Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The case of the body found in the reservoir was in the jurisdiction of the Pincher Creek RCMP. The body found in the Oldman Reservoir had not been identified. Apparently loved ones reported her missing after the body was found. Lethbridge (where she lived) city police handled the missing persons case, but the case was handed over to Pincher Creek RCMP once Victoria was identified. The murder investigation is being handled by the RCMP Major Crimes Unit in cooperation with Pincher Creek RCMP, as I understand it. That is what is being reported now anyways.

There have been many lives lost in the past year on the Blood Reserve between Lethbridge and the CNP. People are not always quick to report a loved one missing, and it isn't always easy to have an adult declared missing. We don't know if Victoria lived a "high-risk lifestyle". This has not been reported.

Not necessarily with the suspect: with people in this story who are about the same age, and may have attended the same school. "Running with" isn't quite the same as being in the same circle. You can go to school with someone and never "run with" them. You can play sports on the same team and not "run with" someone. Interconnections in small centres are many and varied. Mothers of children in school often know each other, especially in small centres.

Is there a discussion thread for Victoria Crowshoe? There's obviously a murderer on the loose who was in the Lethbridge area in late August, early September.

Is there a discussion thread for Victoria Crowshoe? There's obviously a murderer on the loose who was in the Lethbridge area in late August, early September.

If there isn't, someone should make one. Crowshoe needs it IMO.

No, VCS was found in the Oldman Reservoir near Cowley. That's close to Pincher Creek. We have no idea where she was before she was murdered, or when she died. The date of death in her obituary is the date she was found.

Where was she last seen? We don't know. Who was she with when she was last seen? We don't know. Did she lead a high-risk lifestyle? The RCMP aren't saying, but they may not be saying because of sensitivity to missing aboriginal women. Did she hitchhike? We don't know.

She has and had ties to the CNP. This was stated in her obituary. She was found murdered a short drive away from the CNP. The RCMP have said they are investigating to see if her murder and the murder of Hanne Meketech are related to the Blairmore murders.

How do you know that she was murdered in Lethbridge?

No, VCS was found in the Oldman Reservoir near Cowley. That's close to Pincher Creek. We have no idea where she was before she was murdered, or when she died. The date of death in her obituary is the date she was found.

Where was she last seen? We don't know. Who was she with when she was last seen? We don't know. Did she lead a high-risk lifestyle? The RCMP aren't saying, but they may not be saying because of sensitivity to missing aboriginal women. Did she hitchhike? We don't know.

She has and had ties to the CNP. This was stated in her obituary. She was found murdered a short drive away from the CNP. The RCMP have said they are investigating to see if her murder and the murder of Hanne Meketech are related to the Blairmore murders.

How do you know that she was murdered in Lethbridge?

If she was living in Lethbridge, was last seen in Lethbridge, and was reported missing in Lethbridge, isn't safe to assume that she was in Lethbridge at the time that she met her murderer? That doesn't mean that she was murdered in Lethbridge. In fact, it looks like she was murdered North of Pincher Creek. Her murderer could be from another place, such as Blairmore, which is what I understand you to be saying (although it may not be Saretzky).

Thank you for pointing me to CNP! I finally read the entire obituary and see that she raised her daughters in the Crowsnest Pass area. I get it now. Her children may have been in the same circles as the suspect. I understand ... sorry for being such a slow thinker at times.

Given that her body was found between Lethbridge and Blairmore, perhaps her murderer picked her up in Lethbridge, drove her to Windy Point Campground near the Oldman Dam to party, murdered her, and then continued on to Blairmore.

• Funeral in Calgary
  • School in Clareholm
  • Raised children in Crowsnest Pass area
  • Lived in Lethbridge
  • Body at Windy Point Campground, Oldman Dam Reservoir

Attachments

• Victoria Crowshoe Map.jpg
    Victoria Crowshoe Map.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 114
Pondering for a minute...

The strange thing about VCS's story in the media is that I saw the missing person reports for VCS in Lethbridge media. Then I saw the report about the body found in the reservoir. The body found in the reservoir was reported the next day, September 14. Then I saw that the missing person report had been cancelled, and posted here that it may be connected to a missing woman from Lethbridge. Then it came out that the body was that of VCS. Until a couple of days ago, she was last seen on August 26. Then it changed to August 29, then it changed to last seen by family on August 26 and by associates on August 29. It's really quite confusing, and I'm not sure what to believe. I swear VCS was reported missing before her body was found.

It's also worth a mention that the Crow Shoe/Crowshoe surname is found in Brocket. See the shaded area between Pincher Creek and Lethbridge on Highway 3? VCS spells her surname differently from the way her children spell it.

As reported earlier, a relative of DS (who spells her surname with two "s"s) who lives in Fort MacLeod posted on her FB page on behalf of his family.

Highway 22 used to be known for folks in fancy cars that would go out for a spin on summer weekends at frighteningly high rates of speed. The Pincher Creek area is also home to wind farms. It's not so isolated. Skiing in Fernie draws visitors in the winter, and summer draws hikers and fishermen.

Can we please redirect this thread back to the Blanchette case. Thank you in advance.

Pondering for a minute...

The strange thing about VCS's story in the media is that I saw the missing person reports for VCS in Lethbridge media. Then I saw the report about the body found in the reservoir. The body found in the reservoir was reported the next day, September 14. Then I saw that the missing person report had been cancelled, and posted here that it may be connected to a missing woman from Lethbridge. Then it came out that the body was that of VCS. Until a couple of days ago, she was last seen on August 26. Then it changed to August 29, then it changed to last seen by family on August 26 and by associates on August 29. It's really quite confusing, and I'm not sure what to believe. I swear VCS was reported missing before her body was found.

• August 26: last seen by family
  • August 31: last seen by associates [friends]
  • Sunday, Sept 13: body found
  • September 15: reported missing to Lethbridge Police

"Ms. Crow Shoe’s body was found along the shore of the Oldman River Reservoir at the Windy Point Campground on Sunday, September 13, 2015. Last seen by family members on August 26, 2015, Victoria Crow Shoe was reported as a missing person to the Lethbridge Regional Police Service (LRPS) on September 15, 2015.

... The RCMP appreciates and thanks all those who have come forward, however, police would like to hear from everyone who knew Victoria Crow Shoe or who may have knowledge of her activities and whereabouts prior to when she was last seen by associates on August 31, 2015."

http://www.albertavoice.ca/2015/09/death-of-victoria-crow-shoe-now.html

Can we please redirect this thread back to the Blanchette case. Thank you in advance.

I suppose the discussion has veered off to other possible victims of Derek Saretzky. Terry and Hailey seem connected to Derek, as does the neighbour of Derek's grandparents. The murders of the neighbour and Terry don't seem to have any real connection, but Derek is a good suspect for both, so it is possible that there's also a unrecognized connection to Victoria Crowshoe - especially given that she raised her daughters in the Crowsnest Pass area.

Two victims were found in their homes, one was near a lake, and the fourth was near two houses at Derek's aunts' property.

Is Derek a budding schizophrenic, or is he a maniac who sneaks into acquaintance's homes to attack them?

Terry murdered, Hailey abducted

Attachments

• Terry Murder Hailey Abduction.jpg
    Terry Murder Hailey Abduction.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 121
Aerial of Terry's duplex

Attachments

• Terry Murder Hailey Abduction 2.jpg
    Terry Murder Hailey Abduction 2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 119
The house in Blairmore, and the distance between where Hailey was abducted, and where she was found.

Attachments

• Terry Murder Hailey Abduction3.jpg
    Terry Murder Hailey Abduction3.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Terry Murder Hailey Abduction4.jpg
    Terry Murder Hailey Abduction4.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 45
Routes from home to remains

Attachments

• routes.jpg
    routes.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 164
'Innocent people rarely get sentenced as if they are guilty. Our court systems aren't that much of a joke.'

Innocent people get wrongly convicted more often than most of us like to think. Their lives can be ruined, even if they are later found innocent. If it happened to you, you wouldn't think it was a joke.

'Innocent people rarely get sentenced as if they are guilty. Our court systems aren't that much of a joke.'

Innocent people get wrongly convicted more often than most of us like to think. Their lives can be ruined, even if they are later found innocent. If it happened to you, you wouldn't think it was a joke.

The Canadian Justice System is not a joke. Innocent people are only convicted by accident and the advent of DNA analysis has greatly reduced errors. Several Canadians have been exonerated and convicted due to DNA evidence (Milgaard/Fisher). Milgaard was convicted in part due to eye witness testimony from his friends. Obviously the courts are going to consider eye-witness testimony. It was revealed decades after the conviction that Milgaard's associates on the night that the nurse was murdered had lied. They felt pressured by police authorities to lie. The eye-witnesses both suffered debilitating drug dysfunction lives after giving false testimony.

Please name an innocent person who was convicted of murder in Canada after DNA analysis was included in the court process (post-1995 Canada).

Did you know that in Canada, when a person is wrongly convicted, that person is entitled to a financial settlement in the millions?

Did you know that in the US, wrongfully convicted prisoners who are exonerated are not entitled to any compensation from the State or Government that wrongfully convicted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot