Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we need to guess what indignity is ? In the US there is abuse of a corpse which can just related to mishandling or roughing up the body while disposing of and not necessarily something perverse. Anyone know ?

25 years....he'll be out when he's 47.
Unless the judge gives him consecutive sentences for two murder convictions. The perpetrator does not deserve to ever breathe free air again. That's the only justice that can be had in this case. :moo:

Indignity to body? What does this mean? Did he try and burn Haileys body? OMG :(

182. (a) neglects, without lawful excuse, to perform any duty that is imposed on him by law or that he undertakes with reference to the burial of a dead human body or human remains, or. (b) improperly or indecently interferes with or offers any indignity to a dead human body or human remains, whether buried or not,
180 - 186 Criminal Code od Canada - Tripod
legalrorke.tripod.com/CCC/180.htm
http://legalrorke.tripod.com/CCC/180.htm

FYI: I am not even remotely close to being a lawyer and I just googled this so IDK if it is correct.

182. (a) neglects, without lawful excuse, to perform any duty that is imposed on him by law or that he undertakes with reference to the burial of a dead human body or human remains, or. (b) improperly or indecently interferes with or offers any indignity to a dead human body or human remains, whether buried or not,
180 - 186 Criminal Code od Canada - Tripod
legalrorke.tripod.com/CCC/180.htm
http://legalrorke.tripod.com/CCC/180.htm

FYI: I am not even remotely close to being a lawyer and I just googled this so IDK if it is correct.

I think that's pretty close. I have only noticed 'abuse of a corpse' charges the last few years. I don't know if they have always been around and just started to enforce the law or if they are new laws. Many perps try to ' bury' the body to keep it from being found and now the charge of improper burial adds a new crime, which is not a bad thing in my opinion. It's just curious that it seems to be a ' newer' crime.

The indignity to a body charge may be for Hailey OR Terry. It *could* be simply that he left her out in the open after death (or that he tried to burn her, which would explain why LE kept saying "remains" instead of body last night). Or it *could* mean he did something horrendous to Terry, after death. Hopefully this will be cleared up at the presser. Not that I really want to know, but you all know what I mean.

I'm praying the motive is not something we really don't want to hear...it is the only reason I can see him taking her alive...if she was alive. I'm so heartbroken for this baby and her father.

I hate to say that my mind went there as well. I truly hope that isn't the case. And I hope she didn't suffer. At this point, that's all we can really hope for.

I'd written a post in the wee hours of this morning quoting the tribute to little Hailey and Terry but it has disappeared. All I was stating was how much Hailey looked like terry and with that same little cleft in the chin. They both had such expressive eyes, IMO.

May little Hailey and Terry both rest in heavenly peace.

Life in Canada is 25 years. (for now)

Just wanted to clarify this point. In Canada, the minimum sentence for first degree murder is a LIFE sentence, and not eligible to apply for parole for 25 years. So after 25 years, the inmate becomes eligible to apply for parole, but this doesn't necessarily mean that they will get it.

The Parole Board of Canada (here: http://www.pbc-clcc.gc.ca/infocntr/myths_reality-eng.shtml) says that 7 out of 10 offenders who apply for parole don't get it on the first attempt. This isn't broken down by offence, so I don't know how common it is for people convicted of first degree murder to get parole on their first attempt, but safe to say not everyone.

Now, whether those convicted of first degree murder SHOULD ever be able to apply for parole is another issue, but I wanted to clarify that the sentence is a life sentence.

The indignity to a body charge may be for Hailey OR Terry. It *could* be simply that he left her out in the open after death (or that he tried to burn her, which would explain why LE kept saying "remains" instead of body last night). Or it *could* mean he did something horrendous to Terry, after death. Hopefully this will be cleared up at the presser. Not that I really want to know, but you all know what I mean.
Typically, dismemberment results in indignity charges.

There were some harsh comments made by Hailey's maternal grandfather about Terry after his murder and while the search for Hailey was ongoing. These photos speak volumes and will be part of Terry's legacy permanently, I hope the criticism will be forgotten.

I agree. Sounds like he had some somewhat minor trouble with the law years ago but really turned around when Hailey was born. I think that speaks volumes about him. Rest in peace, Terry and Hailey.

[video=twitter;644178208317919232]https://twitter.com/globalnational/status/644178208317919232[/video]

family courts are hotbeds of contention and need a huge overhaul. i feel they put more crap than needs to be.

In the past few years, I have seen a disturbing number of child custody problems/resentments ending up in the murder of one of the parents (usually the father). If I placed myself in Hailey's mother's shoes--I would NOT be on face book commenting "that's where my daughter lives!" If I put myself in the shoes of Hailey's maternal grandfather, I would NOT be smearing my granddaughter's father in the media, when I just found out that he was murdered. Just my opinion.

Derek James Saretzky

First court appearance 9:30 am 23rd Sept

also i havent been on since last night and almost yelled the f word when i saw that she was deceased. RIP baby girl. senseless crap!!! im so tired of these babies being hurt. kids who cant defend themselves are always getting the crap end of the stick.

ugh livefeed keeps going out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member