Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be some poor info on here regarding TB's history. His FB page has a countdown to his daughter's birth and photos of her when she is a few days old. So he wasn't estranged from his daughter for "some time". The post where he refers to "Im not the bad guy for not wanting my child around drug addicted pedofiles"(sic), CD makes the first comment, "yea" and in the comments, TB and CD compliment each other as great parents. So it's reasonable to infer that the post was a shot at CD, but some kind of statement as to why he wasn't hanging around certain people anymore. As far as the gut wrenching interview with CD, it's about a 4-5 hour drive from Blairmore to Edmonton, so to me its understandable that the logistics of the "two weeks handoff" would be different each time, and a challenge and not always the same. I'm guessing money, vehicle access, work schedules would be something that would need to be figured out each time.

Yes, I agree with all three assessments. Thanks for articulating my thoughts, Morty, and a big :welcome: to Websleuths.

ETA: and, now that I'm finally caught up on the last 7 hours of posts, thank you to everyone else who has tried to keep the facts straight, the rumors at bay, and the victim blaming to zero. Love you all!

It is funny or weird how DJS apparently lived behind the family owned laundromat of TB's parents.

It's not funny, it's untrue. The laundromat belongs to the DJS parents, not Terry's.

The neighbour of Hannah Meketech, is a close relative of Derek. I can't really say much on here in relation to that though
I seen articles reference that RCMP said there was no connection, but in the presser this morning you can faintly hear what sounds like reporter asking if theres a connection and the gentleman speaking looks to his side at her, then says investigation is ongoing etc..

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/derek-saretzky-charged-alberta-homicides-163636200.html

Yes...but...

I am trying to think of how I would be allowed to put this. Hannah Meketech had other neighbours.

Sooo...I've mentioned this a few times, but no one seems to know. Am I the only one who remembers a PL on this forum? I know I'm not. Is it gone?

It's not funny, it's untrue. The laundromat belongs to the DJS parents, not Terry's.
So I suppose it is not weird either?? This is what I mean, ppl say stuff, they read different articles and it all gets corrected. This should not mean we can't share info and be involved some way. But is there info that it was HIS family's laundromat?? It only says " employed at a family owned dry cleaning business" meaning the laundromat was family owned and not owned by a corp. or big conglomerate. When these articles are written it should state owned by HIS family...family owned does not really mean his relatives. It all begins with POOR reporting and journalist skills...they get lazy and are not specific and do not ask the proper questions which leads to vague articles which leads to THIS site and misinformation. It just seems too coincidental that 2 murders that are supposedly unrelated to a murder a week ago are maybe 7 to 10 minutes apart in distance by car and the unrelated murder happen to be next door to a brother's FB contact. I am not insinuating anything, I am just stating the facts....now this is just weird....what you think HEXE??

This video with the Mom. Anyone else find it kinda interesting?

She says in the interview that she last spoke with TB on Sept 9th and it was during that phone call that they discussed when she'd be coming to pick up Hailey. I thought it was reported that TB was supposed to have returned Hailey to Mom in Edmonton this past Sunday?

Why is it being reported in MSM that Mom had been in a relationship with perp DS if she explains she hadn't seen him for "years", then specified it was 3 years, and she claimed they'd never had a physical relationship, had only been good friends way back then?

http://globalnews.ca/news/2224110/s...nbar-blanchettes-mother-cheyenne-breaks-down/

"But I admit it concerns me the casual nature with which this generation..." This it not news...this has been happening since the Game of Thrones era haha but yes in the 50's it was taboo and all that stuff but since the late 60's I think, it has been a growing statistic (booze and drugs and babies)but now with the internet and reading about every sad story out there it seems like it is only this generation...but I disagree, it has always been the way. Let's say TB was changing some thing up for the better for his daughter and things were all good...and now let's say he made a little bit of a bad decision and hung out with someone he was trying to not hang out with anymore...had this coward selfish monster (DJS) not did what he did things would keep going as they were. This was a random act of a bad eff'ed guy...cases like these happen to families who practice planned parenthood. Are we suppose to stop making cars because of fatal car accidents?

Just speaking in general though, it's always puzzled me when someone makes loud crying noises but there are no tears at all.

This is called "false-consensus effect." ;)

People react in a variety of different ways to the same things. It isn't usually weird.

Finally caught up on this thread.

I'm very torn. But I choose to believe CD, I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise so far.

I have a daughter a few months younger than HDB, and I have been crying right along with CD.

For people speculating on her behaviour during the interview, did you see Terry's sister addressing reporters? They all (rightfully) have their defences up. AB was angry with the reporters, because they are tearing into the victims. From the minute TB's death was reported people began to speculate about Terry, his past, paternity, drug use, etc. then people begin criticizing every thing about CD, especially her age. Now people tear apart whether she's crying or how hard she's crying. If I were in her shoes I would probably be the same way towards the reporters obnoxious, insensitive questions. She is being attacked WHILE grieving. Sometimes you must put emotions aside and go into survival mode. She is defending herself and the memory of her child and TB.

When my dad died I was inconsolable and retreated into myself for months. But I didn't shed a single tear at his funeral. I DONT do that in public. It's just who I am. I can't say how I would react if it were my daughter, I don't want to think about that, but in front of the cameras I'm sure I would try to hold it together. Especially Considering how much it would mean to the families to clear up the negative rumours.

Also, just a thought I haven't heard Mentioned too much... What if this sick *advertiser censored** is even sicker than we know so far, and his motivation had nothing to do with TB or CD, but this sick *advertiser censored** was targeting HDB for his own sick purposes. Some People are really messed up.

My heart hurts for CD so much dealing with this tragedy, but to now have THE WORLD turn against her so quickly?!

DS must be cooperating with police, since they found HDB so quickly after taking him into custody. So if CD was involved in any way I'm sure DS would have sold her out by now. Also, if she is lying about anything she told reporters, people who know her and TB would be shouting from the rooftops that she is lying. So I really don't think she is.

Innocent until proven guilty, remember. Police have given NO reason for anyone to suspect her. No one knows right now. But I would rather be wrong later about defending her, than live with the guilt of blaming her if she is telling the truth.

This video with the Mom. Anyone else find it kinda interesting?

She says in the interview that she last spoke with TB on Sept 9th and it was during that phone call that they discussed when she'd be coming to pick up Hailey. I thought it was reported that TB was supposed to have returned Hailey to Mom in Edmonton this past Sunday?

Why is it being reported in MSM that Mom had been in a relationship with perp DS if she explains she hadn't seen him for "years", then specified it was 3 years, and she claimed they'd never had a physical relationship, had only been good friends way back then?

http://globalnews.ca/news/2224110/s...nbar-blanchettes-mother-cheyenne-breaks-down/
I did find it a bit odd that they asked her when the last time she spoke with DJS and at 2:13 she said 3 years ago....then at 3:11 they asked her the same question...when she last talked to DJS? She said years ago, years....I can only imagine how traumatic this is for her and she is still very young but under the circumstances, she does seem to be handling all the questions very well...do you not think she would have answered the question the same way? 3 years ago? Or maybe she realized she couldn't remember if she said 2 or 3 years so she just said....years ago? Just curious in opinions?

A FB post of his, someone asks him if his daughter was born yet, his response was "I dunno."

I'd like to know where you learned this, since there's an ultrasound photo on there that dates to before her birth and he has photos of her and him when she's a newborn.

Reading here and a lot of speculating on the mother.Do not want to see this shut down.So think about her reading here and imagine how you would feel being accused.She is a victim,speculate on the perp at hand.

Hi Everyone,

We would like to welcome our many new members from Canada!
Very happy you have found Websleuths!

Our moderators have spent hours cleaning up this thread. Meaning we had way too many violations of our rules.

Let me give you a few basics:

*No name calling, insulting each other, or being sarcastic.

*No complaining about the moderation on threads. It takes away from the discussion. We are talking about Hailey's tragic case. Not your taking offense at how our mods do their jobs.

*Hailey's mom is considered a victim. Please treat her as such. Try not rip her heart apart even more with harsh posts directed at her.

*Please remember your words have power. Power to educate, to hurt, to heal. Pick your words wisely.

*In general, don't be a jerk and you'll be fine.

Please take a moment to read through our rules RIGHT HERE

If you have any questions, comments, or want to chat via email write to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Thank you for your participation.

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

https://ca.screen.yahoo.com/derek-saretzky-charged-alberta-homicides-163636200.html

Sounds like definitely "not related" is now "is investigating those posibilities."

These murders were done on a very personal level for DS. In the video Insp. Tony Hamori announced DS was being charged with first degree murder of TB and first degree murder of HDB PLUS INDIGNITY TO A HUMAN BODY FOR HDB. What came to mind when I heard this is that DS has something personal against someone related to Hailey. I assume it wasn't TB he had the personal vendetta against as DS murdered him first, therefore he would not have been able to know that Hailey was also murdered and TS would not suffer the trauma and anguish DS intended on the person(s) he really has issues with. He wants the living victim to suffer with the anguish of knowing what he did to his murder victims, especially HDB. What may have happened was DS tried to abduct/take HDB and Terry put up a fight to keep his precious daughter and to protect her from being taken but instead he paid with his own life. That's the gut feeling I'm getting from this statement about indignity to a human body charge. I guess whatever indignity the did to little HDB was obvious when she was found. If she had been sexually assaulted, DS would have also had those charges applied. They very well could be applied after an autopsy.

CD had said she was making arrangements to pick HDB up from Terry. Last time she spoke to Terry was the 9th... I have to wonder how her and Terry worked it out before when they handed Hailey off to one another?? I believe the truth will all come out shortly and I have speculation which I will hold off on for now. MOO.

Poor sweet child I pray you did not suffer. RIP beautiful, innocent, child. So disturbing and heartbreaking. Why the innocent children? ALL MOO.

It is sad the way that the only person who has been vilified in the press, and had everyone publishing his past criminal record, is the poor man who was stabbed to death :(
Just because he died, doesn't mean he was a saint. His history, like everyone's, is his history. No need to pretend it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214