Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW
What follows is my rough transcript of the Globalnews interview of Colin Marsman which was posted July 14 2016 at 9:18 am

http://globalnews.ca/news/2824354/a...rview-with-father-of-missing-taliyah-marsman/

Please note that this is not official, nor in any way connected with the participants or employees or management of Globalnews.

RF = Reid Fiest, Globalnews Reporter

Transcript: Interview of Colin Marsman (father of missing girl, Taliyah Marsman) by Globalnews.

RF: Do you know anything about what's, what's--like who they've got in custody or that sort of thing or...

CM: I, um, I'm finding out the same things, uh, as everybody, at the same, at the same time as everybody else. Um, I just, I stay glued to the, to the TV and um, I, I, I'm not--I'm finding out the same thing as everybody else at the same time.

RF: Do you know that car? Have you seen the car that police have, have shown?

CM: I have, I have no idea about that. I don't know whose, whose that is or anything. I'm working closely with the police and I stay in contact with the police. Every hour, we're talking to each other. Um, um, but as far as for information and stuff, I find out at the same time as everybody else does. *****[But I’m cooperating with them. We’re staying close in contact. But as far as that situation I’m not sure. *I don’t know who may own that or whose it is. I wish I could be more help.]

RF: Do you have any idea about who might have done this and why someone would have done this?

CM: No sir, I don't. Not at all.

RF: How are you doing?

CM: Trying to stay strong for my son…and, uh, for my daughter I'm going to get her back. And I'm trying to, trying to, trying to stay strong sir, you know?

RF: Do, do you have a message for your daughter if she could, if she could hear you? Or, what would you want to tell Taliyah?

CM: To, to tell her that Daddy loves her, and I'm here and I'm waiting for her to come back home, and I'm praying. And, I believe that, you know, I'm going to see her soon. And I just can't wait to see my daughter. That's all, all I have sir. I'm praying every day. (indecipherable to me) All my family and friends are praying and hoping for the best. I believe we're going to see her and, uh, I just want everybody to pray. Keep, keep praying for her, my daughter to come home safe.

***** Please note. Before I could review my transcript by going through the video at the site again, I had to get some things done. When I came back, my computer was frozen--total Mac spiral of death--so I exited the frozen screen (I know it's not the correct IT language, but hope it's clear). I went to the same website, played what seemed to be the same interview EXCEPT it's not. A section had been edited. You can hear the word "but" on what is still posted. And the words of the section I've set in a different font are no longer on the video. The rest of the video is what I had written, and what, at least at the time I looked at it, is essentially the same on the transcription provided on the site by Global. The Global transcription may also have been changed so better reflect the existing version of the interview. It may have been eliminated to save time or space, but I found it odd. I guess it's the equivalent of reporter's notes, not everything makes it onto the page. However, I wanted people who listened to the interview before the change to be aware of why there is a discrepancy between what they may remember hearing and what I wrote in my transcript. Hope that clarifies things.

Very interesting Wendiesan.............I think that she's still alive, where the police are searching could have been a drop off point where Taliyah was passed on to someone else. Pure supposition of course MOO IMO.

I didn't have a clear feed, so I may have heard this wrong (please pipe in anyone who heard this), but I believe they said that they identified the grey sedan from the video and eye witness accounts (of seeing the black man and TH exit SB's car and enter the grey sedan). From that they identified the owner. They tracked his cell phone. Followed him for a short while until he pulled into the parking lot of a strip mall (perhaps with a Tim Hortons) near 32nd Av and 32nd St. NE. That's where they arrested him.

Wouldn't they know the age for sure if they have him in custody..like he is 43 so mid forties, not late 30's to early 40's? Just sayin.

I'm sure LE know exactly how old he is but are divulging virtually no information about the person in custody other than to say he is know the family. They're not giving much away,

I didn't have a clear feed, so I may have heard this wrong (please pipe in anyone who heard this), but I believe they said that they identified the grey sedan from the video and eye witness accounts (of seeing the black man and TH exit SB's car and enter the grey sedan). From that they identified the owner. They tracked his cell phone. Followed him for a short while until he pulled into the parking lot of a strip mall (perhaps with a Tim Hortons) near 32nd Av and 32nd St. NE. That's where they arrested him.

I didn't hear him say the cell phone part, but I'm trying to find the link so I can listen to it all again. I *thought* he said they spotted the car, identified it and followed it for a short while to the strip mall, where it was stopped and suspect taken into custody. I may have missed the part about tracking the phone though.

BBM

I did not hear that they used his cell phone to track him and follow him. I heard they used various investigative techniques. IMO you are probably correct however I didn't hear them say verbatim what I have bolded. If you read between the lines...that's probably what happened. If I am wrong, I stand corrected. :)

I've been lurking.

If TM is still alive (I hope she is), I hope human trafficking isn't involved. Scares me thinking about it.

