Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the mother seemed quite detached/ unemotional... That's coming from me though, I cried for days when my dog died and could barely speak to anyone, never mind give press interviews! :( Yeah, she'd probably still be in shock as it was so unexpected... Even when she cried on camera, though, her face wasn't all red and puffy and snotty like mine when I cry in grief.

This is called "false-consensus effect." ;)

People react in a variety of different ways to the same things. It isn't usually weird.

But how did the police immediately know which van to look for? Unless someone in the family described it to them and said this guy might have a motive?

People in the community would have given tips that DS drove such a van - neighbours, etc.

I think either a witness saw the van and/or it was captured on surveillance camera(s)

She said she did live there for about two and a half years and that she and Terry broke up one year ago. She knew DS and was friends with him in the past and said she had not seen him in years and then indicated it was three years. She also said that Terry knew of DS but she had no idea of them being more than acquaintances.

BBM, if you read Terry's Facebook page you will see that they obviously weren't together when Hailey was born two years ago. Terry didn't know when she was born and didn't meet her for a considerable time after. Its little inaccuracies like that that have me wondering.

I have been truly impressed with the RCMP in this investigation so far. Like so many websleuths, I would prefer to have all my questions answered RIGHT NOW but I understand why we may have to wait for information (such as motive).

The identification, detention, and arrest of the suspect happened quickly and basic information about TB's murder, Hailey's abduction, and the sad news about the discovery of her body was released almost immediately. Good job in an awful situation, RCMP.

RIP Hailey.

The smallest coffins are the heaviest. Rest in peace, little Hailey.

View attachment 81586

https://www.facebook.com/Meanwhile-in-Canada-251089648271407/timeline/

You are so right. It always feels like a kick to the gut when you find that the little angel has been cruelly taken from her loved ones by a murdering monster. I've been a Websleuths member for a long time ( lurking for a long time before actually joining) and as many of you know, I fully believe in a mandatory death sentence for the murderers of children. When there is absolutely no doubt that the monster did it, then put them to death swiftly.

So shifting gears a bit, there was a comment on Terry's Facebook page that read along the lines of...

I find that comment a bit odd in that he had Hailey half the time and could easily control who he associated with. I am pretty sure he was sending a message to his ex with that comment. Who else? Thoughts?

Pretty sure it was pedophiles and drug addicts, and that it was made clear in the comments to that post that Cheyenne and Hailey were living with him at the time. So no, I don't think it was directed at Cheyenne.

I DO wonder if it was directed at DS, given the state of things.

eta.... seeing your most recent post... to clarify, it looks as if they were not together when she was born, then got back together for awhile, then split again.

There seems to be some poor info on here regarding TB's history. His FB page has a countdown to his daughter's birth and photos of her when she is a few days old. So he wasn't estranged from his daughter for "some time". The post where he refers to "Im not the bad guy for not wanting my child around drug addicted pedofiles"(sic), CD makes the first comment, "yea" and in the comments, TB and CD compliment each other as great parents. So it's reasonable to infer that the post was a shot at CD, but some kind of statement as to why he wasn't hanging around certain people anymore. As far as the gut wrenching interview with CD, it's about a 4-5 hour drive from Blairmore to Edmonton, so to me its understandable that the logistics of the "two weeks handoff" would be different each time, and a challenge and not always the same. I'm guessing money, vehicle access, work schedules would be something that would need to be figured out each time.

Here is a loose time-line on the run down on their relationship IMO & based on my sleuthing:

-Went out for a few months on and off and and broke up right around the time she found out she was pregnant.
-Once the baby was born they got back together and decided to raise Hailey together in Blairmore.
-Tried to make it work, it didn't, so they decided to separate and share custody. There may not even be a legal arrangement. They just figured it out on their own. Lots of people do it that way.
-because of the loose arrangements, money, employment, and other obligations, maybe it is sometimes difficult to set exact days for drop off or pick up.... especially because it is a fairly long drive. Maybe it was technically his turn to go to Edmonton and was hoping to on Sunday but couldn't because of job etc. so she was seeing what she could do to arrange pick up there. In the world of parenting, jobs, travel over long distances etc. sometimes it cant be an exact science and it seems to me that these two young parents knew that well and were able to handle it well. This shows maturity and mutual respect for each other IMO.

mom says she hasn't seen him in 3 years so do you think Terry was friends with him then?

I think hailey knew his face and name. He thought he would not be found.

mom says she hasn't seen him in 3 years so do you think Terry was friends with him then?

The police said the two men knew each other. Maybe the fact that he knew Hailey's mom is a red herring, and the two men were drinking buddies or something. Or maybe they were in the drugs scene together.

ETA or maybe Derek was just a paedo who targetted Hailey, and Terry tried to protect her.

It pees me off sometimes on this forum. You get people criticising one family for saying nothing to the media. Then other families are criticised for too much media. And whenever a bereaved parent does talk their words, intonations, body language and appearance are torn apart to the nth degree.

She and TH were obviously on good terms. They both said publicly on Facebook that the other was a good parent. CD looked completely stunned on that tape. Good on her for even giving them the time of day.

We're just throwing ideas and possible motives around.

There seems to be some poor info on here regarding TB's history. His FB page has a countdown to his daughter's birth and photos of her when she is a few days old. So he wasn't estranged from his daughter for "some time". The post where he refers to "Im not the bad guy for not wanting my child around drug addicted pedofiles"(sic), CD makes the first comment, "yea" and in the comments, TB and CD compliment each other as great parents. So it's reasonable to infer that the post was a shot at CD, but some kind of statement as to why he wasn't hanging around certain people anymore. As far as the gut wrenching interview with CD, it's about a 4-5 hour drive from Blairmore to Edmonton, so to me its understandable that the logistics of the "two weeks handoff" would be different each time, and a challenge and not always the same. I'm guessing money, vehicle access, work schedules would be something that would need to be figured out each time.

Great 1st post!! Thank you for your accurate information!

Btw,

:welcome4:

I wonder where the rumour came from (published in MM) that she and DS were in a romantic relationship. It didn't even say 'had once been' but implied it was a current relationship. I think Cheyenne's speaking to the media was partly to squash that rumour.

I saw one clip at first, and thought she seemed overwhelmed and in shock, but somewhat unemotional. Then I watched the whole interview and cried along with her in the middle of it. She's trying to keep it together.

Saw the mother moments ago on the news - have to admit I am somewhat taken back at how dry eyed she was. The sobbing is present, but eyes are dry. Not blaming her at all for what happened to this charming little girl (all pics are adorable) - it's been said we all react differently to such tragedies.

Normally I avoid any thread regarding children and the atrocities they sometimes suffer - the dry eyes here will bother me. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust