Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hailey was born in Taber. It's quite unclear if her two weeks on, two weeks off visits to her mother were actually visits to Taber, until recently. Was a move to Edmonton the reason for the change in plans for the custody arrangements at the time of the murders?

It's also unclear when the two-week agreement kicked in. Various media have reported that HDB lived with her father full-time and went to visit her mother. Maybe this two-week plan was recent, and few in the town knew about it.

It will be important to the RCMP in their investigation.

Maybe we should add Taber to our mental map, as it was Hailey's birthplace.

And when did TB start taking care of HDB? It was reported that he had a past in Calgaryin 2013.

Taber, BTW, seems an odd choice to get away from "bad things" in the CNP, because Taber has "bad things" of its own.

CD didn't necessarily have to live in Taber to use the hospital there. There are only 6 birthing rooms at the Lethbridge hospital, 2 are private and cost more to use. These rooms could have already been booked or in use when she went into labour. The Taber hospital may have been the closest available or for whatever reason she may have specifically chosen it in advance; if say her doctor worked out of that hospital.

Don't be so sure of yourself.

Besides, discussing an out of context quote I made about respecting Canada's judicial system is surely off topic for this thread. I was under the impression that the general consensus was we are only to discuss the murder of HDB.

I'm quite sure. Those involved and experienced are well aware of the system's shortcomings, and how much personal bias permeates the system in ways many haven't ever considered.

All it would take is for a close family member to disappear, or a spousal accusation of abuse...

Those involved and experienced are also better at playing and negotiating the system though... but I doubt they would still make the self righteous and bold statement that they are bulletproof.

Public forum is just that, and given the justice system is part of the HDB case... analysis of it is 'on topic'.

I'm quite sure. Those involved and experienced are well aware of the system's shortcomings, and how much personal bias permeates the system in ways many haven't ever considered.

All it would take is for a close family member to disappear, or a spousal accusation of abuse...

Those involved and experienced are also better at playing and negotiating the system though... but I doubt they would still make the self righteous and bold statement that they are bulletproof.

Public forum is just that, and given the justice system is part of the HDB case... analysis of it is 'on topic'.

Yes, you are right. There are definitely short comings with the way cases, here in Canada, are handled. Not to mention the seeming lack of severity in the length of sentences. In comparison, however, to other countries around the world ours is one of the most civil. On paper it is designed to keep the innocent OUT of jail. Yep, I respect that.

CD didn't necessarily have to live in Taber to use the hospital there. There are only 6 birthing rooms at the Lethbridge hospital, 2 are private and cost more to use. These rooms could have already been booked or in use when she went into labour. The Taber hospital may have been the closest available or for whatever reason she may have specifically chosen it in advance; if say her doctor worked out of that hospital.

But didn't KD say he moved his family away about three years ago?

Here he says he lived in Sparwood, B.C.:

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/09/17/alberta-town-seeks-answers-in-murder-of-father-and-daughter/

So if they were living in Sparwood when CD gave birth, wouldn't it be more likely that doctor was in B.C., and the hospital, too?

I do understand that women give birth in places that are not where they live. But if this were a high-risk birth, why Taber instead of, say, Lethbridge?

I think KD moved his children away before the birth. CD said she hadn't seen DS in about three years, which would have been before HDB's birth.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/cal...nbar-blanchette-homicides-blairmore-1.3232264

Still confused about the who and when of the pickup and drop off arrangements for HDB that week.

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/09/16/hailey-dunbar-blanchettes-mother-cheyenne-i-dont-know-why

A further thought: many women want their mothers nearby when they give birth. This may have had something to do with HDB's birth in Taber.

Still confused about the who and when of the pickup and drop off arrangements for HDB that week.

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/09/16/hailey-dunbar-blanchettes-mother-cheyenne-i-dont-know-why

Thanks for this link!
I couldn't remember where DS had been arrested. The story says he was at a family members home in Coleman. Was the van there as well I wonder? The story also mentions that RCMP confirmed that Blanchette and Saretzky were aquantices. Wonder how they confirmed?

Thanks for this link!
I couldn't remember where DS had been arrested. The story says he was at a family members home in Coleman. Was the van there as well I wonder? The story also mentions that RCMP confirmed that Blanchette and Saretzky were aquantices. Wonder how they confirmed?

RCMP have never said where they found the van, or how they found DS, other than canvassing the neighborhood.

http://m.torontosun.com/2015/09/15/...firm-one-an-arrested-amber-alert-still-active

DS had more than one relative who lived in Coleman. I remember a photo of a shed in Coleman, but have no idea if that's where he was found.

Did DS have his own vehicle?

I don't know why the media never said that DS lived on 21 Avenue in Blairmore, several blocks down from TB's place. They lived on the same street in a small town. TB's father took Hailey to Ben Wong's restsurant, two doors down from the cleaners where DS worked. How could they not have met? TB may even have picked up restaurant linens, uniforms and towels from Prestige Dry Cleaners. This is what they do.

DS may have made a delivery to Pure Country when Hailey and TB were there. Pure Country also change management over the summer, which could be relevant.

A further thought: many women want their mothers nearby when they give birth. This may have had something to do with HDB's birth in Taber.

No offense, but this is relevant how? Your net of suspicion seems to grow larger by the day.

No. KD said he moved his children away. He said he was living in B.C. B.C. is under a different health care plan. HDB was born in Taber, which is in Alberta. CD said she hadn't seen DS in about three years, which is before HDB was born. HDB was born in Taber. It is possible that CD was living in Taber, but not necessarily. As a pregnant teen, she was probably living with someone, maybe her mother, or another relative. Many women want to be near their mothers when they give birth. It is perfectly understandable. It is nothing suspicious.

Taber is near Lethbridge.

Tammy Marquardt, wrongfully convicted of murdering a toddler in 1995.

Richard Brant, wrongfully convicted of aggravated assault of a baby in 1995.

Sherry Sherret Robinson, wrongfully convicted of murdering a toddler in 1996.

Brenda Waudby, wrongfully convicted of child abuse in 1997.

Louise Reynolds charged with 2nd degree murder in 1997 and spent 22 months on remand before the charges were dropped.

Simon Marshall, a mentally handicapped man wrongfully convicted of sexual assault in 1997.

Leighton Hay, wrongfully convicted of first degree murder in 2004.

Were the people actually wrongly convicted or were there convictions overturned on appeal? I'm sure that there are many guilty people out there that have had their cases overturned due to technicalities.

I would guess that these days there are very very few people in jail for crimes that they had absolutely nothing to do with. Certainly not for murder cases anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were the people actually wrongly convicted or were there convictions overturned on appeal? I'm sure that there are many guilty people out there that have had their cases overturned due to technicalities.

I would guess that these days there are very very few people in jail for crimes that they had absolutely nothing to do with. Certainly not for murder cases anyway.

Look them up, they were wrongfully convicted, mostly due to the testimony of discredited "expert" witnesses. One "expert" on Shaken Baby Syndrome alone was responsible for several wrongful convictions for murder or child abuse, when it turned out later that the child had died of natural causes.
Simon Marshall, who is mentally handicapped, falsely confessed to the police and was convicted for crimes he had nothing to do with.

Imagine how many innocent people a dodgy DNA analysis expert could get locked up! Or DNA samples getting contaminated or mixed up, or people innocently having a victim's DNA on them...Even DNA evidence isn't foolproof.

Interestingly enough Hersh Wolch commented on this case in a CBC interview and the topic of innocent people being wrongly convicted. He is a very credible lawyer and is very knowledgeable on this topic. We may have the technology to prove if someone is guilty of a crime if DNA is involved but not all criminals are registered and there isn't always a DNA sample found that can be used. As long as the world has criminals, they will try to outsmart the system and innocent people will wind up wrongfully accused.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/david-milgaard-wrongful-convictions-1.3255685

"We don't pay any attention to the presumption of innocence," said Wolch. "Our presumption of innocence is really watered down."

Take the Blairmore homicides of two-year-old Hailey Dunbar Blanchette and her father, Terry Blanchette.

Wolch puts it to the room; who believes the accused, Derek Saretzky is innocent?

Nobody moves.

Put that with what Wolch describes as 'junk science,' false confessions, self-serving snitches, underfunded legal aid and an inadequate defence, and you have some of the factors that can lead to innocent people ending up in prison.

Neither Wolch nor Milgaard are ignorant to the fact that most people in jails and prisons are guilty, but that's no comfort to the few who are not.

You can only usually find stories written after the fact on these people, so you don't get a true picture. Read what Christie Blatchford had to say about Leighton Hay.....

http://o.canada.com/news/national/blatchford-wrongful-conviction-raises-questions

Without hearing the evidence of the trial, its impossible for me to make any determination on most of these cases.

[video=youtube;EfwoK9pTrfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwoK9pTrfU[/video]

This is the beauty that was taken in a level of deceit that cannot be reconciled through our Judicial System.

Thanks cloudippingdown for posting the tribute to Hailey Dunbar Blanchette and Terry Blanchette. The brutal theft of beauty from this world--the beauty of Hailey's spirit, and the beauty of her father's love for her--cannot be reconciled through the Judicial System. But, the fact that such beauty existed can and will be celebrated and remembered by all who knew and loved this little family, and those within the extended communities who have been touched by their story.

WTH??? Isn't this supposed to be about Hailey and Terry and the arrested suspect in their case? Yes, many people die who may or may not be "beautiful" and they may not get their own thread on WS but that's up to the people here to create the thread and do their part, in respect for the missing or deceased person. There is a basement/parking lot for off topic subjects and there may already be a thread for a particular topic of interest. Not a mod, just wanted to point that out. Let's get back to the victims and suspect please. JMO

This thread is to discuss the Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette case. Websleuths is a victim friendly forum with Terms of Service specific to how this private forum is conducted. It is not a free-for-all public forum to discuss whatever one feels like (i.e. other victims or starving children in the world, politics, religion, the destruction of civilization, TOS, moderation, etc).

As per TOS, posts that appear designed to incite, antagonize, or create conflict are not allowed and will be removed at the discretion of Mods/Admin.

“The Rules” can be found here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Please get back to respectfully discussing the known facts, opinions/theories, and matters that relate to Hailey’s case.

:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members