Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This strikes me as an horrific attack on such a small female child by such an abnormal man. The man who is attracted to such young children, without hesitation in attacking such young children, should never again be released from prison ... like Austin Sigg. Men like that cannot be reformed.

The fact that this man, Saretzky, murdered a vulnerable child's father to access his 2 year old child is an eye-opener in terms of interpreting children who are at risk. I have wondered, from the beginning, whether the fact that a 27 year old male had a 2 year old female child in his care factored into perceptions about his, and his child's, vulnerability. I suspect that, although he fought to the death to save his daughter's life, his daughter was perceived as more vulnerable than children who live with their moms, or children with two married parents in part because I suspect that society perceives a child in the care of a father as less protected than a child in the care of her mother.

... all an opinion
Has there been an epidemic of stranger murders and molestations of girls while living with their fathers?

One could argue there are more molestations of daughters by predators accessing the mothers through dating sites.

The possible relationships with both parents before this attack has yet to be disclosed, and probably plays just as big a part in this as anything.

If the motive was to kill the parent she was with, and then take her... I highly doubt he would have reconsidered were it the mother there. "Sure... I can stab him no problem, but the mother? No way. She'll go all Ronda Rousey."

Come on.

I had to skip a couple of back pages ... what reason is there for releasing the body of the stabbed victim who was found in the house, but withholding the remains of the victim who was abducted from the residence and found within meters of several homes?
Forensics.

Indignity to body.

I had to skip a couple of back pages ... what reason is there for releasing the body of the stabbed victim who was found in the house, but withholding the remains of the victim who was abducted from the residence and found within meters of several homes?

Reposting this:

I read the following which explains the possible reasons for the delay in releasing HDB's body for burial:

"Where the police are investigating the death because they think a crime may have been committed, and when someone has been or may be charged with causing the death, the coroner may delay giving permission to bury the body so that the lawyers acting for the accused can arrange their own post-mortem. This can be very distressing for the family, but the coroner has a duty to protect the rights of the accused in this way.
If someone is charged with an offence and there is to be a criminal trial there will not usually be a full inquest as well. The coroner can hold an inquest after a trial but in practice this is very rare. If you think that there should be an inquest as well as a criminal trial, you will need to make sure the coroner knows your views and you may need to take legal advice."

"Can I stop it?
Bereaved relatives do not have to give consent for a coroner’s post-mortem examination to take place. However, if you feel strongly about this you should speak to the coroner.
If the coroner decides a post-mortem examination is necessary, the only means of stopping it is by a complicated legal procedure called a judicial review. It would be necessary to demonstrate that the coroner’s decision was unreasonable, i.e. because the grounds for wanting a post-mortem were in some way insubstantial. In reality the post-mortem is often carried out very soon after the death and the family may not have sought advice that quickly, or they may not have been informed that it is taking place. The coroner will not release the body for the funeral until the procedures required have been carried out."

"The coroner is only required to inform the relatives of the deceased of the time and place at which the examination is to be made, if the relatives have told the coroner that they wish to be informed. "

I'm guessing TB's post-mortem examination was pretty straight-forward (sorry that sounds so harsh) and carried out soon after his death. If TB's body has been released, this tells me they have conducted all the necessary procedures required. I.e. TB died of multiple stab wounds causing........whatever. Basically, this is straight-forward.

I compare TB's wounds to that of a gunshot victim - straight forward.

I'm guessing that the indignity to the body of HDB has somewhat hindered the post-mortem examination. I.e if HDB's remains were dismembered/burned (I say this only as an example as we don't know what the indignity was), determining the COD would be much more difficult. We don't know if HDB was sexually abused - this also would need to be determined as would time of death.

This is just my thoughts on this. JMO

What exactly led you to the conclusion that the child who was reported screaming as the van raced down the road was dead?

If she was not already dead, there would be a kidnapping charge. Also, I don't know if there ever was a scream at 3:30am but it could of been prior to death.

Indignity to a body could be transporting a dead body and dumping it? IDK.

If she was not already dead, there would be a kidnapping charge. Also, I don't know if there ever was a scream at 3:30am but it could of been prior to death.

If this is your theory (and I'm not knocking it) why do you think he would take an already deceased HDB from the house but leave TB behind? Why not walk off and make a clean exit and leave both bodies to be discovered in the morning? Taking HDB alive is the only thing I can seem to theorize myself, so I'm just wondering your thoughts on why he would take her if she was already "passed".

I'm not sure it was ever reported that the child was screaming AS the van raced down the street. A scream was heard and witness(es) saw a van race down the street. We don't know the time lapse. IMO, I don't think she was dead when she was taken. But the scream itself isn't proof. She could have screamed right before she was killed and then taken.

Yep. That's right. Someone paid attention to something on the street at 3:00 AM and it was reported as a screaming child and a van with a flag racing away.

