Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tiny bit of hope even with the suspect in custody. Because if he left the body of the father...then he most likely would have killed/left hers as well. So maybe she was taken and given to someone and is alive. Not that that is a great outcome, by any means. But better than the alternative.

Have had the same questions....and probably more....

As to #2...unless she was awake and could recognize him.....
#3....I've read conflicting reports too...including that grampa lived in Elkford...which if I recall is about an hour away from Blairmore....?
#4...and was the van seen in front of or in back....there is no parking except the street in front....in the back there is parking behind the house and the alleyway....
#5...I've wondered that too...the van may have been seen leaving quickly at 330am Monday...but how long had the perp been at the house...how long was TB deceased...etc...Dad obviously missed dropping Hailey off in Edmonton...which would be a good 5-6 hour drive from Blairmore....at least...

A thought that keeps going thru my head....and delete or edit me if needed...the 'other' dad someone had mentioned earlier....can we talk about that...or is that considered speculation/rumour?

It can't be talked about unless this person is listed as a suspect in main stream media. So it's all rumor now.

(OT - I love your signature .gif.)

Coleman is the next town west of Blairmore...about 6 1/2km distant.....
I had read about another homicide...happened in Coleman a week or 2 ago? Elderly lady....Don't think it was related if I recall....JMOO...I need to start going back over news articles and find some links to info...

Yes it was a 69 year old woman a week ago. A lot of people are wondering if it is related since it's just an odd coincidence for all of this to be going on in such a short period of time in an area where this kind of thing rarely happens. But other than that there isn't anything to suggest these two cases are related and I believe the rcmp stated today that they don't think they're related either.

Hmmmmm she acted as if she didn't know. Now that's really weird��

The RCMP was being careful with their words by saying they spoke to the mother before the amber alert was issued. It's technically true, but she only knew there was a problem in the first place because she saw it on Facebook. The local newspaper posted that there was a "crime scene" at the home, and of course she freaked out and called the RCMP to ask what was going on. They didn't reach out to her first. Then after speaking to RCMP the Amber alert was issued.

It can't be talked about unless this person is listed as a suspect in main stream media. So it's all rumor now.

(OT - I love your signature .gif.)
Thanks Amy....I figured it was a no-no....so better safe than sorry! Thanks! Love yours too *my favourite flowers!* & your name...I wish I'd went with an alias...Rose Tyler comes to mind..anywho....back on topic...I gab too much!

Maybe Dad didn't show with Hailey, Mom calls someone in Blairemore and they confront Dad?

Hmmmmm she acted as if she didn't know. Now that's really weird😕
What do you mean acted? When she posted that on FB, I don't think she did know. I thought SHE called the RCMP to notify them that Hailey was with her dad.

Have had the same questions....and probably more....

As to #2...unless she was awake and could recognize him.....
#3....I've read conflicting reports too...including that grampa lived in Elkford...which if I recall is about an hour away from Blairmore....?
#4...and was the van seen in front of or in back....there is no parking except the street in front....in the back there is parking behind the house and the alleyway....
#5...I've wondered that too...the van may have been seen leaving quickly at 330am Monday...but how long had the perp been at the house...how long was TB deceased...etc...Dad obviously missed dropping Hailey off in Edmonton...which would be a good 5-6 hour drive from Blairmore....at least...

A thought that keeps going thru my head....and delete or edit me if needed...the 'other' dad someone had mentioned earlier....can we talk about that...or is that considered speculation/rumour?
Yes very interesting age/location there, but I think we have to hold off for a bit on that until/unless we hear it from MSM or law enforcement.

I can speak to Canada/Montana border crossings with minor children.

I took a vacation through Montana into Canada with my 14 year old daughter last summer. I had to have a passport (actually I had the 'limited land passport'), but for my daughter I had her birth certificate and a signed letter from her (also custodial) father along with a copy of his (signed) driver's license. It was not notarized.

