Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you found it, Skibs. But what even is that? A campsite, a junkyard?

Thank you for the photos otto! I've been trying to find the location on google maps (not easy) I've lost the article but I read it is approx 7 km from Blairmore

This is what I think may be it

View attachment 81650

Map link

Additional pic for reference

View attachment 81651

Taken from this news aerial video

Thoughts?

Thank you! No time now, but will have a look in about 10 hours.
I have to wonder if there will be more arrests, as that does not look like a remote isolated location - too many houses (unless they are summer houses).

Here's an article about the suspect - seems to blame drugs and poor life choices: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/derek-saretzky-blairmore-homicides-suspect-1.3231499

I reckon you found it, Skibs. But what even is that? A campsite, a junkyard?

I'm not sure, can't make out if it's a small farm, a camp ground or junkyard. Maybe a bit of all?

Otto is good at this stuff, maybe when he has time later he can find out more info

I'm not sure, can't make out if it's a small farm, a camp ground or junkyard. Maybe a bit of all?

Otto is good at this stuff, maybe when he has time later he can find out more info

Well, well done for finding it. I don't call you Mrs Map for nowt!

This Comment from TB's sister from last night still makes me wonder whats being hidden, mainly because of CD's comment during the presser about DS.

When asked to address the abductor, if he happened to be listening, Amanada said, “bring her back because if you honestly love that little girl and you took away her father, you don’t love her. She’s just a baby. She needs to come home to where she’s comfortable, whether or not you have her Scout.”

CD didnt even think DS knew who TB was according to her comments while speaking with the press... But Amanda seemed to know something.

Maybe i missed something.

I think at that moment, Terry's sister thought Hailey's Mom was involved and that she had Hailey.

It's something that her father wanted to make clear to reporters Wednesday. Kevin Dunbar says he is angry about some media reports that say his daughter was involved with Saretzky.

"I'm angry about some of the things that are being splashed across the media about my daughter," he said.

He also said he moved his family away from Blairmore.

"It's terrible. All the kids out here are into drugs, and they're all into just being bad kids, and it was having an effect on my kids, and we needed to move," he said.

Wow, rude. This is so offensive.

Wow, rude. This is so offensive.

This is how I felt when I read this quote too.. it implies that all young people in this town/area are into drugs and up to no good... sweeping generalization...

One other thing--I pray that CD has nothing to do with this crime... but I did find it funny that she said she went to high school in B.C.--If I heard correctly during her interview. Yet, she said she knew DS "three years ago." She is 20 right now.. which would make her association with him at the time she was 17...which would likely mean she was still in high school.

Even if I heard wrong...how could she know people her own age and not know what high school they went to? I'm hoping it was just nerves or shock that was playing a role in what she said... but things aren't adding up to me--a sentiment that others have shared..

just my .02c

Yeah, the fact is there aren't even that many young people down there anymore. It's like a ghost town much of the time. I just think it sounds like his kids were hanging out with a bad crowd, maybe.

http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/09/17/...at-centre-of-horrific-crowsnest-pass-slayings

Quiet, respectful, and possibly disturbed.
For those who knew him, 22-year-old Derek James Saretzky was a conflicted young man, who’d gone from relatively shy high school kid to a troubled loner, with a lifestyle that had deteriorated into a cycle of rotten people and bad habits.
Still, sources say Saretzky’s criminal record remained totally clean until Wednesday, when RCMP charged him with two counts of first-degree murder and one count of committing an indignity to a human body.
A clean record but the sources also say Saretzky had sought help for psychiatric troubles in the past.

I can't find the link but I believe it was reported that she was found in an old mine camp. Not that MSM has been entirely correct in it's reporting during this tragic affair.

I already had "done my research", thank. Here are a couple of examples.
This guy was convicted of the same thing for dumping a body.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/jail-time-for-indignity-to-teenager-s-body-1.544429

So was this one.
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/02/16/indignity-to-a-body-charge-after-woman-found-in-laneway

I too have seen charges like this.. in this area, when Michael White was first charged with dumping his wife's body in a ditch, this charge was included...

In the photo of DS at the link below, you can see discolorations or poss bruising on all his knuckles and the joints? above the knuckles on his right hand.

Is that from working at the family's dry cleaning business, from boxing without gloves or from some type of outdoor work that he once did?

http://m.calgarysun.com/2015/09/17/...at-centre-of-horrific-crowsnest-pass-slayings

Very observant epiphany! Good question. He looks to be in decent shape by the one picture.

I thought his hands just looked dirty when i saw it.. like a mechanic's hands...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214