Its always painful to follow these stories in Canada.. if it was in the States we'd already have his baby pictures posted. :facepalm:

Its always painful to follow these stories in Canada.. if it was in the States we'd already have his baby pictures posted. :facepalm:
I suppose that protects innocent people though too right ... like not destroying someone's reputation by plastering their picture all over if they turn out to be innocent.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Just because you think a person is guilty doesn't mean they are. So yes, their rights have to be protected. Otherwise it would be ok for police to take you to jail because a man rob a convenience store 2 blocks from your house. You are a male, so you did it and are guilty.

Sorry I know people get angry at criminal lawyers here, however we as a society need to understand that proof is what is needed to convict someone.
Off my soapbox.
I just want TM found.

Thanks for making my point.

If I was given a truth serum and asked if I robbed the store, my answer would be no. Since I didn't rob the store, that would exonerate me.

If I was given a truth serum and asked if I robbed the store and my answer was yes.......then case closed. Off to jail I go.

If they can come up with chemical concoctions to kill someone deader than a brick in 5 minutes, then the same chemists can come up with chemical concoctions to make a person tell the truth whether they want to or not. By the way, those drugs already exist, and have for years. It's the people that pass the laws which govern you and me that have not allowed those methods to be used by LE.

They don't mind forcing me to wear a seat belt, but they cringe at the thought of forcing a career criminal to give up the location of an endangered child. Makes a lot of sense.

c04e1114d6f5e0813febc7fa9ee54ae0.jpg

This is what the search looked like for Nathan O'Brien, this in not a search for a body yet. I'm really trying to hold on to hope for this beautiful girl.

In the news clip showing the officers searching the ditches, does anyone think it odd that they are only searching the ditch area up to the fence line? As opposed to searching the fields as well.
Thanks PrincessButtercup for your photo, we must have been wondering similarly.

Thanks for making my point.

If I was given a truth serum and asked if I robbed the store, my answer would be no. Since I didn't rob the store, that would exonerate me.

If I was given a truth serum and asked if I robbed the store and my answer was yes.......then case closed. Off to jail I go.

If they can come up with chemical concoctions to kill someone deader than a brick in 5 minutes, then the same chemists can come up with chemical concoctions to make a person tell the truth whether they want to or not. By the way, those drugs already exist, and have for years. It's the people that pass the laws which govern you and me that have not allowed those methods to be used by LE.

They don't mind forcing me to wear a seat belt, but they cringe at the thought of forcing a career criminal to give up the location of an endangered child. Makes a lot of sense.

Yes, they do have those drugs and have for yrs, I've heard stories, might as well have them put to good use IMO. And I totally agree with the latter comment also. Things need to change.

It's very difficult not to put blame and frustration on the LE. Believe you me, they too get very frustrated with having to do everything right, so the suspect can not get off. The challenge in the court is to prove guilt. LE work tirelessly trying to do this, and when they get a good case with tons of evidence before the courts, the judges often throw out. We in Canada have seen this over and over again. Look at the impaired driver in Ontario (MM)recently, who killed 3 children, and their grandfather....he plead guilty to impaired driving........ the judge still didn't give him a harsh sentence. (10 years for 4 lives) I've heard many times over from some quite famous LE, that our system stinks. You can virtually kill someone and you could get off. Look at the Bosma case. Our judicial system is sick, and the repairs need to be started at the top down. The cops must follow the law and get their ducks in a row.

In the news clip showing the officers searching the field, does anyone think it odd that they are only searching the ditch area up to the fence line? As opposed to searching the fields as well.

Actually gives me comfort... Seems like they are looking for items thrown for a car.

In the news clip showing the officers searching the ditches, does anyone think it odd that they are only searching the ditch area up to the fence line? As opposed to searching the fields as well.

The police said he was in the area momentarily. Perhaps a brief stop, not long enough to walk that far

From what I can find, the research evidence is that so-called truth serums are not reliable. They can lower inhibitions, but not completely prevent someone from lying. And there is the risk that they might cause false confessions. Let's say you didn't rob the store, but you have often thought about robbing that store. Under the influence of the drug, you might have a hard time distinguishing between fact and fantasy, and confess to robbing it even though you hadn't actually carried out your idea.

I know, this is kind of a side issue. Just hoping they manage to find that poor little girl alive.

With regards to why they haven't searched his residence, "if" they were able to track him with GPS they may know that he didn't go to his residence.

After listening to the presser, I'm left with the impression that this perp was known to the family pretty well and was either targeting the mother, the daughter, or both for yet unexplained reasons. This wasn't a stranger on stranger crime. Since the mom and her husband were separated, the theory of a love triangle has to be opened up. It's also possible that he was stalking her, knowing that she would now be home alone and without a man in the house.

The police said he was in the area momentarily. Perhaps a brief stop, not long enough to walk that far

I agree.
If you look at a map, it's almost directly east of Sarah's house, and then a turn south on the road... What I almost pictured was that they tracked his phone going straight out of Calgary, down that road, and then back to the city. No stops, or a very brief stop, to throw evidence out a window. Thinking driving 20 minutes was far enough to dispose of a weapon or something. It would look really suspicious on the GPS to drive straight out to that road and straight back so I'm sure it raised alarm bells immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3