Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do the photos of DS with the money and others come from? Did he have a facebook? Trying to find usernames,etc on this . Thanks for the help!

his relatives on FB, we're not allowed to post links to their accounts.

So he spells his name Saretzky with a "Z" but everywhere else it is spelled Saretsky with an "S". Hmmmm

ETA: actually, I'm finding MSM with BOTH spellings. sigh....

I actually think that CD did a pretty good job of answering the questions the best that she could.

This is a very young woman who's world has just been rocked, her child horrifically murdered, her ex, and still friend , murdered and reporters have the audacity to want to ask her questions. She's just spent at least 48 hours terrified, sick with worry and most likely with no sleep. Come on.... Everything about that interview indicated to me that she is quite clearly exhausted, in shock, and I would not be surprised that to find out she was medicated.

I want to wrap my arms around her and comfort her.

I do not for a minute believe she had anything to do with this. I would be shocked beyond shocked to find out that she was involved.

some ppl completely detach and go somewhere else because they cant handle it. they go through motions and are removed. ive posted about it before, but my oldest son had to get unexpected brain surgery when he was 12. i went somewhere else in my brain and went through all the motions.... wake up in PICU, talk to doc, go home to shower, come back, wait, wait. for about a week. after his surgery was a success, i fell apart. i think i wanted to hold it together so i wouldnt scare my son, idk. if he was dead, maybe it would be something else?

no one knows how they will react.

Everyone grieves in their own way. There is no standard requirement (ie constant floods of tears) that people are programmed to follow.

Pretty strange and bizarre IMO CD didn't even know about her missing daughter or the murder of TB until she was contacted by her mother via FB. Had LE used social media such as FB, they could have figured out who the mother of HDB was and contacted CD to let CD know her little girl was missing before she had to learn about it the way she did on social media.

CD's mother saw the story on FaceBook and told CD to look at the FaceBook story. CD then called police to tell them her daughter was at the home. Police didn't know there was a child missing until CD called them and told them Hailey was not with her.

eta: Terry was supposed to take Hailey home on Sunday. Someone said CD was moving? She said she was arranging to pick Hailey up. There was mention of babysitter wondering why Hailey didn't come on Monday, but Terry didn't work on Mondays. Just random musings.

Would be great if he pleaded guilty and avoided a lengthy and costly trial

The mother didn't look sedated or in shock to me. When that happens you usually appear consistently flat, whereas she appeared quite normal or a bit flat but then with sudden short bursts of tearless sobbing. JMO.

I'm not saying that this means she should be suspected of anything. There could be many innocuous reasons why she came across like that. I'm just being honest about what I saw.

BTW I don't think anyone criticises parents for NOT giving interviews when they've just found out their child has been murdered, do they?? I have seen them criticise parents for not going on tv to draw attention to the case when their child is *missing*, but not when the poor child is already dead and the suspect safely in custody.
And yes, I think it's disgusting if the media hounded her in any way to get that interview, but for all we know she wanted to give an interview and approached the media herself.

Thank you, just watched the full video, that poor girl. She must feel like she's in a horrible nightmare.

The thought that her defenseless baby endured pain and she wasn't there for her
will probably forever haunt her. I don't know how parents of murdered children manage to go on.

The mother didn't look sedated or in shock to me. When that happens you usually appear consistently flat, whereas she appeared quite normal or a bit flat but then with sudden short bursts of tearless sobbing. JMO.

I'm not saying that this means she should be suspected of anything. There could be many innocuous reasons why she came across like that. I'm just being honest about what I saw.

BTW I don't think anyone criticises parents for NOT giving interviews when they've just found out their child has been murdered, do they?? I have seen them criticise parents for not going on tv to draw attention to the case when their child is *missing*, but not when the poor child is already dead and the suspect safely in custody.
And yes, I think it's disgusting if the media hounded her in any way to get that interview, but for all we know she wanted to give an interview and approached the media herself.

I agree, unlikely she was sedated. Her reaction times to the journos questions weren't delayed, her body language was appropriate, her affect didn't appear pharmaceutically flattened, and she was able to emphatically and insightfully engage with complex and distressing topics like her previously positive relationship with the accused.

I think she absolutely must have arranged for the press meet. One journo getting a scoop interview could come about through unethical journo tactics, but that thing was organised and controlled. If anything I think she might have arranged it with the press core at short notice. They didn't appear particularly prepared for the moment.

Where do the photos of DS with the money and others come from? Did he have a facebook? Trying to find usernames,etc on this . Thanks for the help!