We had no trouble crossing in to Canada through Eureka, though they considered confiscating our apples. On the way back in to Montana (a smaller crossing station -- Chief Joseph's pass?) the guard was much more suspicious of my paperwork and questioned my daughter specifically about her date of birth, her parents' names, her full name, etc. She got pretty flustered at that and kept looking at me, which is when the border guard put extra effort into establishing trust with her -- He called her 'sweetheart' and really studied her face as she answered.

I am so glad they were so careful, though I was afraid we were going to be delayed somehow getting back into the US. They did confiscate our firewood, and I spent the rest of the drive teasing my 'sweetheart' daughter with her nickname.

The Amber Alert came across the TV in Montana yesterday afternoon and I have heard that it is just a precaution the authorities are taking since the abduction happened so close to the border, but I don't have a link.

What do you mean acted? When she posted that on FB, I don't think she did know. I thought SHE called the RCMP to notify them that Hailey was with her dad.

I'm pretty sure she did call the RCMP to get/give info on Hailey. I'm not sure the RCMP were aware there was a child missing prior to contact with CD and CD didn't know Hailey was gone until they confirmed it, hence the Amber Alert not being activated until nearly 12 hours later.

As a police foundations Grad who is pursuing her post grad in CSI / forensics I actually have hope for this little girl.
Here is why:
IMO I think hailey was the target, (to take her, not harm her) dad woke up, and died fighting for his baby. Suspect(s) flee OR suspect(s) didn't have the heart to hurt Hailey but couldn't leave her behind.
Which brings me to the Amber alert being renewed, if they didn't have a shred of hope that she is still alive they would cancel the alert, they would do this to maintain the integrity of the alert program, it's protocol.

I say suspect(s) because someone may be "holding" Hailey, or she was stolen for someone (if that makes sense) which is why they are not releasing the name or many deets surrounding the suspect or if the van is 100% related. They do this so whomever may have her will still think they are "okay" and not do anything crazy like harm Hailey.

ALSO the fact they only have a suspect in custody without charges laid means they have not established facts in issue to build their prima facie case for prosecution.

All of this is MY opinion based on the knowledge I gained during my education in Ontario.

Since the beginning I had an idea of who it could have been just solely based off of a specific fb post. It is so frustrating, although I completely respect and understand the TOS. My gut feeling is that the name will be released soon, and then we will be able to freely discuss.
MOO

It does seem weird that if Hailey was meant to be given to her mother in Edmonton the day prior, and obviously that didn't happen, her mother hadn't made contact with Hailey's dad, or grandfather, or anyone else she knew in Blairmore (I think she used to live there so would know people) to wonder why she hadn't turned up.

Did she not wonder if there had been a traffic accident on the way down? I would be freaking out.

Perhaps their custody arrangement was loose? Maybe it was normal for pickups and drop offs not to happen when scheduled?

It does seem weird that if Hailey was meant to be given to her mother in Edmonton the day prior, and obviously that didn't happen, her mother hadn't made contact with Hailey's dad, or grandfather, or anyone else she knew in Blairmore (I think she used to live there so would know people) to wonder why she hadn't turned up.

Did she not wonder if there had been a traffic accident on the way down? I would be freaking out.

Perhaps their custody arrangement was loose? Maybe it was normal for pickups and drop offs not to happen when scheduled?

Yep this is what i dont get. I would be on that phone calling.

Have to agree completely on this one....I would be going out of my mind worrying if I couldn't get ahold of Dad and they were a day late being dropped off.....

My ex and I shared custody...our 2 kids at the time were teens....but we still had fairly set times...very open about visiting days etc.... but times were adhered to when being dropped off/picked up...we'd always call each other if times had to change or what have you....things happen....but I can't imagine if I couldn't get hold of Dad...and such a young child....

I wouldn't be surprised if the custody stuff (drop offs/pick ups) was a bit loose. So maybe that's why she wasn't super worried? Just speculation, though.

The Montana Amber Alert is still in effect as of 3:00 PM this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMTAG