing from her home when she was found. Later it was located about 1 km or so away (not sure of exact location). That's when a witness recalled a man and TM getting out of that car and into the grey one. So he seems to have parked there and, presumably, walked to SB's. LE have said they obtained CCTV footage of him, I assume during that walk he was captured on a camera.

Actually, SB's car was noted as missing from her home when she was found. Later it was located about 1 km or so away (not sure of exact location). That's when a witness recalled a man and TM getting out of that car and into the grey one. So he seems to have parked there and, presumably, walked to SB's. LE have said they obtained CCTV footage of him, I assume during that walk he was captured on a camera.
That should be enough for a search warrant on his home?

As someone noted, if they had reason to believe Taliyah was there then a Justice of the Peace would have rushed a warrant. The fact this hasn't happened leads me to believe either: a) he doesn't live in Calgary and his phone GPS shows he didn't go to the city he lives in, b) he lives in Calgary but on a side of the city his phone didn't ping during the search period, or c) he doesn't have a residence. But who knows!

There is a closed group. Maybe that's the one. I'm not sure if we are allowed to link it, as it's not public.

I read your post wrong. There is ANOTHER group. Geez... Thank you for letting me know!

It isn't closed for me. I am signed into FB, does that make a difference?

No. Then ignore me :p

A closed FB group you have to ask to join, and be accepted by an admin. Only members of the closed group can see what is posted on the page.

*Not case related, just a general explanation*

So we have 4 hours on the clock until his possible release? What needs to happen in the next 4 hours? Just some charge? Any charge? Can they not get a fingerprint from the apartment or the car? You would think one print would be all they would need to be able to hold him longer... But I don't know how it works well enough. So as the clock counts down to 10:30 in Calgary, can we expect them to make an announcement one way or the other? (If they keep him or release him?)

But how to explain him parking so far away? I was looking on google maps, it's a completely suburban neighbourhood with lots of street parking since everyone has wide driveways to park their vehicles.

And if he stayed over, why did the incident seemingly happen in the late morning? A five year old is usually up fairly early in the morning and Mom's pretty busy getting them both ready for the day, she'd have sent the date home, I think.

There just doesn't seem to be another reason for him being there early in the morning. Sara was due to work at 10 am or earlier and it seems unlikely he would plan for all of this to happen in broad daylight.

It seems much more likely that he didn't plan to kill Sara. He was over for another reason and it happened unplanned. Then he took Taliyah because he didn't know what to do with her. He hid Sara, acted normal with Taliyah. Got her ready and then they left.

Taliyah being the target doesn't make much sense just because taking her at 11:30 am pretty much guarantees being seen by people and on camera. Gotta think he didn't plan this

Absolutely, there must be some reason behind the negative on searching his home, such as that he was of no fixed address.

Another point is that, since he is known to the family and CM, he wouldn't have been a hookup, or casual relationship, her Aunt, etc, wouldn't know about her love life, I don't think.

It also occurs to me that a man taking a child in the middle of the day like that is so risky, she's old enough to make trouble and there's no info she was being restrained, otherwise witnesses would've contacted police right away, this is very family-oriented suburban area.

Just issues that seem to me make the case a bit different and hopefully indicate she was delivered to someone else. But perhaps that's wishful thinking.

So we have 4 hours on the clock until his possible release? What needs to happen in the next 4 hours? Just some charge? Any charge? Can they not get a fingerprint from the apartment or the car? You would think one print would be all they would need to be able to hold him longer... But I don't know how it works well enough. So as the clock counts down to 10:30 in Calgary, can we expect them to make an announcement one way or the other? (If they keep him or release him?)

Playing devils advocate.
If he's known to the family a fingerprint, hair can be easily explained. He could have been over. Had them in their car. It could have transferred when he was over their place.
They would need more than just a fingerprint especially if this guy has been over or visited or whatever.
I'm not sure what their relationship is. He could be a distant friend or a closer friend.

Dad told a ctv reporter that he does not know the man who is in custody

Oh and yes, they will probably let the public know that he had been released.
I understand everyone wants to find this little girl, however please remember that at times you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Innocent people are convicted every year.

Ah yes.... but if they find something then, they can throw specific questions at him. Questions that will he won't be able to ignore. He'll attempt to answer (with anything if need be). If they find something, they can charge him, refuse him bail, or give bail (which could be set very high). If he makes bail, he walks.
The law is in favour of the accused, so he could very well state, yes they were friends and they were frequently in his car etc. They would need to prove when SB or TM was in his car ie pointing to the fatal or missing date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3