Can't find any facebook for Derek. Photos on MM come from social media of family members.

Seriously? Terry was 27 years old and they grew up in different places. WHO CARES where he went to HS. It was a stupid question and this poor lady had the grace to answer it honestly. If I had just recently learned that my daughter was murdered, I wouldn't even be able to tell you my name, never mind what high school my ex went to. Lots of people have children without getting married. Please refrain from passing moral judgements and making sweeping generaliztions.

I have to agree with the OP that it is odd to me, at my advanced geriatric age, that people decide to make the life changing decision to have children together without knowing anything about their partner/co-parent.

I mean, hell, I wouldn't live with someone I did not know well let alone make babies with that person. Not as a conscious choice, anyway.

I know sometimes people hook up and whoops! here comes baby and the daddy (or mommy)is not one's life partner.

But I admit it concerns me the casual nature with which this generation (again, yes, I am old an irrelevant) regards familial relationships and their importance in the emotional security and growth of children, especially when very young.

I have seen and counseled, first-hand, children who suffer under the stress of loosey-goosey parenting and it is heartbreaking.

Sorry for the OT but the attack on the OP for making, IMO, a valid point and addressing a very real concern for the children born into these casual, fleeting relationships, was unwarranted.

It is not, IMO, a judgement, but a astute observation.

IMO, JMO, MOO

In the interview with Cheyenne Dunbar, the first thing she says is that "she didn't really want to come down here" so I have to think that she did not arrange to meet with the Media.

As for being sedated, I don't think she's sedated but she could have something to take the edge off.

I know at a tragic time in my life I was prescribed something (can't remember the name now) that allowed me to keep on going, but it kept my emotions in check. Calmed me down. I felt very little and her demeanour reminds me of me. Every now and then the emotion would surface for a minute and then I would get a grip and go on.

I can't imagine her grief.

This guy must have SM of some kind. He's young, flashes cash, may be a stoner (assumed). Could be into kiddos?

So we are thinking that Derek Saretsky may have links with the house next door to the old lady who was murdered.... Did he live there?

No, he lived and worked in Blairmore. But I believe there is extended family throughout the region of SW Alberta.

First let me say that I do not believe CD had any part in the murders of her daughter and her daughter's father. I do think that grandpa Dunbar may not have been up to speed with all travel/exchange plans his daughter may have made with TB. I do think that CD had no reason to go into details about every breakup she and TB endured as they struggled to maintain a relationship. In other words, I do not find her account to be inconsistent with the facts we can confirm via social media. However, while I had an empathetic reaction to CD's interview, I was also keenly aware that certain questions caused her to pull her fleece jacket up towards her mouth. Those questions, I would interpret, are potentially interesting to us as amateur sleuths. She may have been instructed to not reveal details on them. Overall, I saw her as being honest.

I see no evidence in the last two years of drug involvement with either of Hailey's parents. It sometimes seems like blaming victims allows us to distance ourselves and think horrible things like this can't happen to us. I'm very aware of this bias in myself and try hard to look for evidence outside of my need to feel safe.

May Hailey and her Daddy play endlessly in heaven.

CD's mother saw the story on FaceBook and told CD to look at the FaceBook story. CD then called police to tell them her daughter was at the home. Police didn't know there was a child missing until CD called them and told them Hailey was not with her.

eta: Terry was supposed to take Hailey home on Sunday. Someone said CD was moving? She said she was arranging to pick Hailey up. There was mention of babysitter wondering why Hailey didn't come on Monday, but Terry didn't work on Mondays. Just random musings.

Thanks Paris for filling in the gaps. Much appreciated.

It is odd to me, at my advanced geriatric age, that people decide to make the life changing decision to have children together without knowing anything about their partner/co-parent.

This was from the statement by Cheyenne's mother, BBM:
Terry and Cheyenne loved their little girl more than anything in the world. They were/are amazing people who put above all else, so much effort into changing their lives to give Hailey Lynn the life she deserved … and I’m asking you all right now to see only the good.

Police didn't know there was a child missing until CD called them and told them Hailey was not with her.

Police specifically corrected this rumour a few days ago with a timeline here: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ab/news-nouvelles/2015/150915-blairmore-amber-1-eng.htm

Police learn that a child resided at the home and that there is a possibility that she is missing.

Police immediately conduct a search of the area which includes a neighbourhood canvass to eliminate the possibility that the child may be in the care of a neighbour.

Police efforts to obtain contact information for the child’s mother are ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214