Time lapse, traffic route, taking one of two dead bodies from a crime scene? I don't think so.

Please explain.

Why would there be a kidnapping/abduction charge on top of a murder charge?
This is not the United States where people are sentenced to hundreds of year in prison. This is Canada, where criminals are charged with the most severe criminal offence, such as murder, and 'abduction' (not kidnapping) is included in the 25 years for murder. Right?

You may not know that the child was reported screaming at 3:00 AM, but anyone who listens to the news knows that the child was reported screaming at the same time that a white van with a flag raced away from the house. Remember the Amber Alert about the abduction of a 2 year old child?

BBM: Indignity to a body is not transporting a dead body. Morticians do it all the time, and there's nothing wrong with transporting a dead person. The problem here is that the child was left within meters of several houses, and the only way that the remains were discovered is because the suspect told police where to look. If the body was recognizable, a body within meters of several houses would have been found long before the suspect confessed. The indignity to a body is probably related to destroying evidence of the body.

Please explain.

Why would there be a kidnapping/abduction charge on top of a murder charge?
This is not the United States where people are sentenced to hundreds of year in prison. This is Canada, where criminals are charged with the most severe criminal offence, such as murder, and 'abduction' (not kidnapping) is included in the 25 years for murder. Right?

You may not know that the child was reported screaming at 3:00 AM, but anyone who listens to the news knows that the child was reported screaming at the same time that a white van with a flag raced away from the house. Remember the Amber Alert about the abduction of a 2 year old child?

BBM: Indignity to a body is not transporting a dead body. Morticians do it all the time, and there's nothing wrong with transporting a dead person. The problem here is that the child was left within meters of several houses, and the only way that the remains were discovered is because the suspect told police where to look. If the body was recognizable, a body within meters of several houses would have been found long before the suspect confessed. The indignity to a body is probably related to destroying evidence of the body.
As previously pointed out... Victoria Stafford's killer was convicted of both murder and kidnapping... IN CANADA.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/michael-rafferty-found-guilty-of-tori-stafford-murder-1.1230270

I don't know what nationality you are, but this is Canadian law, as per the Canada Criminal Code.

I'm Canadian. And in every single abduction/murder investigation I've ever followed, kidnapping and murder charges have always been separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think LE know if she was dead or alive when she was taken. If they are holding onto her remains because they are having difficulties with a post mortem then it stands to reason that a lot of questions surrounding her death remain unanswered and they continue to try to figure it out.

Unless DS tells them straight out whether she was dead or alive when he took her they have to rely of forensics to get that answer.

Perhaps the charge of kidnapping will come when they have an answer to the question.

Now - what do you think....indigity to a body...........only speculation of burning the body, however due to the time of keeping her remains, I believe they are further testing remains for COD, and possibility of sexual assault..............just my very sad thoughts

Lawyers sometimes give you an insight into their strategies in the most public of ways.

Let me just say that I hope CD and TB never gave permission to DS to take little HDB anywhere in the past. Consent one day has been interpreted in Canadian court as consent on another day. Unbelievable, but shockingly true.

Let me also say that defence lawyers sometimes manage to have important information, such as computer evidence, ruled inadmissable or disallowed, even when that information is critical to the jury's decision.

Let us hope that the jury is instructed carefully and properly by the judge.

Let us hope that the jury is carefully vetted by the Crown prosecutors, and that it is one of "peers" of both the victims and the accused. Let us hope that the Crown is not railroaded in this process.

Let us hope that there is continuing investigation of Victoria Crow Shoe's murder, and any and all possible connections to the CNP murders. The killing of an Aboriginal woman, whatever her background, is no less important than the loss of any other life.

I hope you do not think I am being obsequious. My concerns are quite real.

It's also helpful to look at the profiles of the defence team in order to understand their areas of expertise and experience. For further information, I research any cases that have made their way into the media. All of it is helpful.

When I found out about the dry cleaning angle to this story, I thought, Blairmore Breaking Bad.

And I want to get my hair done where Mr. Northcott does.
I wish someday there will be a safety net in place in our society where human minds that begin to go wrong can be recognized and healed before tragedies like this occur. Its all too commonplace anymore.

"I wish someday there will be a safety net in place in our society where human minds that begin to go wrong can be recognized and healed before tragedies like this occur. Its all too commonplace anymore."

I couldn't agree more. Without going too far off topic, there has been a longstanding problem in this area with misguided youth, who don't see a future in this economically-depressed area. The curfew came about for a reason. This is the challenge this area must now face in order to heal. This problem didn't happen overnight. I found a blog from 2008, in which a local resident expressed concerns the youth issues would turn violent, and here we are. She was an "outsider" who didn't grow up there, but it's sad nobody listened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot