Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seeing first comment Monday 13:24 etc
Her comment was posted: Yesterday at 15:26

There are others on the same post:

Yesterday at 15:24
Yesterday at 15:20
Yesterday at 15:20
Yesterday at 15:06
Yesterday at 15:02
Yesterday at 15:01
Yesterday at 14:59

(The times might show different because I'm in EDT.)

I wonder if they are keeping the Amber Alert going because maybe he told them he handed her off to someone else. The Amber Alert isn't going to have much teeth though if LE already has the original van the abduction was carried out in.

Hopefully this guy was dumb enough to have a cell phone with him so maybe LE can track his movements that night by phone pings.

It's only a 40 minute drive from Blairmore, AB to Crowsnest Pass, BC.

I believe she can be anywhere in that route. It's also very rugged terrain in that area.

Okay, so he was arrested today (Tuesday). A full day later. Is that normally considered a short time? It just seems like a long time to me in a case like this. Just because of how time is of the essence. I guess it's a short time overall...

I'm really not surprised the suspect was arrested and lives in Blairmore. It makes me pretty sure the dad knew him. So maybe my thinking it was a long time before he was arrested is because Blairmore is SO small. There are lots of places to hide, but it doesn't sound to me like the suspect was hiding very well, if at all. It really sounds like he just went home.

I can't quite wrap my head around this. I am probably babbling.

I think it may have took awhile from the white van sighting to actually finding it because it is hard to tell which direction he'd be going in. Edmonton is north of Blairmore, so I suppose he could of went in that direction?

I see I missed a lot while I was working today!
So, the suspect has been arrested! Any word on who he is or if he knows the family in any way?
Sad that Hailey wasn't with the suspect when he was arrested :( That makes me very worried for her!

It's only a 40 minute drive from Blairmore, AB to Crowsnest Pass, BC.

I believe she can be anywhere in that route. It's also very rugged terrain in that area.

What are you talking about? Blairmore is one of 5 towns in the Crowsnest Pass, which is a municipality (in Alberta). There is an area known simply as "Crowsnest," towards BC, but it's certainly not 40 minutes away.

Anyway, on the local news tonight they said something about the investigation going on at a house in Blairmore (which looked like a different house, but I'm not sure), a business on main street in Blairmore, and a house in Coleman.

ETA: I'm very curious about the business. An employee, maybe? So odd.

I see I missed a lot while I was working today!
So, the suspect has been arrested! Any word on who he is or if he knows the family in any way?
Sad that Hailey wasn't with the suspect when he was arrested :( That makes me very worried for her!

From the CBC:

Police said the suspect is a 22-year-old man who lives in Blairmore, but they would not give details on what led to the arrest or where exactly it took place. Investigators are questioning the suspect about Blanchette's homicide, and his daughter's disappearance.

A police spokesman said he was unsure if the suspect was known to Hailey and her family. No charges have been laid against the man, and police are not releasing his name.

What are you talking about? Blairmore is one of 5 towns in the Crowsnest Pass, which is a municipality (in Alberta). There is an area known simply as "Crowsnest," towards BC, but it's certainly not 40 minutes away.

I must of been confused it thanks to Google maps! I am trying to figure out the path he took with the van.

Is it just me or did anyone else think the "not a very well-liked person" description by his ex's dad are a bit low? This is the father of your grandchild and a man who has just been murdered. Seems a bit of a nasty thing to say, even if true about a man who has just died.

Is it just me or did anyone else think the "not a very well-liked person" description by his ex's dad are a bit low? This is the father of your grandchild and a man who has just been murdered. Seems a bit of a nasty thing to say, even if true about a man who has just died.

By the way, I mean by all means tell the police that, but seems to be harsh telling reporters that. It could have gone unsaid.

It just seems, from past cases, that finding the van and the driver, but not the kidnapped baby, is always a bad ending. I can't think of many times, if ever, where it turned out OK. :sigh:

Hailey's aunt Amanda speaking with CTV and shared with the Crowsnest Pass Herald:

When asked to address the abductor, if he happened to be listening, Amanada said, “bring her back because if you honestly love that little girl and you took away her father, you don’t love her. She’s just a baby. She needs to come home to where she’s comfortable, whether or not you have her Scout.”

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1181410921872922&id=398857086794980

Very interesting choice of words there I've bolded. Sure sounds to me like at least the aunt believes whoever took her is someone known to Hailey.

By the way, I mean by all means tell the police that, but seems to be harsh telling reporters that. It could have gone unsaid.

I agree. And it has been reported by others that he was very well liked and was a great father, who often took his baby girl to work to visit the co-workers. So it seemed odd to hear that. Although I guess he might have heard bad things during the break up.

I must of been confused it thanks to Google maps! I am trying to figure out the path he took with the van.

Yeah, Google Maps has a poor representation of the Pass. For example, when I looked it listed Burmis as a town, but not Blairmore. Burmis...isn't even a town, really. There are some houses on farms/acreages out there. That's it. Whereas Blairmore is probably the biggest town in the Crowsnest Pass (which isn't saying much!).

I felt the same, it did seem that even if that was how he felt he could have kept it to himself (or as you stated in another post, tell the RCMP but don't say it to reporters.)

Grandfather seems to very much have disliked Terry and almost blames him with this quote "I can only speculate that it was a criminal contact of his" at 0:58 -

http://globalnews.ca/video/2220859/...iley-dunbar-blanchette-speaks-to-global-news/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YouthSleuth98