Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard of SB's murder and TM's disappearance on the news the other day, have been following the case, and had hoped it was all a huge mistake and TM would be found safe. Unfortunately evil has reared its ugly head again. My thoughts and prayers go out to the loved ones of SB and TM. May they have the strength to carry them through this horrific time and all the difficult times to come. A heartfelt and huge thank you to Calgary LE who so diligently investigated this case to give some closure to SB and TM's loved ones. Keeping the faith justice will be served against the monster(s) who was evil enough to take away two innocent lives. MOO.

Rest in peace sweet child. You're now forever safe in the loving arms of your mommy. Rest in peace Sara. :tears:

I'm so sorry Sara and Taliyah are deceased May they Rest In Peace. This is a terrible tragedy it's hard looking at photos of little Taliyah and her mom knowing they are no longer with us.

Very sad news indeed :(... But I am happy that somewhere, somehow Mother and daughter are together in spirit, and it seems that Taliyah didn't have to be alone with that evil man very long. Rest in peace.
I'm sure Taliyah's father would love to punch this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't sleep and finally got up to check to see if this guy was charged. I am heartbroken but not surprised. Such evil in this world. Poor Taliyah and Sara. One stuffed in a closet and the child thrown away like garbage. I am so angry right now. May he rot in hell. General Population is the place for this guy. So so sad.

-snipped-

Could the kids go to the same daycare, and he dropped his child off and said "oh I talked to Sara and Taliyah won't be in today"? Just a thought... My mind is trying to tie up all these frustrating loose ends... Like why the daycare didn't worry about where Taliyah was?

Speaking from personal experience, it really depends on the daycare. Some daycares (in Canada) will call parents if you don't show up by a certain time and some daycares don't.
It depends on the family as well. When you have a family that drops off their kid whenever, with no consistency, because maybe their work schedule is all over the place, or maybe they have access to other caregivers, then it isn't too unusual when there are days you don't show up.
There are also families who are very close to other families at the daycare. Teachers know they see each other outside of school. One day a mom might walk in and mention that their friend's kid is sick and won't be coming in to daycare that day, and no further questions would be asked.

What sad news to wake up to ☹️

I know! This wasn't what I was expecting. Makes for a somber day.

What is that guy wearing, that blue suit? Looks like it has a patch on it but I cannot see it from the photos. Since the subject has a prior history of drugs and prostitution, you can't help but look at it as a possible drug debt retaliation or even human trafficking. I hope this rots in hell.

Rest in peace, Taliyah and Sara. :rose:

:tears: :tears: :tears: This beautiful soul is no longer here?! I audibly gasped when I read deceased by her name. So disgusted!

May you dance together forever, RIP Sara and Taliyah :tears::tears:

Deepest sympathy for Sara and Taliyah's loved ones

Does the accused own the property where Taliyah was found?

I can not find any profiles for the accused on social media at all. Maybe he deleted it?

Regarding the DQ images released by LE....in one of the photos of the 'family they were looking to contact', the caption was that the husband was off screen, so only the woman and child were in the image. In another, where SB seemed to be talking to people in a booth, the man doesn't look black. I wonder though if the suspect was sitting outside in his grey sedan, stalking SB/TM and this couple might have possibly seen something.

I can not find any profiles for the accused on social media at all. Maybe he deleted it?

My guess is that he uses a pseudonym, likely has an instagram, etc. Just need to find it.

Very familiar names here in Halifax, Both Downey and Marsman so I believe you're correct. I am heart sick.
Can you please elaborate on what you mean by familiar names? Common names? Or those specific names/people? And do you mean familiar in media or on the street? TIA

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get a sense of where Taliyah was found. On the news this morning they said that she was found in a rural area off McNight Avenue in an area where there were various dumpsters. LE were going back today to search the area more fully and especially the dumpsters. The images we saw yesterday of a rural search in Chestermere seemed VERY rural to me and I don't think that's where she was found but I could be wrong. Perhaps a local could chime in and help me out with the lay of the land. I tried google earth but without a real address, I can't really put my finger on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time