Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been married for almost 8 years and while I think I know where my husband went to high school, I'm not 100% positive. Maybe it just never came up.

I've known my husband for 12 years...not 100% sure on the name of his high school either. Not even sure if he would know mine if asked.

What is it with young people today? She dated Terry, she lived with him and she had a baby with him, yet she has no clue where he went to high school? I watch The First 24 Hours all the time and am amazed when cops are investigating someone and the mother of their children doesn't even know his last name! Very sad society.

20 years ago, I had a baby at 18 with my ex husband. We were living together. I could not have told you where he went to high school. We were both working, and raising a baby together. Why would I care where he had gone to high school? It wasn't relevant. Give her a break.

What is it with young people today? She dated Terry, she lived with him and she had a baby with him, yet she has no clue where he went to high school? I watch The First 24 Hours all the time and am amazed when cops are investigating someone and the mother of their children doesn't even know his last name! Very sad society.

I've been with my husband for 12 years and I have no idea what his high school is named. We cannot assume they all grew up together and knew one another when they were in high school. These people could have all moved to the town in or after their teen years. Some may not have completed school.

Ignore that crap mate, ****** editors over there. The dry cleaners is owned by the S******* family. You can search for details on the business, they've got another one in BC, also owned by a Saretzky. TB worked at a restaurant or something.

Ahh, well there goes that! Thanks for letting me know. If there's one thing I know through my years, it is not to trust what I read from media.

I thought the mother seemed quite detached/ unemotional... That's coming from me though, I cried for days when my dog died and could barely speak to anyone, never mind give press interviews! :( Yeah, she'd probably still be in shock as it was so unexpected... Even when she cried on camera, though, her face wasn't all red and puffy and snotty like mine when I cry in grief.

I know where you come from. Been there too. I cried for days, weeks and sometimes still shed a tear nowadays for my beloved Maltese. And it was 5 years ago. After telling family and friends by message that she had died , I asked everyone please not to call me as I was not able to speak to anyone. She was 4 years old and was attacked by another dog in a park :tears: She was my first dog.

We are all different in the way to express ourselves. Each and everyone of us is a world...

:Welcome1: to the 200 guests following this thread, you're welcome to register and join in on the conversation. Locals have added to the knowledge of the people, places and setting of this terrible crime - thank you.

So I'm confused again. If TB and DS did not get along, why did the godmother state "if you honestly love that little girl..."?

Ahh, well there goes that! Thanks for letting me know. If there's one thing I know through my years, it is not to trust what I read from media.

If it's any consolation, I've found a lot of conflicting 'facts' in the MSM on this story, some of which I quoted and posted, later to be corrected. The coverage has been a bit sloppy by some of the press, IMO

So I'm confused again. If TB and DS did not get along, why did the godmother state "if you honestly love that little girl..."?

I've been pondering that myself. Could very well just be a bit of a mixed message coming from someone under a great deal of stress. You know, maybe it was an attempt to appeal to the kidnapper's empathetic side. It certainly raises some interesting questions. Like, if they suspected it was Derek, someone who Cheyenne hadn't spoken to for years and TB only knew of, why would they think love for the child had anything to do with anything?

Ah!!! I am just reading this and literally screamed aloud when I read the "Found Deceased" tag. I was so hoping for a good outcome for Hailey, even if not for her dad. God be with those who loved this little precious one :tears:

I've been pondering that myself. Could very well just be a bit of a mixed message coming from someone under a great deal of stress. You know, maybe it was an attempt to appeal to the kidnapper's empathetic side. It certainly raises some interesting questions. Like, if they suspected it was Derek, someone who Cheyenne hadn't spoken to for years and TB only knew of, why would they think love for the child had anything to do with anything?

Right. I would like to know if Terry still hung around the same people or ever brought Hailey around the big group (like BBQ's, etc?). It is a very small town and very likely that all people in their age range know one another.

I think it is also important to understand when looking at Terry's FB page, all you can see are the pictures he posted as profile pics (which are harder to make private, they are only private if you set it up that way, it is not the default). We see a few status updates, but unless you are his FB friend, you are never seeing everything that he posts. Justa side FYI, not that it really means anything.

Maybe it's possible at that time the godmother thought someone other than Derek had committed these crimes?

We need to rethink how long a life sentence is and what a life is worth. The victims don't suddenly get to rise from their graves in 25 years. I know that capital punishment isn't a perfect solution, not necessarily a deterrent but it does make sure that the specific individual does not get to do this again. As mentioned earlier by another poster, I have a hard time reconciling my beliefs with the death penalty. In cases where there is no doubt, I feel that the kinder thing for society and the convicted is to end the $ drain and the suffering. Closure for all.

PS, any stats on how not having the death penalty affects the rate of violent crime?

I saw one clip at first, and thought she seemed overwhelmed and in shock, but somewhat unemotional. Then I watched the whole interview and cried along with her in the middle of it. She's trying to keep it together.

I agree with you 100%! I saw someone who is in complete shock. It wouldn't be a surprise to me if she is being medicated just to make it through the days. I hope and pray someone has her best interest at heart and advises her to get someone to be a "spokesperson" for her. Because no matter how she answers questions right now, someone will find fault in it. Which to me is sad, she looks like a mother, and ex girlfriend who had everything ripped away from her. I can't imagine the pain. How terrible.

I'm leaning more towards the mother knowing DS through Terry.

It doesn't make sense to me that the mom would have been in a relationship with two men from the same small town nearly 500kms away from where she is living (unless she previously lived in the same town)

From TB fb page.. under one of his posts it states cheyenne and hailey were living with him at that time.. So she did live in Blairemore for a time.. So she would have known him

If they suspected it was Derek, someone who Cheyenne hadn't spoken to for years and TB only knew of, why would they think love for the child had anything to do with anything?

I think there has been a tendency from the beginning for both extended families to assume the ex was somehow to blame. So Cheyenne's father hinted it was somehow TB's fault, TB's family may have jumped to the conclusion it was somehow triggered by Cheyenne. I don't think any of them actually knew anything.

I think there has been a tendency from the beginning for both extended families to assume the ex was somehow to blame. So Cheyenne's father hinted it was somehow TB's fault, TB's family may have jumped to the conclusion it was somehow triggered by Cheyenne. I don't think any of them actually knew anything.

But how did the police immediately know which van to look for? Unless someone in the family described it to them and said this guy might have a motive?

But how did the police immediately know which van to look for? Unless someone in the family described it to them and said this guy might have a motive?

I thought it was reported that the neighbours saw the van screech off.

She said she did live there for about two and a half years and that she and Terry broke up one year ago. She knew DS and was friends with him in the past and said she had not seen him in years and then indicated it was three years. She also said that Terry knew of DS but she had no idea of them being more than acquaintances.

So shifting gears a bit, there was a comment on Terry's Facebook page that read along the lines of...

I find that comment a bit odd in that he had Hailey half the time and could easily control who he associated with. I am pretty sure he was sending a message to his ex with that comment. Who else? Thoughts?

Yes, but if you read the comments he says that the mother and baby both lived with him at that time, and it seems they were still a couple. The comments are from March 8th 2013, in case anyone's wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528