Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very difficult not to put blame and frustration on the LE. Believe you me, they too get very frustrated with having to do everything right, so the suspect can not get off. The challenge in the court is to prove guilt. LE work tirelessly trying to do this, and when they get a good case with tons of evidence before the courts, the judges often throw out. We in Canada have seen this over and over again. Look at the impaired driver in Ontario (MM)recently, who killed 3 children, and their grandfather....he plead guilty to impaired driving........ the judge still didn't give him a harsh sentence. (10 years for 4 lives) I've heard many times over from some quite famous LE, that our system stinks. You can virtually kill someone and you could get off. Look at the Bosma case. Our judicial system is sick, and the repairs need to be started at the top down. The cops must follow the law and get their ducks in a row.

Don't be discouraged, it's not just the courts in Canada that could use an overhaul, the courts here in the U.S. are full of loopholes and are manipulated by the lawyers everyday.
Ever heard of Casey Anthony, O.J. Simpson, or Jodi Arias ??

Don't be discouraged, it's not just the courts in Canada that could use an overhaul, the courts here in the U.S. are full of loopholes and are manipulated by the lawyers everyday.
Ever heard of Casey Anthony, O.J. Simpson, or Jodi Arias ??

Friends used to laugh.... I was glued to the boob tube for those cases. Should have been a lawyer!! LOL

I agree.
If you look at a map, it's almost directly east of Sarah's house, and then a turn south on the road... What I almost pictured was that they tracked his phone going straight out of Calgary, down that road, and then back to the city. No stops, or a very brief stop, to throw evidence out a window. Thinking driving 20 minutes was far enough to dispose of a weapon or something. It would look really suspicious on the GPS to drive straight out to that road and straight back so I'm sure it raised alarm bells immediately.
You're absolutely right, my parents used to live on an acreage in that area and I live a block and a half from SB's house. Very, very easy and quick access.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

If they could get a drop of TM or SB DNA in that car, he would have to answer questions!!!!

I think all of these searches along the highway are an attempt to find the murder weapon, not the little girl. That's why they are allowing the media to get so close.

In this case, the more eyes looking for a gun or a knife, the better. The media is welcome to join in.

If they have to cut this guy loose because of a lack of evidence, it's going to be a complete outrage.

If they are looking for a weapon, why not use some metal detectors also?

I think all of these searches along the highway are an attempt to find the murder weapon, not the little girl. That's why they are allowing the media to get so close.

In this case, the more eyes looking for a gun or a knife, the better. The media is welcome to join in.

If they have to cut this guy loose because of a lack of evidence, it's going to be a complete outrage.
You'd think with his extensive criminal record they could find something to hold him on. Let's hope or all hell is going to break loose

If they are looking for a weapon, why not use some metal detectors also?

Metal detectors are usually needed to find something underneath the ground surface, not something lying right on top of it like a knife or a gun.

Speaking of which, I just sort of latched onto this thread in the last day, has it been disclosed how the mother was killed ? Shooting, stabbing, choking, blunt force ??

From what I can find, the research evidence is that so-called truth serums are not reliable. They can lower inhibitions, but not completely prevent someone from lying. And there is the risk that they might cause false confessions. Let's say you didn't rob the store, but you have often thought about robbing that store. Under the influence of the drug, you might have a hard time distinguishing between fact and fantasy, and confess to robbing it even though you hadn't actually carried out your idea.

I know, this is kind of a side issue. Just hoping they manage to find that poor little girl alive.

My surgeon for my gall bladder told me that they gave some meds for surgery given prior to surgery I think but not positive but it acted like a truth serum. He told me a story of a high school football player who talked about his sexual relations with his boyfriends while he was on this drug and how his parents were in shock! LOL! I was given the same drug, the Dr was laughing at me after surgery because he said I asked him to let me have my gall bladder and put it in a jar to take home and show my kids (they were teenagers at the time). He thought it was funny.

But back to subject of so I thought about robbing a bank or store and didn't, I say I wanted to and then they have to have proof. If I say I put a gun in the drawer in my night stand and it's clearly not there, then I lied. It would be about missing children /people, if the person was not where you stated they were, then you have nothing to worry about right? Just saying there are ways to avoid imprisonment for thoughts vs real actions etc.

Metal detectors are usually needed to find something underneath the ground surface, not something lying right on top of it like a knife or a gun.

Speaking of which, I just sort of latched onto this thread in the last day, has it been disclosed how the mother was killed ? Shooting, stabbing, choking, blunt force ??
Not yet. The autopsy was completed Tuesday and it was indicated results Wednesday but maybe they are holding back on purpose

As Canadians, do we ever lose it in complete outrage?? Nah, we are too darn polite. But having said that, I would hate to think masses gathering, demanding justice. They would cause the already tired LE to be detracted from their searches. But I would LOVE to see outrage in cases such as this.

Not that I know about. I just saw it looked like possibly some tall grass in the ditches so that's why I thought metal detector.

Not that I know about. I just saw it looked like possibly some tall grass in the ditches so that's why I thought metal detector.
It's amazing that they can find anything in the tall grass isn't it. I'm always missing my kids stuff and chewing it up in the lawn mower and mine isn't near that!

It's amazing that they can find anything in the tall grass isn't it. I'm always missing my kids stuff and chewing it up in the lawn mower and mine isn't near that!

LOL Yea, I have trouble finding stuff I have dropped in my home in my carpet sometimes . I would also think if they were looking for Taliyah, that they would have search dogs out there.

LOL Yea, I have trouble finding stuff I have dropped in my home in my carpet sometimes . I would also think if they were looking for Taliyah, that they would have search dogs out there.
They did when they were looking for Nathan and his grandparents. They will employ every possible resource they need to find what they are looking for without a doubt. If they thought they were looking for a body they would have to have called off the Amber Alert as well.

Its always painful to follow these stories in Canada.. if it was in the States we'd already have his baby pictures posted. :facepalm:

Agreed. However just think that suspicion does not make someone guilty. It can be a pain to sleuth with so much limitations.

Thanks for making my point.

If I was given a truth serum and asked if I robbed the store, my answer would be no. Since I didn't rob the store, that would exonerate me.

If I was given a truth serum and asked if I robbed the store and my answer was yes.......then case closed. Off to jail I go.

If they can come up with chemical concoctions to kill someone deader than a brick in 5 minutes, then the same chemists can come up with chemical concoctions to make a person tell the truth whether they want to or not. By the way, those drugs already exist, and have for years. It's the people that pass the laws which govern you and me that have not allowed those methods to be used by LE.

They don't mind forcing me to wear a seat belt, but they cringe at the thought of forcing a career criminal to give up the location of an endangered child. Makes a lot of sense.

Work with me
They give you the truth serum. Which you are fatally allergic to. Oops sorry. It's the cost of being a suspect!
So this would be ok?
What about identical twins? Same DNA.
Or what about if you were there and if you tell your family is dead.
Slippery slope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members