Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with this thing of TM's Dad going by 2 different surnames (CP and CM), same with the perp (ED or ES). That's so weird to me.
Also, if Dad is saying he doesn't know perp, that seems odd given that his FB friends list shows friends with both surnames, Downey and Simmons.

[video=twitter;754069347648307201]https://twitter.com/CBCNS/status/754069347648307201[/video]

"Man charged in death of Taliyah Marsman has ties to North Preston's Finest gang"

What is with this thing of TM's Dad going by 2 different surnames (CP and CM), same with the perp (ED or ES). That's so weird to me.
Also, if Dad is saying he doesn't know perp, that seems odd given that his FB friends list shows friends with both surnames, Downey and Simmons.

Both seem to trace their roots back to the African American community in Nova Scotia, which was established in the late 1770s by freed slaves from the US. There has't been much immigration, so there are some surnames that are very common, particularly Downey. Using different names may be a tradition, acknowledging both sides of the family, perhaps distinguishing yourself from others with the same first name.

As someone said, because of the oil boom in Alberta, there's been alot of emigration from places like Nova Scotia. They say half of Newfoundland has moved to Alberta in the last 20 years, but they don't move anywhere else, and if times get tough, they may go back home.

maybe he was a boyfriend? Maybe they spend the evening together - it got violent - they baby saw it happen - so now he has to get rid of her also :/ he knows she has the ability to identify him?

OR maybe this is drug related since she was the target? maybe she owed him money?

He is known to the family and the family suspected him right from the start... why? what do they know of her relationship with him?

so many questions!

so, now the question is .. was it a "hit" out on her .. or was it personal

"CBC News has confirmed Downey is connected to the North Preston's Finest (NPF) gang. It also goes by the Willis Crew. NPF members recruits girls in the Maritimes, forcing them into prostitution in cities across Canada, according to Ontario police.

Downey shares this gang connection with Taliyah's father and Baillie's most recent boyfriend."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-downey-sara-baillie-murder-charges-1.3680702

This is quote from CBC article - do we know who SB's 'most recent' bfriend was?

I don't understand why people expose kids to these kinds of people. So preventable.

well, they obvously had no intension using Tailyah as a new recruit...

I am going with revenge.. revenge .. something to do with her Dad... her Dad made a gang member angry...

Everything I read about the mom so far is great and wonderful. doesnt seem like she is a prostitue ..

:( i was wondering if dad might be in a gang or a former member of one. But i didn't think i could post that until MSM did since he's not a suspect.

Sara definitely liked bad guys. Unfortunately it cost both her and Taliyah.

Very sad.

well, they obvously had no intension using Tailyah as a new recruit...

I am going with revenge.. revenge .. something to do with her Dad... her Dad made a gang member angry...

Everything I read about the mom so far is great and wonderful. doesnt seem like she is a prostitue ..

That's what I'm thinking as well. Retaliation for some kind of disagreement, drugs, owed money, or something.

image.jpg

Read the bottom of the attached image.

So not JUST Colin being the connection... It appears she has another Ex who is connected as well. Am I reading that correctly? I feel like there's no way he wanted his child dead. MAYBE this is revenge on him.... But maybe it has to do with her other ex. Or Sara herself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3