Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's known to family but Coleman won't say to what level. I think he said known to both sides - my connection's sloppy.

That's interesting. So if there's a possibility her father knows him, he either doesn't know him really well or hasn't had recent contact if he doesn't recognise the car? I can't imagine what he must be going through.

Edit: or I guess the car could be borrowed/stolen?

Nothing of significance has been found
Man arrested at 10:30 last night
They have confirmation that suspect was in that area being searched, momentarily.
Nothing has been found except for teddy bear. Not sure it's connected.
A girl that they believed to be TM was observed leaving mom's car and go into the Grey car being driven by suspect arrested.
No comment about whether TM was distressed at that time.
Monday around 11:30 - noon was the last time someone saw TM. It hasn't been confirmed that it was her however detectives believe it was her.
The suspect arrested I known to both sides of the family. He's not related. He's in mid thirties - early forties.
The suspect arrested needs to be charged tonight or he will be released. Not releasing the name until charged. Suspect is not cooperating with officers.

I think it's a disgrace that in this point in time, with all of our high tech gidgets and gadgets, we have no way to force someone to talk if they don't want to.

It's a shame that all the laws are geared towards protecting the rights of the criminal and completely ignore the rights of the victims, be they living or dead.

Nothing of significance has been found
Man arrested at 10:30 last night
They have confirmation that suspect was in that area being searched, momentarily.
Nothing has been found except for teddy bear. Not sure it's connected.
A girl that they believed to be TM was observed leaving mom's car and go into the Grey car being driven by suspect arrested.
No comment about whether TM was distressed at that time.
Monday around 11:30 - noon was the last time someone saw TM. It hasn't been confirmed that it was her however detectives believe it was her.
The suspect arrested I known to both sides of the family. He's not related. He's in mid thirties - early forties.
The suspect arrested needs to be charged tonight or he will be released. Not releasing the name until charged. Suspect is not cooperating with officers.

Thanks for this post, I wasn't sure if it was the suspects age.

I hope this Detective doesn't play poker because his eyes give him away every time. I could see the wheels turning, his words were chosen carefully and he gave us more information than I thought we would get.

When he first took the microphone he looked very angry and I was very worried that he was going to tell us something extremely bad. It's clear, he and a lot of other people, are working tirelessly to find Taliyah. It must be such a heavy burden. I have to admire these men and women who do these jobs. Such heartache for them at times.

So we know and it's confirmed, that the suspect is known to SB. We know that SB's vehicle was driven to the location that it was found in. SB did not put it there. We know the suspect and a child who resembles Taliyah were in SB's vehicle together and that they exited and got into a grey sedan. The suspect is known to them and has a criminal past that involves violence. We know that the suspect has to be charged soon or released. We also know that he is NOT co-operating. It now makes sense that there was no forced entry - SB probably let him in - she knew him and I am convinced Taliyah knew him too.

I just feel sick.

Does anyone have a link where we can watch the raw video from the presser again?

I just don't think there is a way to force someone who doesn't want to talk to give you the information. Even when people are tortured, they lie as often or more often than they tell the truth.

But this is just a terrible case. This is not looking good for that poor little girl.

@Kathleen_petty :

Suspect is known to the family of mother and father but wouldn't describe him as a friend

One other thing I heard them say in the presser, in response to a question, was that they are keeping an open mind as to whether there are other additional suspects.

I think it's a disgrace that in this point in time, with all of our high tech gidgets and gadgets, we have no way to force someone to talk if they don't want to.

It's a shame that all the laws are geared towards protecting the rights of the criminal and completely ignore the rights of the victims, be they living or dead.

Just because you think a person is guilty doesn't mean they are. So yes, their rights have to be protected. Otherwise it would be ok for police to take you to jail because a man rob a convenience store 2 blocks from your house. You are a male, so you did it and are guilty.

Sorry I know people get angry at criminal lawyers here, however we as a society need to understand that proof is what is needed to convict someone.
Off my soapbox.
I just want TM found.

I have a theory on this... If the suspect lives out of town (Edmonton for example), but the GPS on his phone shows he has been in Calgary area all week, then searching his residence wouldn't be a priority yet IMO.

Someone with a long criminal history might not have a residence.

Looking for other suspects makes me wonder if they believe he gave Taliyah to someone else

More and more I am beginning to believe that Taliyah was the target. Sigh....

Looking for other suspects makes me wonder if they believe he gave Taliyah to someone else

Just to be clear, they didn't say they are looking for other suspects but that they would keep their mind open to that. (Of course that could mean that behind the scenes they are actively searching or believe there is at least one additional suspect).

I just don't think there is a way to force someone who doesn't want to talk to give you the information. Even when people are tortured, they lie as often or more often than they tell the truth.

But this is just a terrible case. This is not looking good for that poor little girl.

I know its not possible but I still think suspects in missing childrens cases or missing people for that matter LE should be allowed to administer truth serum But thats just my opinion. WHen time counts, no one should be more important and no ones rights more important than that innocent baby, child, victim. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member